Chapter 15

Tears of Happiness

Chapter 15

Aaron had forgotten that it was Gui’s birthday, until he got home. He his laptop, and a reminder popped up. He read it and ran to Danson’s room. He opened his door without knocking, a Danson who was reading, looked up and watched a panicking Aaron in his view. He smiled at Aaron, but he did not receive a smile. Instead, he got a panic look, mixed with anxiety.

“What’s wrong,” asked Danson.

“Ge, I can’t believe it. I forgot Gui’s birthday!” he shouted. Danson was amazed by what he just heard.

“You what?” he asked.

“I forgot Gui’s birthday,” he repeated, more slowly this time.

“You forgot what?” Danson asked again, allowing everything to sink in.

“I forgot Gui’s birthday,” repeated Aaron, he was getting a little irritated with Danson.

“Really? I thought that you will be the first one to remember,” he said, “even I wished her a ‘happy birthday.’”

Aaron walked back to his room quietly. He didn’t know what to do. He sighed as he opened the door to his room. He took out his phone and text Gui. He wanted her to forgive him for forgetting about her birthday, but he didn’t know how to do it. He waited for Gui’s text.

It was half past two, when Aaron finally fell asleep. He had stayed up waiting for her text, but he couldn’t help but fall asleep.

The next day, Aaron showed up at Gui’s house. He wanted to make up to her for forgetting her birthday. He knocked on the door and Xiao Nan let him in.

“Is Gui up yet?” he asked Xiao Nan as he entered the house.

“She left for school already,” she answered him.

“Why?” he asked.

“She said something about a sports meeting. I’m not to sure, but I’m guessing she wants to join tennis again, now that she can see,” she explained to him.

“Oh, well, can I drop something off for her?” he asked. She nodded and he climbed up the stairs to her room. He opened her door and entered it. He looked around; it was neater than his own room. He smiled and walked over to her desk. He placed a small box on her desk before leaving. He was about to leave, before something caught his eyes. He walked over to it, and picked it up. It was a Huang heirloom. He didn’t know how she got, but he was shock to see it in her room. He put it back down and looked through her things. She didn’t have much jewelry, but he did notice her Stitch collections. He smiled.

After a few minutes of looking around Gui’s room, he went back downstairs and left. As he entered the campus, he noticed that there was a commotion. He walked over to it and saw a notice. He was shock by the notice.

‘Why didn’t she tell me?’ he asked himself. He needed to find her. He ran out from the crowd and went to look for her. He searched the whole school, but he didn’t find her. He tried calling her but she wasn’t picking up. He kept on running until he bumped into someone. He helped her pick up her things and turned to leave, she called his name. He turned around and saw her.

“Hebe, what are you doing here?” he asked, surprised to see her.

“What do you mean?” she countered his question with another one.

“Why are you here, in Taiwan? I thought that you will never come back,” he said, angrily.

“I came back because of you. Aaron, listen to me…I’m dying soon. I need you to come back with me,” she said.

“What?” he asked.

“I’m dying Aaron. I have this incurable disease and I’m dying. I only need you for three months,” she said. “Yan Ya Lun, I’m only asking for three months. Can’t you give me three months? After that, I’ll leave you alone.” He stared at her, he wasn’t sure if she was lying or not.

“I-I have a girlfriend,” he answered her.

“Wu Ying Jie?” she asked.

“Yea,” he said. “How did you know?”

“It doesn’t matter. Aaron, please give me three months. That’s all I’m asking for. Three months,” she said with sadness in her eyes. She knew that he loved Gui, but she needed him. She can’t just let him go. She had her reason for leaving him. She still loved him.

“Hebe, I can’t. I love Gui,” he said.

“I know that you do, but I only need you for three months. Aaron, please…” she said.

“Hebe, look, I don’t know why you left, but you did. You chose him over me, and now you want me back. Hebs, I can’t give you three months. There is no more Bebu. It’s Gui and it will always be her. She changed me. She made me realized how much I miss my mom and she made me see that it wasn’t my fault. She healed me, she saved me, and she’s everything to me. Hebs, I can’t leave her,” he said.

“Aaron, I understand that you love her, that’s why you pushed Xiao Xun away. But, I need you. I really do,” she said.

“Hebs, I can’t. Now, if you will excuse me, I need to find Gui before it’s too late,” he said, he started to run.

“Aaron, I already told her about us. She knows everything!” she shouted. Aaron stopped. He turned around and faced her. He was surprised that she would actually tell Gui about them. He wasn’t sure if she was telling the truth or not. He stared at her for a few minutes before turning around and running again. He needed to talk to Gui. He wanted to know what was going on.

‘Wu Ying Jie, please wait for me,’ he said as he searched for her. When the bell rang, he went to class, disappointed. He knew that he would be able to talk to her until lunch time. He went to his classes, shutting out his teachers. He could only think about the notice. He wanted to talk to Gui. He wanted to answers. When it was lunch time, he ran to the cafeteria, hoping that she would be there. He walked in and noticed that everyone was staring at him. He roamed his eyes around the cafeteria. When he didn’t see her, he left.

“Yan Ya Lun!” he heard his name being called. He turned around and saw a young man walking up to him. He was holding something in his hands. Aaron kept his gaze on the man who was walking to him. “Here.” He said, as he extended his arms. Aaron stared at the gift, before taking it.

“What’s this?” he asked.

