Chapter 18

Tears of Happiness

Chapter 18

Aaron walked to the bathroom, leaving Gui alone in the living room. She was scared, but she trusted him. She trust that he wouldn't hurt her. She took our her phone and tried to call someone, but there was no signal. She knew that no one knew where she was at. She started to panic. She kept her gaze to the door. She wanted to run, but where? She didn't even know where she was.

She decided to get up and walked outside. She was standing in front of a playground. She walked to the swings and sat on one of them. Thoughts were running wild. She knew that Aaron had his urges, but what will he do to her. She didn't even what to think that he would do something bad to her. She wished and prayed that he wouldn't do anything bad.

Aaron walked out of the bathroom and noticed that Gui was gone. He saw her phone on the sofa. He picked it up and noticed that she didn't have any signal. He looked around the leaving room, then walked to the front door. He shut the door behind him and searched the area for her, not knowing that she was out in the back. Two hours later, he returned. He had called Danson to let him know that he was with Gui at their childhood cottage, and that she had gone missing.

Once inside, he remembered that he had forgotten to check the backyard. He immediately walked to the back door and saw Gui swinging on a swing. He smiled to himself and walked towards her. She looked up and saw him. As he got closer, he noticed that she had been crying. He wiped her tears away from her tear streaked face and kissed her forehead. He had so many questions to ask her. He stared at her beautiful face and he closed his eyes. He traced his fingers around her face, feeling every inch of her. She gave him a confused look.

When he was done, he opened his eyes and saw that she was confused. He smiled and kissed her again.

"Gui, I want to engrave your face in here," he said, as he grabbed her hand and placed it to his heart. She smiled at him. She had missed his touch. She leaned in and kissed him. She wanted to take the initiative. He was surprised when she had kissed him. He returned her kiss.

"Aaron, why did you bring me here?" she said, as she broke off the kiss.

"I wanted to talk to you, alone. Ying Jie, I'm not going to do anything bad to you. I just wanted to talk," he said. She trusted him. He grabbed her hand and led her inside. He sat down at the dinning table and motioned for her to sit opposite him. She obeyed his orders. He looked straight into her eyes.

"Hey," he said.

"So," said Gui.

"So..." he said. He didn't know why, but he was lost for words. Just staring at Gui, made him happy, but he didn't know how to start. He got up and walked into the kitchen. He came back with two cups of juice. He handed one to Gui and sat back down. "Wu Ying Jie, why did you leave me three years ago?"

Gui hesitated. She wasn't expecting this from him. "Yan Ya Lun, I--I'm sorry."

"Ying Jie, I'm not asking for a sorry, I just want to know why," he said, anger starts to arise inside of him.

"Ya Lun, I know that I've hurt you. I left because Hebe-"

"Hebe asked you too, didn't she?" he said, cutting her off. She nodded. "Ying Jie, why did you follow her instructions?"

"Aaron, I love you, but she needed you. I didn't know what to do and I don't know why. But, a part of me told me to do that. Aaron, look, I know everything about you and Hebe. Your past, her past, everything. Why she left and why she returned. How you felt about her and your broken heart," she said, "I don't know. Maybe I feel sad for her. Maybe I pity her. Maybe just maybe, I understand and know how she feels about leaving you. Aaron, what would you do if you find that you were dying? Would you leave me? Would you try to make me run away from you?"

"What are you trying to say?"

"Aaron, I asked myself those questions. If I was in Hebe's situation at that time. If I found out I was going to dye. I would leave you. I would do whatever I can to get rid of you. It doesn't matter about love. It only matter about you. Aaron, I put myself in her shoes, I felt her pain. I understand why she left. She still loves you very much. She didn't want to leave, but she had too. She had no choice. She needed to leave you. She needed to make you sad. Did you know that it hurt her more than you?"

"No, I didn't. But, Gui, she didn't leave me because of her disease. I saw her, she picked the other guy. She got in this car. She was with him."

"Aaron, I know that chose him. He was the only one who could help her. He was her doctor. Even though he was young, he was her doctor. She needed him to cure her, but it was no use. Aaron you were in the wrong."

"Gui, did she tell you this?"

