Chapter 5

Tears of Happiness

Chapter 5

Ya Tou, Xiao Jie and Aaron had to get to school early, since it they were in the decorating committee, leaving Gui to go to school alone. She had asked Butler Yi to drop her off, since she didn't want to go alone. Xiao Xun and Morning Glory was waiting for Gui's arrival. They wanted to make her suffer.

Gui took out her walking stick and walked into the school. Xiao Xun grabbed her and put a bag over her head. She didn't know what was going on. Xiao Xun tied Gui's hands behind her and took her to a closet. With the help of Apple and Mei Mei, Xiao Xun threw Gui into the closet and locked her up. They laughed and walked away. Gui didn't know where she was.

"HELP! SOMEONE HELP ME!" she shouted. She didn't know what to do. She was able to untie her hands and got up from where she was sitting. She walked around the room trying to feel where she was, she came upon a rope. She didn't know what it was, so she pulled it, water came falling down. She was drenched.

"Oh, great, now I'm wet," she said to herself. She paced back and forth, trying to keep herself warm, but it was useless. She was now shivering cold. She didn't want to get sick again. She had just recovered.

Aaron was waiting for her at the gates. He knew that Butler Yi was going to drop her off, when he called her that morning. He waited until the bell rang. When he didn't see her, he went to class.

'Maybe Ya Tou and Xiao Jie had already met up with her,' he thought as he walked to his first class. Gui was stuck in the closet all day. She didn't know what time it was or where she was. All she know was that she was cold and trapped.

At lunch, Ya Tou and Xiao Jie ran to meet up with Aaron, Ah Wei and Xiao Man. They didn't know what had happened to Gui, but they needed to find her. They ran over to their meeting spot. Before lunch, Ya Tou had already text Ah Wei and Xiao Man, letting them know that Gui was not in school, as for Aaron, she hadn't told him yet.

Aaron was expecting to see Gui with Ya Tou and Xiao Jie, but he noticed that they didn't come with Gui. In fact, they looked worried. He didn't know what was going on. He watched as they ran up to them.

"Did you already contact Wu ye ye?" asked an out of breath Ya Tou.

"Yea, they said that she left for school this morning," answered Ah Wei. He didn't have a class before lunch, so Ya Tou had text him asking him to contact Gui's grandfather.

"Who took her to school?" asked Xiao Jie as she caught her breath.

"Butler Yi," said Aaron, "why?" Ah Wei, Ya Tou, Xiao Jie and Xiao Man, stared at him, with they eyes opened wide.

"You mean, you knew that she was at school?" asked Xiao Man.

"Well, I called her this morning and she told me to wait for her at the gate," said Aaron.

"And?"

"I did, but she wasn't there. So...I thought that one of you must of gotten to her before I did. When the bell rang, I went to class. Why? What's going on?" Ya Tou fell onto the ground. She couldn't believe it. Gui has gone missing. Tears starts to fall. Ah Wei bend down and hugged Ya Tou.

"It's okay, she'll be fine," Ah Wei said, as he tried to comfort her.

"Wait, what's going on? Where's Gui?" Aaron asked, he was getting impatient with them.

"She has gone missing," said Ya Tou through sobs.

"What?!" shouted Aaron.

"She never came to class this morning, so I text Ah Wei to call her house since he had a free period before lunch," said Ya Tou. Aaron dropped his bag and started running to the student services. He couldn't believe it. When he got the student services, it finally hit him.

"Xiao Xun!" he shouted. Instead of waiting in line, he went to look for Xiao Xun. He didn't know why she was acting like this, but it was getting on his nerves. They weren't going out, nor had they even dated. He knew that she had liked him since high school, but he couldn't care about her. He was just her friend. He only treated her as a sister.

Gui was in sitting in a corner, when the door finally opened. She got up and hugged whoever that opened the door for her. He was surprised to see that there was someone in the closet. He pulled her away, and saw her tear streaked face. He didn't know how she got locked in, but he could tell that she was cold. He took off his sweater and wrapped it around her.

"Are you okay?" he asked her. Gui didn't recognized the voice. She was certain that it was Aaron who had found her, but she was wrong. It wasn't Aaron that saved her, it was someone else. He noticed that disappointment had over washed her. "Are you okay? Do you need me to take to you the infirmary?"

"Um...who are you?" she asked.

"My name is Qiu Sheng Yi, but you can just call me Wang Zi," he said to her.

"I'm Wu Ying Jie, but everyone calls me Gui," she said.

"Gui? As in Ghost?"

"Yea."

"What were you doing in there?"

