Chapter 13

Tears of Happiness

Chapter 13

After lunch, Gui went to her last class of the day. Everyone cheered when she entered the room. She smiled and waved to them. She walked to her seat and sat down. She knew that everyone on campus knew about her transplant. She looked out the window and closed her eyes. When the teacher walked in, she opened her eyes. She saw that there was a new student.

“Okay, class, this is the new transfer student,” she said.

“Hello, my name is Tian Fu Zhen, but you can all just call me Hebe. I just transfer from Harvard in the States,” she said.

“Okay, umm…you can sit next to Wu Ying Jie,” said the teacher. Gui raised her hand, so that the girl will know where to sit. She went and sat next to Gui. She recognized her right away.

‘So, she is Aaron’s girlfriend?’ she said to herself. ‘She is so pretty. No wonder Aaron chose her, but I’m going to get him back. I need him. I’m sorry, Wu Ying Jie, I’m going to take Aaron back, before I leave.’ Gui was busily taking notes that she didn’t even notice Hebe staring at her.

When class was over, Gui waited for Ya Tou outside of her room, like she did when she was blind. Ya Tou met up with her and they walked to the library together. Hebe watched Gui leave the room. She didn’t know if she can take Aaron away from such a cute girl, but she knew that she only need him for three months. Her mission was to take him back with her. She sighed and went to her next class.

Hebe wanted to see Aaron, but she knew that he was with his girlfriend. Hebe was walking to the gates when she caught sight of Gui. She smile and called her name. Gui turned around and saw someone waving to her. She waved back and smile at her. Hebe walked over to where Gui was standing at.

“Hi, Jing Jie,” she said.

“Hebe, you can just call me Gui,” she told her, as she introduced Hebe to her friends. They all waited for Aaron together. Aaron was walking to them when he saw Hebe. He was shock to see her. He froze in his tracks and turned the other way. He didn’t want to see Hebe. He didn’t know that she was back. Flashbacks of the past came back to him. He tried to brush them off. He didn’t know why she was back, but it didn’t matter, since he didn’t know why she left. He left them at the gates, and took out his phone. He text Gui, not wanting to see Hebe.

Gui’s phone beeped and she took it out of her pockets. She saw the text and read it: ‘Gui, I’m busy, so I’ll see you tomorrow, don’t wait for me. -Aaron- After reading the text, she put her phone back in her pockets.

“Well, Aaron said that he’s busy, so I guess we can just leave without him,” she told them. They walked to Gui’s car. When they got to Gui’s car, Ya Tou decided to have a celebration for Gui’s vision.

“Hey, why don’t we go out and eat as a celebration?” she asked. Everyone cheered.

“Okay, since we are going out to eat, where do you want to go?” asked Gui.

“Um…let’s go to the sushi bar,” said Ya Tou. They all agreed with her and got into their cars and drove to the sushi bar. They were having a great time, until Gui’s phone started to ring. She got up and went outside to talk, since it was noisy inside.

“Hello?” she asked.

“Ah Gui, where are you?” asked the person through the other side.

“Ye ye, I’m out with my friends,” she said.

“Ah Gui, can you come home right now?” he asked.

“Um…sure,” she said. She hung up and went back inside. “Sorry, but my grandfather wants me home.” She picked up her bags and waved to them. She walked to her car and drove off. Once she entered the house, Xiao Nan led her to the dinning room, where her grandfather was eating dinner. Gui walked up to him and kissed him on the cheeks, before sitting down.

“Ah Gui, I want you to go to Xiao Xun’s house and help her mother pack their things,” he said. She stared at him, shock.

“Ye ye, why do I have to go to Xiao Xun’s house?” she asked, still processing the information.

“Xiao Xun had left for the states already and there is no one to help her mother,” he said.

“What? I saw her today at school,” she said.

“Well, she did go to school, but she just left a few hours ago. Her mother is waiting for you to help her, so…I would like to you go over there now and help her,” he said. Gui nodded and left the dinning room. She walked up to her room and put her things on her bed. After changing, she went to Xiao Xun’s house.

She entered into a big mansion and parked her car. She walked to the door and knocked. Huang Ma opened the door and let her in. When she walked in, she noticed that it was empty. There were no servants or maids, no pictures, nothing. It was just a big, empty house. She followed Huang Ma into the kitchen, where she saw some boxes.

“Ah Gui, this is going to be your last day at the Huang family’s house,” she said sadly. Gui watched as she placed some plates into a box.

“Huang Ma, why are you guys leaving?” she asked, placing some bowls into an empty box.

“Because… Huang Pa has to change job again. I thought that we will stay here for a really long time, but I guess I was wrong. This time, we are moving to the States. Didn’t Xiao Xun tell you?” she asked.

“Xiao Xun? She didn’t say anything to me. Huang Ma, I don’t know if Xiao Xun told you this, but I went blind,” she said.

“Yes, I heard. So, Xiao Xun didn’t say anything to you?” she asked.

“No, Huang Ma, I’m sorry for not visiting you,” she said, as she taped the box that Huang Ma was working on.

“It’s okay. I heard that you were blind and sick, so I don’t mind. How are you feeling?” she asked.

“I’m doing fine now,” she said. They spent the whole evening packing up. Half past twelve, they were finally done packing. Gui left, leaving Huang Ma by herself. She sighed as she closed the door behind her. She couldn’t believe that Xiao Xun was leaving and didn’t say anything to her. When she got to her car, she took out the gift that Huang Ma had given her. She unwrap it and took it out of the box. She opened the box and gasped at what was in front of her eyes. It was a crystal stone necklace, a Huang heirloom. She turned back and looks at the house, once more, before getting in her car a driving off.

When she got home, she went straight to her room. She took out the necklace that was given to her and place it around her neck. She was going to wear to remind her of Huang Ma. She had loved Huang Ma, just like a mother. When her parents died, Huang Ma was there for her. Gui sighed, before getting on her bed and dozing off to sleep.