Chapter 17

Tears of Happiness

Chapter 17

It has been a month since Gui left. Everyone around campus knows that Aaron is dating Hebe. They were shock to see that he had moved on fast. Every time Ya Tou see them together, she would get angry, but she knows that was what Gui wanted. She wanted them to be together. She took a deep breath and walked away from them. She didn't want to see them.

Gui was slowly adapting to New York. She was attending NYU, where she made new friends. She met Li Quan and Xiao Yu. Upon meeting them, she also met Chen Yi Han. She was slowly starting to forget about Aaron and her past. She was the top student at NYU.

One day as Gui was leaving her shift at Starbucks, she bumped into Xiao Xun. She was shocked to see her in New York. She smiled at her. Xiao Xun invited her for a drink with her. Gui followed Xiao Xun back into Starbucks. They sat opposite each other. There was a long awkward silence. No one said anything until their drinks arrived.

"Gui, what a brings you here?" Xiao Xun.

"Well, ye ye needed to come here for some business, so I decided to tag along with him," she answered Xiao Xun.

"I see. I couldn't believe it when Mei Mei told me that you left."

"Yea. So, umm...do you still love Aaron?"

"Aaron? No, not anymore. I'm getting married in three months. We are having our wedding in Taiwan, so if you are in town please come attend out wedding."

"Congrats."

"So, whose taking over your grandfather's company?"

"Ben Ben. He was chosen after he gave his speech. The board of governors loved his speech."

"Well, tell him that I said 'congrats'."

"Okay." Xiao Xun looked over Gui's shoulders and saw a man at the entrance, searching around. She waved to him. "Here comes my fiance." Gui turned around and saw a young man walking towards them. He gave Xiao Xun a kissed and sat next to her.

"Hello, my name is Xu Meng Zhe, but you can just call me Jason," he said.

"Hi, my name is Wu Ying Jie, Gui is fine," she said.

"Gui? It suites you will," he complimented her. After a few more minutes of talking to them, Gui left. Once she got home, she went straight to her room. Meeting Xiao Xun had made her missed Aaron. She never knew that she had missed him so much. She sighed and turn on her laptop. She read her emails and replied back to them.

After checking her email, she washed up for dinner. She had learned many things through her emails. She had learned that Danson and Xiao Jie are together and Aaron is spending every day with Hebe. After dinner she went back to her room. She took out her old cell phone and skimmed through the pictures of her and Aaron. Tears starts to fall. She wiped them away and closed her phone. She placed her phone back in her desk. She walked over to the window and stared at the sky.

School was out and Gui was going back to Taiwan for Xiao Xun's wedding. She knew that Aaron was going to be there and that Hebe had died, a month earlier. She had asked Li Quan to pose as her boyfriend in front of Aaron.

Ya Tou and the gang was waiting for Gui at the airport. They searched for her as everyone walked out of the terminal. They couldn't find her. Gui saw her friends searching for her. She knew that they wouldn't be able to recognized her, since she got braces and lost some weight. She smiled and walked towards them, with Li Quan, Xiao Yu and Ivy. She walked up behind Ya Tou and tapped her. Ya Tou screamed by the sudden tap. She turned around and saw a laughing Gui.

Gui was laughing as she pulled Ya Tou in for a hug, "wow, you really screamed. I had missed your screams."

"Hey, that's not funny," she said as she pulled away and gave Gui a playful smack on her forehead.

"Hey guys, don't recognize me?" she asked.

"What did you do yourself? You look so different," said Ya Tou.

"Not much, I just got braces and lost some weight," she said. Her friends came towards them and introduced themselves. After the introductions, they headed for Ah Ben's house. Ah Ben, Wang Zi and Mao Di was waiting for their arrival. Wang Zi and Mao Di was excited to see Gui, but they were also excited to see Xiao Yu. They were childhood friends, until Xiao Yu decided to leave for college.

Once they arrived, everyone started talking. They were at Ah Ben's house until half past midnight. Gui along with Li Quan and Ivy went to her house. She was glad to be back home. It's been awhile since she last step foot in her house. Li Quan slept in the guest room, while Ivy shared room with Gui. The girls were having so much fun talking that they didn't sleep until four.

They next day, they went shopping for Xiao Xun's wedding. At around five, they arrived at the wedding hall. Gui was nervous. She wasn't sure if she was going to see Aaron, but she was getting butterflies in her stomach. Li Quan saw her nervousness and walked towards her.

