Infant

Mind Over Matter (Kyungsoo's POV)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Oh? What brings you here, penguin boy?”

With my defeated expression, I try to supress the urge to get mad. I need a favor from this woman, Shin Hana. Actually, like what I’ve been planning, I will soon present Iseul with a bake shop and there’s a few more touching to do in the shop before it reaches its completion, I would need her friends’ help. Of course, Soomi being busy with her own wedding preparation, I want to inform Hana first.

I am currently inside her office in the salon, I was lead by an assistant and there she is right now, on her chair while texting.

I do not like how she looks uninterested of my presence.

I am Do Kyungsoo. She does not know what she is taking for granted.

It’s my presence.

I sit down the stool by her office table and she was still all-eyes down her phone. “Don’t keep on texting, look at me. I will not talk unless you look at me.” I said. “Oh really? Thank God.” She tells and continues texting. My face hardened as I grip on my bag. “SHIN HANA.” I call seriously and she finally looks with her stifled smile. “Now you’re smiling?” I interrogate. “Don’t worry, it’s not because of you. See?” She shows her phone before hiding it in her drawer. “So what really brought you here?” She finally asks more properly.

“I need your help.” I said and to my surprise, she stood up and begins clapping her hands. “NOT IN MY WHOLE EXISTENCE DID I IMAGINE HEARING THAT FROM THE MIGHTY DO KYUNGSOO. WOW. Is this heaven’s Christmas present for me?” She tells and I just glare up to her. “You’re not taking this seriously.” I said and she flops down the chair again. “Okay fine. You would not ask help from me unless it involves your wife. So shoot it.” She tells and throws her legs up right on the table which made me flinch in disgust.

“You do not lift your leg—“You do not nag me in my office. Just shoot it or I’ll shoot you. In the count of three.” She tells and I clench my fists and close my eyes for a second. “Okay, fine. I am here to ask for your help because I recently got a bake shop for Iseul.” I said and I hear a gasp from her. I open my eyes to see her glad expression. It softened me up, I know that she knows how much this would mean to Iseul. I appreciate her reaction. “Are you ing with me??” She asks and slams her hand on the table, she was grinning hard.

“First of all, eaw. Second, no. Third, never. Fourth, I’d rather die.” I answer and she rolls her eyes in response. “I mean. . . Wow, does she have any idea?” She asks still with her wide smile. “Of course, she doesn’t. It’s a surprise. Now, the interior is technically done except for a few more touches which includes the furniture that will soon be delivered and also the menu. I can’t make the menu alone, you and Soomi need to help me. And actually, I would need another male. My only choice is Baekhyun but we’re not in good terms.” I explain thoroughly.

“Huh? Why aren’t you in good terms?” She asks and folds hers arms. “Well, scratch that, I would say it’s one-sided.” I correct myself. “Oh my god, one-sided love??” She asks. I close my eyes, my system’s starting to fume. “What I mean to say is that. . . we are not that close yet. So perhaps you and Soomi could help and come with me to talk to him about this.” I explain. I can’t be too mad at her right now, she might not help me.

“Actually, Soomi and I aren’t close to him at all. Iseul is. But good thing Iseul gave me his number the other time when we met. Maybe I could contact him.” She tells and takes her phone out. “Yes, please.” I said and she just nods. “Now.” I tell and she glances at her phone. “Yeah sure. He agreed.” She tells. “Huh? I mean, now. Text him now.” I insist. “yes, I already did. He agreed.” She answers. “I want to see you text him. You’re lying to me.” I said.

She then begins scribbling with her phone.

It looks fake.

It’s making me mad.

“Yah.” I snatch her phone and saw her conversation exchange with Baekhyun. “The hell!” She snatches it back while glaring at me. “You asked him out?” I ask. “N-no, you said you needed him? I texted him. I kind of. . . text fast.” She tells. “No, you already texted him didn’t you??” I ask with my growing smile. I know Baekhyun likes this woman, one thing I will never understand. It’s just that Shin Hana is just so unlikeable for me. Just for me.

“I said I texted him for you, alright?? Just go with that and shut your mouth or I will not agree with this. And also, do you know how wrong was it to just snatch my phone away like that?” She nags. “Tch. You already asked him before I asked you to ask him for help, right?” I ask. How many times did I say the word ask? See? I’m asking again. “It’s not like that. I just feel guilty that he might know that Iseul gave me his number and I am not informing him. It’s just a social thing. I’m not an anti-social like you.” She explains back while rolling her eyes.

“Alright.” I chuckle. “But you did try to hide the fact that you already asked him out huh?” I add earning another devilish glare from her. “Well anyway, since it’s all settled. I leave to you the job to gather both Soomi and Baekhyun at a place, so we could have a meeting. Just tell me the address. And of course, we need to keep this all from Iseul.” I tell and she gave me a simple nod. I stand up and bow lightly. “Thank you for your cooperation, I greatly appreciate it.” I formally gave my gratitude. “Sure, prof. Iseul would be so happy so I’m happy too.” She tells with a sincere smile.

So later on that day, after passing by Hana’s salon, I came to work.

But to be honest, my mind has been preoccupied by the thought of the bake shop. I want it to be the best bake shop in our area, Iseul deserves it.

So I’ve been making sure to be care

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter