Chapter 20

Tears of Happiness

Chapter 20

They stayed like that for another couple of minutes. Old Mister Wu turned his gaze to Aaron, who was still staring at the ground.

"Ya Lun, I called you here, not to interrogate you. I only want to ask you a question," he started.

"What would you like to ask me?" he said, looking straight ahead, not once glancing at Old Mister Wu.

"Gui is my granddaughter. Her parents had left her and she has gone through a lot. I know that she loves you dearly, but do you love her as much as she loves you?" he asked, facing Aaron. Aaron turned his head and faced Old Mister Wu.

"I love her more than anything. I'm willing to sacrifice everything for her. She is my life, my everything. Without her, there's no one else who can move my heart," he said.

"I'm glad to here that, but what if she's blind for life? What if she refuses to get another transplant? Would you still love her?" he asked.

"Wu ye ye, I would still love her even if she's crippled, blind or mute. It doesn't matter what state she's in, I will forever cherish and love her. She is my life. She was the only person who was able to move my heart. She makes my heart skip a beat. I don't think that I can live without her. I need to her complete me. She's the only one who was able to change my heart. She taught me many things. She was the one who let me understand life," he said.

"Ya Lun, do you understand her situation?" he asked.

"Wu ye ye, I do understand her situation. But, why did she leave me before?" he asked.

"Ya Lun, it wasn't because she didn't love you. She loved you so much that she is willing to give Tian Fu Zhu a chance. Even if it's for three months, she is willing to give her a chance. She is different from other girls. She will do anything for her friends, for those she loves and care about," he said.

"Then, why is she leaving me now?" he asked.

"Ya Lun, she is not leaving you. She wants you to be happy. She doesn't want to hurt you, but she has to. I feel that she wants you to be happy and not have so much burden on your shoulders. Remember when she was first blind?" he asked.

"Yea, she went through a lot," he said.

"She did. That's why she decides to leave you. She doesn't want you to go through the same thing as before. She knows and understands that she will be blind for life. Can you handle her situation? She will be going through depression and mood swings. She will be in denial and even hurt herself. Can you handle that?" he asked.

"I can. I can handle anything, as long as she's with me, I'm willing to sacrifice for her," he said.

"Did you tell her that? Did you let her know?" he asked.

"I wanted to. I tried, but she wouldn't listen to me," he said.

"Then try again. Keep on trying. I believe that if you keep on trying, she will understand you," he said. He got up and walked away from Aaron. When he was a foot away, he turned around, "Ya Lun, I'm leaving Gui to you. You have to love and cherish her." With that saying, he went back inside. Aaron stayed where he was. He watched as the kids played in the horizon. He looked up to the sky. Tears fell.

'Ma, am I doing the right thing? Can I really love her?' he said. He sighed and went back inside. Once he was in, he saw some nurses rushing to Gui's room. He didn't know what was going on, so he followed them. He saw Chen Lin sitting down on a row of chairs outside of Gui's room. Old Mister Wu, Ah Ben and Danson was standing. He walked up to them and noticed that they were crying. He peeked inside but didn't see anything.

"What's going on?" he asked. No one said a word to him. He stood off to the side, as the nurses and Dr. Wang wheeled Gui out. Dr. Wang stopped and asked them to take her and he will be with them shortly. They nodded their heads and took Gui away. She was still unconscious. Dr. Wang took a deep breath before continuing.

"Mr. Wu, Gui is in a critical condition right now. I don't understand what's wrong, but I believe that you guys will have to be prepared for the bad news. There will not be any good news," he said. Everyone just stared at him. He shook his head and left them. Aaron was speechless. There was so much things that he wanted to say to Gui. He watched as Dr. Wang disappeared. Tears rolled down his cheeks.

Twenty minutes later, Ya Tou, Ah Wei, Xiao Jie, Xiao Man, Xiao Xun and Jason walked in. They saw that everyone was in the waiting room. Aaron was sitting with is head down. Old Mister Wu and Danson was standing by a corner. Ah Ben was by the window and Chen Lin was sitting in a chair. They walked up to them and didn't say a word. They understood the situation. They sat down next to Chen Lin and waited for the doctor.

Two hours later, Dr. Wang came out of the emergency room. Everyone ascended from their seats and walked towards him. He looked around and saw anxious, concern looks. He sighed.

"She is in the ICU right now. We tried our best, but if she doesn't wake up in the next 48 hours, we will have to take her off from life support. Also, we discovered that the virus had eaten all of her retinas, once she's awake, if she does wake up, she will not be able to see. Her fever has gone down, but not much," he said.

