Whose Fault?

Mind Over Matter (Kyungsoo's POV)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I thought we were already good friends.

After that one date, we started having meetings almost every day and I thought all was well.

Then she suddenly said one night. . . that we won’t work.

I would never understand women’s viewpoint.

It’s too branchy.

I took into consideration her opinion and agreed to stop whatever we were having which is merely friendship. It’s been a week, I’d say I survived but my sleeping habits didn’t.

I am widely awake until now.

I turn to my wall clock; it’s already past three in the morning. I never woke up at this kind of hour. Am I being possessed by an evil spirit? But that seems too far-fetched, ghosts aren’t real.

Perhaps I’ve been lying to myself.

Perhaps I don’t really agree that we won’t work.

I need to do something about this.

I need to have a steady sleep pattern again.

 

 

_ _ _

 

“Dr. Do, have you found any Churros shop? The students have chosen that kind of snack for the seminar.”

I send a bow to my fellow professor who’s the leader of our upcoming Science Fair seminar. “I know a pastry online shop.” I answer. “Alright, do they make Churros?” Professor Cho asks. My eyes momentarily move from side to side as I think of it. “I haven’t come upon that idea and I am not quite sure but. . . Churros don’t taste good, cupcakes do.” I explain. “Eh? The students wanted Churros though?” He asks while looking down to his list. “They’re kids, they don’t know what’s best for them. The answer is cupcakes. I won’t take no for an answer. I have tasted Churros and you haven’t, I didn’t like it and I have a good sense of taste.” I answer with my pleading tone.

“Very well then—“I’ll tell my assistant to make the order already. Thank you.” I quickly stand up and bow before rushing out of the office.

He took my suggestion.

I thought he wouldn’t.

Well he should, I’m Do Kyungsoo.

It would be bizarre if he didn’t.

Now, perhaps I could try to befriend her again.

 

 

_ _ _

 

It’s almost time.

I am here in the tech-operating office where I am currently leading everything that’s appearing on the wide screen for the seminar. I was the one who created them all out therefore I shall be the one to operate them.

They won’t understand my majestic PowerPoint presentations.

I know any minute by now, the delivery would come.

I only hope she doesn’t have workers or assistants to actually deliver it for her.

I would be doomed if I fail this one.

My sleep habit would worsen if I get this one wrong.

Just then, my busy mind was interrupted by my assistant’s voice. She stands up from her seat and was walking to the door. Did someone knock? I didn’t hear. I was too preoccupied. As she opens the door, she turned to me for a second. “Sir, Dewy Sweets. The cupcakes have arrived.” She speaks and opened the door wider before going out.

I want to fire her.

Why can’t she take it slower, didn’t even given me any warning or any chance to actually react.

I remain looking at the screens but from my peripheral view, I could see her familiar figure standing by the door. I couldn’t help but to accept the lump in my throat and gulp.

What is this.

It i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter