Chapter 3

Tears of Happiness

Chapter 3

Aaron started to hang around Gui everyday. Ya Tou and Xiao Jie was shock to have Aaron around. They didn't want Gui to be in any kind of trouble. They knew that Aaron was the hottest guy on campus and that every girl wanted to be with him. They didn't know why he wanted to hang out around Gui, but they had a bad feeling about this. They didn't want Gui to be hurt, but just as they expected, she was getting hurt, and it was from someone they knew fairly well.

Gui was eating lunch with Aaron, Ya Tou and Xiao Jie, when Xiao Xun and Morning Glory walked up to them. She was getting jealous of Gui. She couldn't understand why Aaron would want to hang out with a blind girl. Ya Tou stopped eating. She knew that Gui was in trouble. She was afraid of this. She looked at Xiao Jie, who also had stopped eating. They both new what was coming up next.

"Gui~" said Xiao Xun with a baby voice. Gui stopped eating. She wasn't expecting Xiao Xun to talk to her. She smiled. She knew where Xiao Xun was standing. For the past year or so, she had learned to use her sense of hearing to determined where someone was standing.

"Yes?" she asked with a smile. Ya Tou couldn't understand why Gui was smiling, but she was sensing that something was going to happen. Something bad.

"What are you doing with my Aaron?" she asked. Aaron shot her a look. He wasn't her Aaron. They had never even dated before. He knew where she was going with this. He knew that he needed to protect Gui. He was not going to let her get hurt by Xiao Xun.

"Pardon me?" Gui asked confused. Apple snorted.

"Gui, stop playing dumb with us. Everyone knows that Aaron belongs to Xiao Xun only," she said laughing. Ya Tou shook her head in disbelief.

"Oh," was all Gui could say. She had never felt anything like this before. Her heart was racing and she feeling a little hot. She knew that she had liked him, but she wasn't even sure about her feelings.

'Am I jealous?' she said to herself. She couldn't be feeling jealous, could she. She faced Aaron, even though she couldn't see his reaction, she could feel that he wasn't very happy about this.

"Gui~" said Mei Mei, "you don't have to put on a pretense."

"I'm sorry," she said. She got up and grabbed her things from the ground. "Um...I didn't know that Aaron was dating Xiao Xun. If I did, I would chase him away. Xiao Xun, I'm really sorry." Gui turned the opposite way and starting running. She didn't know where she was going, but she wanted to get away from the embarrassment. Ya Tou got up and grabbed her things. She gave Xiao Xun an evil look, then chased Gui.

Xiao Jie got up from where she was sitting and slapped Xiao Xun. She had always wanted to slap her. "Everybody knows that you can't get Aaron, even if you try!" She ran after Ya Tou, leaving them behind. Xiao Man watched from behind everyone. She had missed Gui, Ya Tou and Xiao Jie. She wanted them back, but she couldn't do anything. Anger starts to boil inside of her. She pushed through Da Ya and Apple and ran after them.

"Xiao Man! What are you doing?!" shouted Xiao Xun.

Xiao Man came to a halt and turned around. She was getting tired of Xiao Xun and Morning Glory. She wanted real friends, like Gui, Ya Tou and Xiao Jie, where she didn't have to pretend to be someone else. "I'm leaving this stupid group. Xiao Xun-," she said as she closed the gap between them, "-do you even know why people respected us? Do you even know why were are popular?"

"Of course, they respect us because we are the richest girls on campus," answered Da Ya. Xiao Xun nodded in agreement with Da Ya. Xiao Man shot Da Ya a look.

"I wasn't talking to you Da Ya, I was talking to Xiao Xun," she said angrily.

"Like Da Ya said, they respect us because we are rich," she said.

"Psh, like that's even the reason why! they RESPECT us because of GUI! Even though she is no longer part of Morning Glory, they still respect her. Even though she's blind, they still loved her. Xiao Xun, haven't you notice, ever since Gui left, there are no guys around us. There are no letters on YOUR desk! Are you freakin blind?! I saw through everything. You may think that I don't talk and I just go with the flow, but you are so WRONG! I stand behind you guys, observing you guys. I noticed that since Gui had left, there's NOTHING LEFT!" she shouted before turning the other way and chasing them. She didn't know where they went, but she wanted to find Gui. She wanted to apologize to her. She wanted Gui to forgive her.

She was running, until she saw Ya Tou and Xiao Jie sitting on a bench. She approached them. They looked up and saw her. They didn't why she was there, but they wasn't in the mood to see her. As she got closer to them, they got up and starting walking.

Xiao Man took a deep breath, then grabbed Ya Tou's arm. She turned around and was facing Xiao Man. "What do you want?" she said. Xiao Man just stared at them. She didn't know what to say.

"Look, I know that you two probably hate me," she said, "but, I just wanted to apologize to you guys. I'm not apologizing for them, but for me. I know that you two are Gui's best friends, but I also adore her too. I'm actually envious of her. I mean, she's got you two, when I have to follow Morning Glory around. I don't belong with them. When Gui was still in that group, I didn't have to put on a pretense. I was who I want to be." Ya Tou and Xiao Jie listened to her. Xiao Man didn't know if they would forgive her, but she wanted to try.

Xiao Jie pulled Ya Tou to the side, so that they can talk privately.

"Ya Tou, I think that Xiao Man is being sincere. I mean, she was really nice to Gui and us. So, what do you think?" she asked Ya Tou.