"Um...may we go see her?" asked Aaron.

"Not right now. But, in two hours, you can," with that saying, the left them. They returned to their seats and waited. Two hours later, Dr. Wang came back and told them that they can visit Gui.

They followed Dr. Wang to the ICU. She was attached to machines and three IVs. Tears fell. Aaron stood off to the side, watching Gui. He couldn't believe that something like this can happened to her.

48 hours later...

Everyone waited patiently for Dr. Wang. Gui had not been awake yet and they were afraid of taking her off life support. No one said a word. Two minutes later, Dr. Wang came into the waiting room with a smile. He couldn't believe it. A miracle had happened.

"Gui has finally awoken, but she can't see, so when you go in, don't say anything that will make her depress," he warned them. They smiled and walked into the ICU room.

"Gui, are you feeling?" asked Old Mister Wu.

"Ye ye? Is that you?" she asked.

"Yes, it's me. How are you feeling?" he asked again.

"Ye ye! I've been doing fine. But ye ye, why haven't you visit me for so long?" she asked. Everyone was taken aback by this.

"Gui, what do you mean? I'm here everyday," he said, confused.

"Ye ye, no has been visiting me. I've been so alone," she said.

"Gui, are you okay?" he asked.

"Ye ye, where Ma and Pa? I missed them. Where's Ben Ben and Chen Lin? Why haven't any of you visit me?" she asked.

"Gui Gui, Ben Ben is right here," Ah Ben said as the walked up to her.

"Ben Ben! Why haven't you visit me at all? I've been here for two months already," she said. Everyone was confused and shock. She hasn't been in the hosptial for two months. She's only been in there for no more than a week. They just stared at each other in confusion.

"Gui, what are you talking about? You've only been here for not more than a week," said Chen Lin.

"Ye ye, Ben Ben, and Chen Lin what are you guys talking about? I've been here for two months. Enough about me, where's Ma and Pa?" she asked. They didn't know how to answer her. She was acting strange.

"Gui, your parents are out of the country," said Old Mister Wu.

"Ye ye, when are they coming back?" she asked.

"I'm not sure," said Old Mister Wu in confusion. "Um...Gui, ye ye needs to go out for a moment, I will be back. In the mean time, your friends are here to visit you."

"Friends? You mean Ya Tou and Xiao Jie are here to visit me?" she asked.

"Yea, everyone's here. There's Ah Wei, Wang Zi, Mao Di, Aaron, Danson, Xiao Xun, Jason, and Xiao Man," said Chen Lin.

"Ah Wei? Wang Zi? Mao Di? Aaron? Danson? Xiao Xun? Jason? Xiao Man? Chen Lin, who are they? I've never heard of them before," she said.

"They are your friends and Aaron is your boyfriend," she said, staring at them. They were surprised and shock.

"Friends? Boyfriend? I don't have a boyfriend," she said. Dr. Wang and Old Mister Wu walked in. Everyone turned and faced him. He didn't know what was going on. He whispered something to Ah Ben and took out a notepad.

"Gui, you don't remember them?" asked Ah Ben.

"I don't know them at all. I've never met them before. Ha ha, it's not funny," said Gui. Dr. Wang took some notes down.

"Gui, I'm not playing a joke on you. They are you friends. And we have been visiting you since you were checked in," he said, watching Dr. Wang.

"No, if you guys did visit, then I would know. I've been waiting for you guys for two months now," she said. Dr. Wang wrote down some more notes, before leaving. Old Mister Wu followed Dr. Wang out to his office. He was curious about Gui's condition. Dr. Wang walked into his office and called for a nurse. He didn't know what actually is wrong with Gui, but he was certain she was suffering from something. When the nurse entered, he gave her the notes that has taken and asked her to call Dr. Chen. She nodded her head and walked out of the room.

"Mr. Wu, I'm not sure of her condition right now. I've asked for Dr. Chen. She would know what is happening to Gui, once she gets here," he said. Old Mister Wu just nodded his head. He left Dr. Wang's office and returned to Gui's room. Everyone was sitting down and looked up when he returned. He just shrugged and walked over to the window. They all waited patiently for Dr. Chen to arrive. Tension and confusion was in the air, roaming around their presence.

When Dr. Chen entered the room with Dr. Wang, everyone shot up from where they were sitting and waited for her response. She walked over to Gui and did a quick examination. She shook her head and motioned for everyone to follow her. She shut the door behind her.

"I'm afraid that Gui is..." she trailed off, trying to find the right words.