“Gui asked me to give this to you. It’s not from her. It from someone else, she said that she will not be able see you today, so she asked me to give this you,” he answered Aaron’s question. He stared at the gift then back to the man in front of him. He noticed the guy, but he couldn’t pinpoint where he had seen the man from.

“Um…who is this from? And who are you?” he asked. He needed answers.

“I’m Weng Rui Di, Gui’s cousin, and this is from one of your friends. She left the country and her mother handed this to Gui to give it you, but she couldn’t so she asked me to do it for her,” he answered Aaron.

“Is it true?” he asked.

“Is what true?” he countered.

“The notice,” he said.

“Notice? Ah, you mean the one from the bulletin?” he asked.

“Yea, is it true?”

“I’m not too sure, but Gui came earlier today. She said something about joining tennis, but her grandfather called, and said that she’s to be transferred to a different university.”

“Why?”

“I’m not sure yet, but I will find out by tonight. If you want, you can contact me later on.”

“Weng Rui Di, um…how is she doing?”

“She’s doing fine.”

“No, what I meant is…is she mad at me for not remembering her birthday?”

“You forgot!”

“Yea.”

“Wow, I don’t know. I haven’t talked to her about it. But…if you’re looking for her, you have to hurry. She’s leaving soon. I believe she’s at home, if not then she’s at my house.”

“Thanks,” he said. He started out the cafeteria and ran to his car. He was struggling to open his car, when someone called his name.

“Ya Lun!” He turned around and saw Ya Tou and Danson. They were walking towards him. He smiled and waved to them. He was surprised to see them there.

“Ya Tou, Danson, what are you two doing here?” he asked. Ya Tou just laughed at him.

“I go to this school,” she told him.

“Well, I know that. I meant, why are you two here?” he asked.

“Well, Xiao Jie called me and told me that Gui was transferring, so I came here to check up on you. I didn’t see you all morning, so I left. I just came back, when Ya Tou told me that you have met with Ah Ben and now is running frantically to the parking lot,” Danson explained. Aaron just stared at them. He was confused.

“How did you know that I had met up with Weng Rui Di? I mean, I didn’t see you in the cafeteria,” he said.

“Of course you didn’t see me, I wasn’t in there,” she said, “Ah Ben had text me after he talked to you.”

“Oh, so is it true? I mean, he told me that she was transferring, but why?”

“I’m not too sure, but I think that Wu ye ye has to go to the States and he wants to bring Gui along, so that she can take some test to be his successor. She is his only granddaughter left, and he wanted her to be his successor. Even though Ah Ben could be his, he wants Gui since she has a strong will. Also, Ah Ben didn’t want to be his successor. Ah Ben wants to be the next GM when he graduates. He said that he didn’t want to be in charge of everything, he just wants to be in charge of the his father’s company, not the whole Wu industry,” Ya Tou explained. Aaron gave Ya Tou a confuse look. He didn’t understand what she was trying to tell him. He didn’t understand her at all. Danson sensed his confusion and started to explain.

“Aaron, you see, the Wu Industry consists of three smaller companies. Gui’s father, Ah Ben’s parents, and Wu Chen Lin’s father. They are all part of Wu Industry, which is Wu ye ye’s prize. He worked hard to create that industry. When his sons and daughter got married, he divided his industry into three smaller companies, comprising of their talents. You see, Gui’s aunt, who is Ah Ben’s mother, owns Ben Ben Fashion, Chen Lin’s father owns Somnus Jewels, and Gui’s father owns Ying Jie Co. Among them, Wu ye ye had stated that when he died, Gui’s father would be the successor of Wu Industry. But now that he’s dead, Ah Ben’s father was supposed to be the successor, but he turned down the offer. Chen Lin’s father was the last to be the successor, since he’s the youngest, but he, too, also turned it down. They said that it should be one of the grandchildren. Ah Ben and Chen Lin have turned down the offer, leaving Gui to be the successor, but she has to take a test that will decide if she can be a successor or not,” he explained to Aaron.

Aaron was still confused. He just gave them blank stares. Ya Tou sighed. She knew that Aaron was having a hard time, understanding the situation. Danson shook his head and took a deep breath.

“Aaron, if you don’t understand this, then how can you possibly understand her?” he asked.

“I don’t know. I mean, I don’t know what to say,” he confessed.

“Ya Lun, I know that you forgot her birthday yesterday,” Ya Tou said.

“How did you know?” he asked.

“Gui told me. I was surprised when she first told me this morning. By the way, before I forget, this is for you. I don’t know what’s inside, but she had asked me to give this to you,” she said, handing him a box. He took it and put it away, without opening it. They both stared at him. They were shocked that he didn’t even bother to open it.

“Aaron, why aren’t you opening the gift?” asked Danson.

“Ge, I don’t have time right now. Can I go see my girlfriend?” he asked.

“Um…I’m sorry, but she’s not home,” said Ya Tou, “we just got back from her place. She left already.”

“Oh,” said Aaron, disappointed.

Ya Tou and Aaron walked back to class, while Danson drove off. He wanted to see Xiao Jie before he leaves, but she wasn’t around. He didn’t know why, but lately, he’s been having an urge to be with Xiao Jie.

‘Do I like her? I mean, she’s pretty and nice, but do I have feelings for her?’ he asked himself as he drove home. He didn’t know if he likes her or not, for all he knows is that she makes his heart skip a beat. He got home and went to his room. He was going to talk to Aaron once he gets home.

____________________________

sorry for the late post. i just moved awhile back and didn't have any internet connections.