Chapter 9

Tears of Happiness

Chapter 9

Gui was happy to be back home. She had missed her house so much. Once she was inside, she took out her walking stick and found her way to the dinning room, where her grandfather was waiting for her. She had purposely not eaten breakfast, so that she can enjoy it with her grandfather. She kissed her grandfather, before sitting down beside him. She hadn't told Aaron of her discharge time, since it was Monday, and he had an important meeting to attend for the committee in school.

She smiled as she took a big bite of her pancake. Her grandfather had called Principal Teo to let him know that Gui will be attending school late. After breakfast, she went to take a little nap. At around ten, Xiao Nan woke her up and told her to get ready for school. She did as she was told.

When was ready to go, Butler Yi took her to school. She got out of the car and asked Butler Yi to help her to her classroom. Principal Teo had already let her teacher know that she was going to be late, since she just got discharge.

After helping her to her seat, Butler Yi left. Gui went to class with Ya Tou and Xiao Jie. At lunch time, she was happy that she was going to be with Aaron, but he didn't show up. She didn't eat lunch, she just waited for him. They watched her painfully. When the bell rang, she went to class. Ya Tou followed her to class. When school was over, Gui insisted that they wait for Aaron at the gates, but Ya Tou told her to leave, since Butler Yi was there to pick her home. She refused to leave, making them wait for an hour more.

At around five, Butler Yi convinced her to leave. She was reluctant, but she knew that it was getting late. She agreed and got in the car, still carrying hope that he will show up. She looked out the window, even though she couldn't see, she was still waiting for him.

Aaron tried to avoid Gui as much as possible that day. When he arrived to school for the meeting, Xiao Xun had talked to him. She promised him that she will leave Gui alone with Aaron stayed away from her. He didn't want to hurt her, but he had to do whatever he can to keep Xiao Xun away, so he agree to stay away from Gui. It hurt him, but he knew that was the only way to stop Xiao Xun and Morning Glory.

He watched as Butler Yi drove Gui home. He was hurt seeing her refuse to leave. He knew that Ya Tou and Xiao Jie haven't told her yet, but she will eventually find out, sooner or later. He walked up slowly. He knew that it was a long way home, but he needed to the time to think. He wanted to numb himself from what he was doing to Gui. He knew that it was going to hurt her, but what Xiao Xun could do to her, scared him. When he got home, Ya Tou, Xiao Jie, Ah Wei and Xiao Man was waiting for him in his living room, along with Danson.

He knew what they wanted. He sat down and kept his gaze on the floor. He knew that they had told Danson. They all stared at him sadly. They knew that it was hard for him to do this, but they wanted to support him. They didn't want Xiao Xun to hurt Gui, but aren't they hurting her too?

"Di, don't be discouraged, we are going to support you," said Danson after a long, awkward silence. He looked up in surprised.

"Yea, Ya Lun, we are going to support you. We don't want Xiao Xun to be hurting her, so whatever your decision is we support you..." she trailed off. She wasn't sure if what they were doing was right, but she didn't want Gui to suffer.

"Aaron, I already talked to her grandfather. I asked him to talk to Gui, about getting her eyes fix," said Ah Wei, surprising everyone.

"What? When did you talk to him?" asked Xiao Man.

"Before I got here, I called him and asked him to talk to her. She really need to get her eyes fix, if not, then Xiao Xun will never leave her alone. I know that what we are doing is temporary, if she get her eyes fix, then we won't have to pretend anymore," he explained. They all nodded their head in agreement, all but Danson. He knew that what they are doing is for Gui, but won't she feel betrayed?

Questions filled his thoughts. He wasn't sure if what they were doing was right, but he went along with them anyways. He didn't want to hurt Gui, since she seemed like a great person, but he didn't know what to do.