"No, her doctor did. I met him when I was in New York. I bumped into him and he had her profile with him. I asked him and he told me everything. Hebe only asked me to give you guys three months. I can have you after three months. Did you know that their estimation was off by a month. She was supposed to live for another month, but they were wrong when they told her. She had to find out on her own. To be exact, when she got her. He was looking for. He needed her to be under his care. Did you know that she ran away from the hospital, just so that she can see you before she died?"

"Gui...what are you trying to say?"

"If I was her, I wouldn't be able to come back. I wouldn't be able to face you. Aaron, I still can't face you. I know that I've hurt you. I've left without saying a word."

"Gui, have you ever dated anyone when you were gone? Is he really your boyfriend?"

"Aaron, he is my boyfriend. I never asked you to wait for me. Please, Aaron, please pursue whoever you want." Gui got up and walked out of the house. Aaron watched as she shut the door behind her. She walked to the nearest bus station. She didn't know where she was, but she wanted to get back to Taipei. When they bus arrived, she had asked the bus driver, if he can take her back to Taipei.

She walked to the middle of the bus and sat down. Tears starts to fall. She didn't mean to hurt him. She never wanted to hurt him, but she had no choice. She still love him dearly, but she wanted him to forget her.

Flashback of when she was in the hospital the day after Xiao Xun's wedding came to mind.

(flashback)

"Ms. Ying Jie, your eyes are starting to fail on you. I know that you've gotten a transplant done, but their is a virus that is eating up the retina in your eyes. Sooner or later, those glasses will be in no help. I understand that you have strengthen your prescriptions. Ying Jie, if you want, you can go through another transplant."

"Doctor, it's okay. I don't need another transplant. When my eyes stops working on me, I will just live the rest of my life blind, just like before."

"Ying Jie, are you sure? I want you to have some time to think about it."

"I'm sure. Don't put on the list. I don't want another transplant. I really don't mind. I miss being blind anyways."

(end)

More tears starts to fall. She really wanted to be with him, but she doesn't know how long her eyes was going to last. She knew that he will be there for her, just like before, but she didn't want to be a burden for him. She wanted him to be happy. She wanted him to live the rest of his life normally. The bus driver called out to Gui and told her to get off. She looked around the familiar places. She was now back in Taipei. She walked home in the rain. It just started raining once she got off the bus.

When she got home, Ah Ben and Chen Lin was waiting for her. They couldn't contact her and didn't know where she went with Aaron. Once she entered the house, she fainted. Ah Ben ran to her and caught her before she hit the floor. Chen Lin and Wu ye ye ran to her side and followed Ah Ben to her room. Everyone left, leaving Xiao Nan to give her some dry clothes. When she was done changing Gui, she came out and they entered her room.

Ah Ben and Wu ye ye stood by the window, while Chen Lin and Xiao Nan sat beside Gui. She had a fever and they watched her sleep. Her breathing was normal. At around midnight, Chen Lin had fallen asleep by her side. Ah Ben and Wu ye ye had already left Gui's room. The next morning, Gui didn't wake up. She was burning hot and sweating. Xiao Nan had called a doctor for her. She was rushed to the hosptial. They were afraid that something bad might happened to her.

They gave Gui four IVs but she was still unconscious. They waited patiently for her to wake up. Ah Ben and Chen Lin left for work. They had a meeting to run. Danson and Aaron was in a meeting room in Wu Industry. They waited patiently, since they were warned of Ah Ben and Chen Lin's tardiness due to some family matters. Aaron watched as Ah Ben and Chen Lin walked in. He didn't see Gui. Ah Ben saw Aaron's concern look. He sighed and made an announcement.

"Okay, I'm sorry, but for today's meeting, we will have to postponed Ms. Ying Jie's proposal for another time. She had fallen ill and can not make it to today's meeting. So, will start with last night's signing and from there on," he announcement. Everyone nodded in agreement. Aaron couldn't concentrate on the meeting. His mind was filled with countless thoughts of Gui. He blamed himself for causing her to get sick. Ah Ben noticed that Aaron was somewhere else, but he didn't want to say a word, until the meeting was over. He wanted to know what happened between him and Gui. They knew that she was with him, but they had no idea where they went.