"Honestly, I was thinking the same thing. I mean, she did treat us the same as we treated her. And she would always stand up for Gui, but...the day that Xiao Xun kicked her out, she didn't say anything..." Ya Tou said. Xiao Jie stood there in silence. She didn't know what to say. Ya Tou was right, but she had a feeling that Xiao Man wanted to be their friends.

"So...?" asked Xiao Jie.

"Let's forgive her and have her help us look for Gui," Ya Tou finally said. Xiao Jie nodded her head and they walked back to Xiao Man. After telling her of their conclusion, all three of them went to look for Gui.

Aaron left Morning Glory and went to look for Gui. He needed to explain to her that he had fallen for her, since the day he saw her at the street vendor. He wanted to let her know that the times he spent with her, had changed him. She was the only one who was able to make him fall in love. She was the only one he wanted to be with. He didn't know where they went, but he wanted to find her. He wanted to be the first one to find her. He knew that they hadn't found her, since he saw them standing around.

Gui ran until she was running out of breath. She didn't know where she was. She couldn't tell. She just kept on running and now she was lost. She walked to a wall. She needed to touch it, so that she can determine where she was. Everything that Morning Glory had told her kept replaying in her mind. Had she really fall for Aaron after a few months of knowing him? She didn't know, but she had never felt this way before.

She stood against a wall. When the bell rang for class, she didn't budge. She didn't want to go to class. A few minutes after the bell, she took out her walking stick and started searching for the gate. She wasn't in the mood to go to class. She wanted to get out of school and go for a walk. It took her thirty minutes to find the gates. Once she had found the gates, she opened it and left outside. She didn't know where she was going, but she was willing to go anywhere.

Aaron had saw her walk out of the gates. He followed her. He took out his phone and text Ya Tou and Xiao Jie. He kept his eyes on her. He didn't know what she was thinking, but he didn't want lose sight of her.

Ya Tou took out her buzzing phone. She didn't know who had text her, but she didn't want to get caught either. She pressed the button and it stopped buzzing. She checked her text and was surprise when it was from Aaron. She looked around the class, to make sure no one was watching her and she read the message.

text:
Ya Tou, I found Gui. She didn't go to class, she walked out of the school. I'm following her now. Talk to you later.
-Aaron-

Ya Tou gasped. She couldn't believe it. Gui had left the school. She text Xiao Jie of the news. She was worried about Gui. She waited for Xiao Jie to text back. After a few minutes, she got a text from Xiao Jie. She read it and replied back. Apparently, Aaron had also text Xiao Jie. She closed her phone, when she thought of Xiao Man. She flipped her phone open and text Xiao Man of the news.

Aaron followed Gui, until she walked into a cafe. Aaron looked up and read the name, Lovely Complex, he opened the door and entered. He wondered around the room, until he saw Gui. She was now sitting on a table near the back window. He went and sat at a table next to her. He wanted to watch her. A waitress came to her and she made her order. Aaron watched her amazed by her. A few minutes later, a waitress came and waited him. He didn't order anything.

Gui waited for her drink. She didn't know why, but this is the only place that brings peace. She was always happy when she's in there. Her grandfather always takes her here. She smiled as she took a sipped of her latte. Aaron watched her. He didn't know why but he felt himself smiling. The same waitress that waited Gui came up to him.

"Do you know Gui?" she asked. Aaron looked up surprised.

"Yea, she is a classmate from school," he answered her.

"Do you want anything?"

"No, I just want to watch her."

"Did you know that her grandfather brings her here everyday and she would always sit there?"

"No," he said surprised. With Gui, he knew that there will be more surprises. That's what he liked about her. She always brings surprises and he was always learning something new about her. The waitress that waited Gui left his table. He smiled as he watched her. After a few hours, Gui left. Aaron followed her.

Gui walked to a bus stop and sat on a bench. Aaron walked up and stood over her. He didn't want her to take the bus, so he grabbed her hand. She was caught off guard when someone grabbed her. She didn't know who, but she wasn't going to let him take advantage of her. She picked up her stick and smacked him. Everything happened so fast, that he couldn't stop her from hitting him.

"Ow!" he screamed. He let go of her hand and she recognized that voice. She got up and closed the gap between them.

"Are you okay?" she asked. Aaron smiled.

"Yea, I'm okay. Gui, let me take you home. I don't trust you taking the bus," he said to her.

"How long have you been following me?"

"Since you left the campus."

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"I wanted to know where you were going. Gui, please let me take you home."

Gui thought about it. She didn't know what time it was and how dark it was. She also wasn't confident in herself. She had never taken the bus home alone. She sighed and allowed him to take her home. He took her hand and led her back to school. Ya Tou and Xiao Jie was waiting for them by the gate. Aaron had text them to let them know that he was bringing her back to school. Xiao Man was finally out of class and walked to them. She noticed that Gui was still not with them. She waited with them.

A few minutes later, Aaron and Gui entered the school premises. Ya Tou and Xiao Jie ran and hugged Gui. She smiled and hugged them back. Xiao Man, however, walked away. She didn't want to disturb them. Ya Tou turned around and noticed that Xiao Man wasn't there.

"Huh? Where is she?" she asked Xiao Jie.

"Where's who?" asked Gui.

"Xiao Man, she wanted to make up with us," said Xiao Jie. Gui nodded.

"She left," said Aaron.

"She left?" asked Ya Tou and Xiao Jie in unison.

"Yea," he answered them, "anyways, let's get going. Wu Ye ye might be worried about Gui. We need to bring her home."

They walked to Aaron's car and he drove them home. When Gui got home, she went to her room, and changed her clothes then went down for dinner. After dinner, she went back to her room, took a shower, and went to sleep.