Chapter 22

Tears of Happiness

Chapter 22

"Okay, Gui is recovering quite well. I just found out that Tian Fu Zhu is dead and she is the reason why Gui has chose to forget about Aaron. I believe that if we bring Gui to her grave, maybe just maybe she will be able to remember. I'm not sure though. But if it doesn't work she might..." he said, trying to find the right words. He wasn't sure of what to say next. "...she might not be able to remember him for the rest of her life. What I want to know is, what role those Tian Fu Zhu play in her life?"

"Well, didn't you say that you met Aaron today. Well, why don't you email Danson and ask him," suggested Rong Jia.

"Okay, I will email him today," said Wei Lian.

Aaron went to work Monday morning. He had to attend a meeting at Wu Industry. He entered Gui's room, since that's where the meeting was being held at. He was the first one there, so he walked around the room. It was a cozy and clean office. He walked over to her desk and touched her name plate. He traced his fingers around her name.

'Wu Ying Jie, Planning Manager,' he read to himself. He was startled by the door. He turned around and saw Danson, Ah Ben and Chen Lin entering. Aaron went and took his place on the meeting desk. Ah Ben placed himself in the front of the desk, while Chen Lin and Danson sit opposite him.

"Okay, I called this meeting, because of Gui," Ah Ben began, "since we know that she is Keelung, recovering, we need to hire someone to take her place until she gets back. We can not keep going like this."

"I agree with you, we need to replace her with someone who is as good as she was. I mean, we can't just keep posting all of her projects. We need someone who can continue with her project," stated Danson.

"I also agree, but who can we hire?" asked Chen Lin. Aaron didn't say a word during the meeting. He didn't know what to say. He also agreed with them, but he wasn't sure if what they are doing is right. He wasn't sure if he was ready to work with someone else. He wasn't sure if he can forget about Gui. His heart aches for her.

Wei Lian, took Gui along with Selina and Rong Jia to Taipei. He wanted to show Gui Tian Fu Zhu's grave. He wasn't sure if he was going to work or not, but he believes that she was the one who was preventing Gui from remembering Aaron. Wei Lian was able to contact Danson and asked for Tian Fu Zhu's relationship with Gui and Aaron. He also asked for the address to her cemetery. When they arrived, Gui got some flashbacks of her time with Hebe.

Wei Lian led them to her grave. Gui saw her picture and started to remember everything that had to do with Hebe. Wei Lian kept his eyes on Gui. He noticed that she is crying and there's pain on her face. He wanted to comfort her, but he knew that she needs to face the person in front of her. Selina and Rong Jia watched as Gui the tombstone.

Tears fell. Gui touched the tombstone in front of her. She traced her fingers over the letters. Fragments of her best with Hebe came back, but there was no memories of Aaron. She remembered the reason why she had asked her for three months. She remembered her dreams and realized that it was a dream, but fragments of her past. She closed her eyes and saw her past flash before her. More tears fell.

They watched her as she traced her fingers around Hebe's name. Rong Jia stared a the picture that was imprinted onto the stone. She remembered her now. She was one of her patient. Tears starts to roll down her cheeks.

Aaron thought of visiting Hebe. It had been so long since he step foot in her grave. Actually, the only time he step foot in her grave was when she first died. Aaron was looking for a parking spot, while Gui was driving off. Their cars past and Gui saw him. She was sitting by the window and saw him in the driver seat. She called out to him, but there was no sound. At that moment, she collected all of her memories of him.

Aaron parked his car and walked out with some flowers. He knew that Hebe loved daisies. He was walking to her grave, when he noticed that there was a new set of bouquet on the name plate. He looked around. He didn't know who would of have placed them there. He sighed and put his bouquet down.

Gui had asked Wei Lian to stop the car and got out. She ran out and tried to chase Aaron. She called his name, but he didn't hear her. Selina, Rong Jia, and Wei Lian also out of the car and ran after Gui. Gui just kept on running until she came upon Hebe's grave. She took a deep breath and called out his name, but there was nothing coming out of . She tried again, but it seemed as if she couldn't talk.

Selina, Rong Jia and Wei Lian tried to catch up to her. Selina stopped and called out to Gui.

"Gui! Gui! What are you doing?!" Selina shouted. Aaron heard Gui's name and turned around. He saw Gui standing there. She was staring right into his eyes. He smiled, but he couldn't move. Selina, Rong Jia and Wei Lian came up behind her. Aaron saw and recognized Wei Lian.

"Gui?" he whispered. Gui smiled. She ran and hugged him tightly. He did not respond, until she pulled off. He grabbed her and kissed her. He had not been able to kissed her and hugged her for a really long time. Wei Lian smiled. His plan worked.

"Ya Lun, I love you," she whispered in his ear. Aaron's heart skipped a beat. He smiled and kissed her.

"I love you too," he said. Wei Lian walked towards them with a smile on his face. All of a sudden, Aaron lost grip of Gui. She started to drift away as if someone was taking her away from him. He reached out for her, but he couldn't reached her. He called her name. She gave him the saddest expression. She was drifting away farther and farther.

Gui watched as she drift farther and farther from Aaron. She tried calling him, but there was no sound. She heard him calling, but she couldn't respond. She saw Wei Lian standing in his place. She was the only one who was drifting away. She saw a panic look on his face. She saw his outstretched arm and she tried to grab it, but she couldn't. She was drifting away, until she lost sight of him.

Aaron fell to the ground as Gui disappears from him. He screams and yelled, but he was certain she couldn't hear him anymore. He wanted to hold her again. He stared at the empty space in front of him. Wei Lian, too, disappeared. Leaving Aaron in Hebe's grave alone.

Both Aaron and Gui woke up. It was all a dream. Everything was all a dream. Or was it? Aaron was certain that he felt her embrace, but was it only a dream? Gui felt the embrace of Aaron, but she wasn't sure if it was a dream or not.