Chapter 10

Tears of Happiness

Chapter 10

For the next three months, Gui waited for Aaron everyday. At lunch, she wouldn't eat until he was there, but he never came. She would wait until five, everyday by the gates, but Aaron was never there. It hurt Aaron everyday. He heard and saw what she was doing. Everyone wanted to stop this, but they couldn't. Since Aaron started hanging out with Xiao Xun, nothing had happened to Gui. There was no kidnapping.

Gui was walking to her last class, when she heard some girls talking about Aaron. She didn't want to eavesdrop, but she couldn't help it. They were talking about Aaron! She got closer, and listened to their conversation.

"Aaron is now dating Xiao Xun," said one of the girls.

"What? What happened to Ah Gui?" asked the other.

"I don't know, but he has been dating Xiao Xun for the last three months," said another.

"Poor Ah Gui! Gosh, I can't believe that Aaron would do that. He knows how much we hate Xiao Xun now that Ah Gui is no longer in Morning Glory, how can he do that to Ah Gui? I mean, she is still popular as ever and she's still the prettiest girl on campus," said the first girl. The conversation went on like that for the next three minutes. Tears rolled down her face. She couldn't believe it. Aaron had changed his heart. She was falling deeper in love with him, and she knew that he felt the same about her too, but why now?

Instead of going to class, she took out her walking stick and walked out of campus. She didn't want to stay anymore. She found her way home and pound on the door. Butler Yi opened and saw a crying Gui at the door. He helped her into the living room, where her grandfather was sitting.

Gui ran to her grandfather's side and buried her face in his chest. He let her cry. He didn't know what had happened, but he let her cry. He her hair. After an hour, she stopped crying and sat next to him. He smiled at her.

"Ah Gui, what's wrong?" he asked her.

"Ye ye, I have decided to fix my eyes," she said. He was taken aback. He wasn’t expecting her to change her mind.

“Ah Gui, if you don’t want to, you don’t have to,” he told her.

“No, ye ye, I want to. I want to fix my eyes. I know that you would want me to and everyone else. I…I want to do it, right away,” she said with a smile.

“Ah Gui, listen to ye ye, I’m not forcing you to fix it,” he said again.

“Ye ye, I want to,” she repeated herself.

“Are you sure?” he asked in seriousness.

“Yes, when can I leave? I want to leave as soon as possible,” she said.

"Okay, we can leave tomorrow, I will call Doctor Park to let him know that you are going to be there tomorrow afternoon," he said. He kissed her on the forehead, and asked Xiao Nan to bring Gui to her room. With that being said, he called Doctor Park and his personal pilot.

"Doctor Park, it's me, Mr. Wu Yan Xuan," he said.

"Ah, Mr. Wu, is your granddaughter coming in?" he asked.

"Yes, she will be in tomorrow, thank you for helping me with this," he said.

"No problem, you are my friend, what are friends for?" he said.

"Okay, so tomorrow afternoon, we will be in your office," he said. After hanging up with Doctor Park, he called Li Zi Ping , his personal pilot.

"Li Zi Ping, I need you to get my plane ready, we are going to Seoul first thing tomorrow morning, Ah Gui, finally came around and decided to get her eyes fix," he said happily. After his conversation with Li Zi Ping, he went to his room. He packed his things, and walked over to Gui's room. He opened the door, and saw that Xiao Nan was helping her pack her things.

He slowly closed the door behind him, as he went to his study room. He called GM Wu Chun, to let him know what he was leaving to Seoul with Gui first thing in the morning.

Gui went down for dinner after packing her things. She sat next to her grandfather and ate dinner, when the door bell rang. Xiao Nan came in with her friends. They sat opposite from Gui and her grandfather. Gui had text them and told them to have dinner with her. She smiled at everyone before telling them of her good news.

"Ye ye, can I tell them of my news?" she asked.

"Go head, Ah Gui. They are your friends and they need to know," he said.

"Everyone, tomorrow I will not be going to school. I'm going to Seoul to get an eye transplant. I have decided to get them fix. Also, I don't know when I will be back. I already called Principal Teo to let him know," she said with a smile on her face.

The next day, her friends, with the exception of Aaron, came to watch her leave for Seoul. Tears rolled down their cheeks, as they watch Gui board the plane. She waved to them. When the plane was out of sight, they left Gui's private runway. Ah Wei drove them to school, no one said anything. They didn't know how they were going to tell Aaron. Thoughts ran wild. Emotions tensed the air.

They got to school, and saw Aaron by the gates talking to Morning Glory. Aaron watched them as they walked in. He didn't see Gui. A sad look wash over him. They just ignored him and kept on walking, they knew why she left. They were mad at him, but they couldn't blame him either. Ya Tou stopped in her tracks and turned the other way. She couldn't help it. She needed to tell him. She walked over to Morning Glory, as the other just watched her in awe.

"Excuse me, can I borrow Ya Lun for a minute?" she asked. Xiao Xun turned around and stared at Ya Tou.

"Ya Lun? Whose Ya Lun?" asked Apple. Ya Tou rolled her eyes.

"Ya Lun is Aaron. And yes, you can borrow him for a minute, but you most not take him away from my sight," warned Xiao Xun, as she gave Aaron a kiss on the cheek. Aaron followed Ya Tou, to where the others were standing. Xiao Xun kept her gaze on him.

"What do you want?" asked Aaron.

"Ya Lun, I know that you are probably wondering where Gui is," she said.

"I was?" he asked. Ya Tou rolled her eyes at him.

"Okay, so if you weren't wondering where she was then, why did you give us a sad face when we walked in?" she asked.

"Okay, okay. I was wondering. So, where is she?" he asked.

"Before I tell you, you have to promise me that you will leave Xiao Xun?" she said. She stuck out her pinky. He hesitated, then stuck out his and intertwined with hers.

"I promise," he said, "so where did she go?"

"She left for Seoul this morning. She is getting a transplant," she told him. He was surprised to hear this news. He wasn't expecting her to do it so soon.

"Why didn't she tell me?" he asked.

"I was wondering the same thing. I mean, she doesn't know about you and Xiao Xun, does she?" she asked, then it finally hit her. "OMG! She does know about you and Xiao Xun. But...who told her? I mean, yesterday when she called us for dinner, she didn't even mention your name. She didn't have SAY your name. I wonder who had told her." Xiao Jie listened to her conversation, when it finally came to mind.

"No one told her, she overhead the conversation," said Xiao Jie. Everyone was staring at her. They were speechless.

"What do you mean?" asked Aaron.

"Well, I'm not so sure, but I think she overheard the conversation. The other day, I was walking to class when I saw her. She was hiding from a group of girls who were talking about Xiao Xun and Aaron," she said to them, "if I overheard their conversation, then that means she also overheard it." They digested the new information.

Gui was nervous. Butterflies were dancing in her stomach. She sat next to her grandfather. She gripped his hand as the plane landed. She took a deep breath, before getting off the plane. Doctor Park had sent some men to fetch them at the airport. They drove to Seoul hospital.

When the entered, Doctor Park took Gui to the examination room and ran some tests on her. After the tests, they left the hosptial and went to their hotel. When they arrived at their hotel, Xiao Nan and Gui were staying together, so that she can help her. Old Master Wu had a room to himself. When they were done unpacking their things, the Wu family went shopping and touring around Seoul, Korea.