"I don't know. Someone just threw me in here."

"Someone? You don't know who it was?"

"No, I'm blind. So...I can't see."

"Oh. So, how long were you in the closet?"

"Since this morning."

"That long. It's lunch time already. Let me take you to the infirmary to get some dry clothes, then I'll help you to get some lunch." She nodded and he led her to the infirmary. After changing into some dry clothes, they went to get some lunch. Wang Zi had never met someone as pretty as she was. He was attracted to her, there was something about her that made him want to get to know her more.

When they entered the cafeteria, Xiao Xun saw Gui with Wang Zi, the second most popular guy on campus. She was jealous. She couldn't believe it. The guys that she was interested in, were with Gui. She watched as Wang Zi helped her get her lunch and led her to his table.

Wang Zi and Gui approached a table. Gui knew that here were people already sitting there, by listening to their conversation. Mao Di looked up and saw Wang Zi with Gui.

"Wang Zi, you are with...Wu Ying Jie!" he shouted, almost to loudly. Everyone in the cafeteria turned and stared at them. Some of the girls squealed, while others talked about Gui. Wang Zi shot Mao Di a look, and he apologized. Ah Ben, who knew Gui, looked up. He haven't seen Gui around campus. He was surprised to see her standing right in front of him. He stood up and walked to where Wang Zi and Gui were at.

"Gui! How have you been?" he asked. Gui immediately recognized that voice. It was her cousin Ah Ben.

"Ben Ben! I didn't know that you are attending Tai Ke University!" she said. Wang Zi, Mao Di and some of the other guys stared at Ah Ben and Gui. They were just as shock as one another. They didn't know that Ah Ben knew her. She was the most popular girl on campus.

"Yea, I'm attending this school," he said.

"Why haven't I see you around campus?" she asked. He helped to a chair next to his. Wang Zi also sat down next to Mao Di.

"Well, this is a big campus, Gui. And plus, you were always with Morning Glory, that's why you didn't even notice me," he .

"Hey, if I knew that you were in this school, I would of look for you," she said.

"It's okay, Gui. How's ye ye?" he asked her.

"He's doing fine," she said.

"How are you doing? I mean, with the death of your parents and all," he asked her with curiosity. He knew about their funeral. He wanted to attend their funeral, but he was afraid of seeing Gui. He didn't want to see the blind, sad Gui. He wanted to see the happy Gui, but he knew that she was blind, so he stayed away from her. He wasn't sure if he can talk to her at that time.

"I'm doing fine. It's been a year already," she said, "Ben Ben, why didn't you come? Your parents were there and your dad was in town before the funeral?"

He took a breath before answering her, "Gui Gui, I wanted to come trust me, but I didn't know how to face you. I mean, you were hurt. I wouldn't know what to say to you. I wanted to be there, but I couldn't face the fact that our Ghost, was blind and sad. I didn't want to see you cry. I didn't want to watch you go through the pain." Gui nodded as she listened to his explanation. She understood him.

After lunch, Ah Ben helped Gui to her math class. When Gui entered, Ya Tou and Xiao Jie looked up from their books. They were relieved to see her in class, but they had so many questions to ask her. Gui found her desk, with the help of Ah Ben. After helping Gui to her seat, he left.

"Gui, who was that?" asked Ya Tou. Gui was startled by Ya Tou's question.

"That was Ah Ben, my cousin," she said.

"Where were you?" asked Xiao Jie.

"I was locked in a closet. Wang Zi found me and helped me out," she said.

"Closet?!" shouted Ya Tou, as the teacher walked in.

"Okay, class, turn our books to page 112," said their teacher.

After class, Aaron met them at the gates. Gui explained to them what had happened. Aaron, on the other hand, already knew what happened. He had found Xiao Xun at lunch and asked her what she did with Gui. She wouldn't answer him, so he left. When he was walking back to where they were at, he saw Gui with Wang Zi at a closet. He had overheard Gui telling him that someone had locked her in the closet. Upon hearing this, he had to find Xiao Xun, but he couldn't find her until right before the bell. He had told her to keep away from Gui, or else.

They all walked Gui to her house, to prevent anything from happening to her again. They all wanted to protect her. They also knew who was behind this. Even though, they didn't tell Gui, they knew that this was all of Xiao Xun's plan. Anger was in the air. They all dropped Gui off and went home. They wanted to take revenge on Xiao Xun. Ya Tou, Xiao Man, and Xiao Jie went to Ya Tou's house to talk about this incident, whereas the guys just went home. Aaron knew that he could never forgive Xiao Xun for this.