"Gui, don't be nervous. I'm here for you," he said. She calmed down a bit, but she was still nervous. During the ceremony, she didn't see Aaron. But she knew that she will see him at the reception and she was right. He was there talking to Uncle Huang. She was about to hide, when he caught sight of her. He was now leaving Uncle Huang and walking towards. She smiled at him as he got closer.

After a few awkward moment, Li Quan came to her rescue. He kissed her on the forehead and Gui coughed. He turned around and saw Aaron.

"Babe, where have you been?" he asked her, ignoring Aaron.

"Li Quan, this is my friend Yan Ya Lun," she said, ignoring his comment. After some brief introductions, Aaron walked away. It hurt her watching him like this. But she wanted to pull this off.

She left before anyone else. She was getting tired and she wanted to get away from Aaron. Once she was inside, she started to cry. She didn't know how long she was crying, when Li Quan and Ivy came home. They helped her up to her room. Li Quan went back to the guest room, leaving Ivy with Gui. They talked for four hours, before dozing off.

The next morning, Ivy noticed that Gui was no where to be found. She went downstairs to look for her, but she only found a note. She read it out loud to herself.

'Ive and Li Quan, I thought that I can do this, but I can't. I can't face him right now. I still love him dearly, and seeing him like this is bringing me down. Tell everyone that I took my grandfather's private jet home. I'll see you guys in a month's time. Have fun! -Gui-'

Ivy sighed and placed the note on the table. She went back upstairs and got dressed. She returned downstairs and called Xiao Yu to let him know. They all meet at a street vendor for breakfast.

Aaron was expecting to see Gui, but when Ah Ben came with a group of people, he didn't see Gui. Disappointment washed over his face. Ya Tou stared at him, and then at the group that was walking towards them. She, too, noticed that Gui wasn't with them. She whispered something to Xiao Jie's ear and she turned towards them.

"Hey," said Ya Tou casually. When their food arrived, Ya Tou asked for Gui. She found out that Gui had taken her grandfather's private jet home, because her grandfather had taken ill. A month went by fast. Wang Zi, Mao Di and Ah Ben took Xiao Yu, Li Quan and Ivy to the airport. They watched as they walked into the terminal before heading out of the airport.

Once they were home, they went to visit Gui. She had fallen ill since she came back, and was checked into a hospital. After leaving Gui's house, they went to the medical center. They walked into her room. She smiled when she saw them.

"Gui, what's wrong?" asked Ivy.

"Nothing, I was just having stomach problems," she said. After a few hours of talking, they left Gui. Two weeks later, she was discharged from the hospital.

Three years later, Aaron had become the GM for their father's company. Danson had taken his father's position. They were working side by side to expand the company. Gui had also returned to Taiwan and became the planning manager for Wu Industries. She was working side by side with Ah Ben, as president, and Chen Lin as the marketing team manager. Everyone respected them.

One day, Gui was attending a meeting with Ah Ben and Chen Lin. When she walked into the meeting room, she saw Danson and Aaron sitting there. She took a deep breath and sat opposite Aaron. He kept his gaze on her. He didn't know that she was going to be there. He took out his notice and didn't see her name. He looked carefully and saw that she had used her English name. He looked up at her again, never looking away, until the presentation had started.

Gui was the first to present her ideas. She was really strong in this area. She amazed the board of directors along with Aaron and Danson. They were shocked by her sudden expertise. They never knew that she was so good with these things. When Gui was done, she sat back down. The directors left and returned with a proposal. They had decided to go with Gui's idea and use her music for their commercial. Gui knew that for this project, she would have to work with Aaron.

When the meeting was over, Aaron grabbed her arm and led her to a nearby cafe. She sat opposite him. There was an awkward silence among them. Aaron just kept his gaze on Gui. He didn't know what he was going to do to her. She eyed him evenly. Without hesitation, he grabbed her arm again and left the cafe. They got inside his car and he drove off. She didn't know where they were going. He just kept driving, only stopping for gas.

When they finally arrived at his destination, she noticed that they weren't in Taipei anymore. They were somewhere in the countryside. He led her to a small cottage. She didn't know what he was going to do to her, but whatever he was doing, she trust that he wouldn't hurt her.