Chapter 23

Tears of Happiness

Chapter 23

Aaron woke up in sweats. He felt her embrace. He got up and walked to Danson's room. It was one of his weirdest dream ever. He had never had a dream like this before. He wanted Danson's opinion on this. He knocked on Danson's door before entering. When he entered the room, it was empty. He shut the door and went downstairs. Surely enough, Danson was in the dinning room, eating breakfast.

"Good Morning. I see that you are still in your pjs," he said.

"Yea, just woke up," Aaron said as he sat down. One of his maid brought him his breakfast, the thanked his maid and turned to Danson.

"What?" Danson asked, sensing that something was wrong.

"Um...I just had a dream about Gui."

"Really? What's it about?"

"Um..I was really weird. She was at Hebe's grave and I was there too. It felt so real though. I mean, I decided to visit Hebe and she was there."

"What was she doing?"

"She was...hugging me and she told me that she loves me. But...then she drifted away, as if someone was taking her away from me."

"And?"

"And she was gone. But the weird thing is, she was with three people. Two girls and one man. Actually, she was with Wei Lian, your friend from Keelung. He was smiling at us, and then Gui disappear. After Gui, he also disappeared. Ge, do you know what this dream meant?"

"I'm not sure, but I will call and ask Wei Lian. I'm pretty sure it's not something big."

"I hope so. It was so weird. Gui had on a sad face. I think that she was trying to say something but couldn't."

"What else happened?"

"I don't know. She just drifted away from my grip," he said. Danson nodded his head. After breakfast, Aaron went to the gym. He needed to get the dream out of his system. He hadn't told anyone beside Danson.

Gui woke up and went downstairs. She needed to tell someone about her dream. She was glad to see everyone sitting at the dinning table. She walked up to them and sat next to Selina.

"What's wrong?" Selina asked Gui.

"I just had a weird dream," she said.

"What is it?" asked Wei Lian, arching his eyebrow in awe.

"Well, I dreamed that we were visiting Hebe's grave and Aaron was there. I saw him when we were leaving the cemetery and had asked you to stop the car. I ran out of the car and chased Aaron. You three followed me. I tried calling out his name, but there was no sound coming out of my mouth. I kept on trying and trying. He was giving Hebe her favorite flowers, daisies. Selina, you, called my name causing him to turn. I ran up to him and hugged him. I told him that I love him. After he had told me that he loves me, I drifted away. He extended his arm to me, but I couldn't reach it. As I was drifting away, I saw all of you guys," she explained to them.

"I see," said Wei Lian as he got up and left. The girls watched as he walked out of the room. Two minutes later, he returned, with something in his hands. Gui recognized the thing right away. It was a wrapped box. "Here." Wei Lian handed Gui the box.

"Um...how did you get this?" she asked.

"I found this," he said. "I found it when I met up with Danson and the crew. I don't know who it belongs to, but someone dropped it. When I picked it up, it had your name on it, so I thought that I might give it to you," he said.

"This is from my room," she said. "I wonder who dropped it." She opened the box, and found a ring. It was a two banded ring. She gasped at the ring in front of her. One of the band, has a heart instead of a diamond, while the other was just a regular rounded band. She took out the ring and read the date that was engraved inside the one with the heart. She read it out, "071106."

"July 11, that's when he asked you out?" asked Selina. Gui closed her eyes and tried to remember.

'July 11, 2006,' she whispered to herself. Fragments of her past came to her. She saw him smiling. She felt his embrace. She heard him calling for her. She felt his protection.

"Gui? Are there?" asked Rong Jia, waving her hand in front of Gui. She opened her eyes and stared at them.

"I remembered now! I remembered now!" she shouted. Everything had come back to her. She remembered who Aaron was. She remembered everything clearly. He saved her many times before. Wei Lia clapped his hands, while the other two hugged her.

"I'm so happy for you," said Selina, suffocating Gui.

"Thank you so much for everything," she said.

"Well, why don't you stay with us for a couple more days and we will send you home?" asked Wei Lian. Gui nodded in agreement.

"Ah, Gui remember your promise?" asked Selina.

"Yea, but, I think that I should just surprise them in a few days," she said. Selina though about it and agreed. She wanted to see their faces.

A few days later, Wei Lian along with Rong Jia and Selina, brought Gui to Taipei. Gui showed them the way to their company. Upon arriving, many of Gui's co workers welcomed her back. They walked to the reception desk and ask for Ah Ben. The receptionist told them that Ah Ben was in a meeting with Chen Lin, Danson and Aaron in Gui's office. She smiled and led the rest of the crew to her office.

The door was closed and they stood outside for a few minutes. They could hear people talking from the inside. Gui counted to three and opened the door. Ah Ben, Danson, Chen Lin and Aaron looked up from their folders and saw a smiling Gui in front of them. They were shock to see her.

"Good Morning, everybody," she said. She saw that they all pinched themselves, "hey, I'm not a ghost okay?"

"Gui!" shouted Ah Ben, as he got up and hugged her. "Where have you been?"

"In Keelung," she answered him as she hugged them. One by one they all got up and hugged her, all except for Aaron. She smiled at him. He wasn't sure if it was a dream or not. He just got up and left them. Gui turned around and watch him leave. She wanted to go after him, but she couldn't. Her muscles wouldn't let her go. She just watched him silently as he left.

Aaron ran to the nearest elevator. He had not gotten over the dream and there she was, standing if front of him. Tears fell. He walked over to his car and drove off. He had called Wang Zi and Mao Di. He met them at a small coffee shop. He told them about his dream and Gui's appearance. It was the first time in days since the told someone other than Danson of his dream.

"So, you're afraid that this is a dream?" asked Mao Di.

"Yea, I'm afraid that she will disappear if I hug her," he said.

"Don't worry. It is for real now. Did you say that Ah Ben hugged her?" asked Wang Zi.

"Yea, he did," he answered.

"Aaron, if Ah Ben hugged her then it's real. Don't worry about it. Since we're here, why don't you take us and visit Gui?" asked Mao di. Aaron nodded and led them to Wu Industry. He led them up to Gui's office. He opened the door and everyone looked up at them. Gui was not in the room. He knew it. It was too good to be true.

Wang Zi looked around the room. "Where's Gui?" he asked them.

"Yea, where is she? Aaron said that she's back," said Mao Di. Everyone just at them. Gui was behind them and she wanted to scare them. They kept their eyes fixed on Mao Di and Wang Zi. Gui crept up to Wang Zi and jumped on him.

"Boo!" she shouted. Wang Zi jumped and turned around. He saw a laughing Gui standing there.

"Gui!" he shouted, "don't ever do that again."

"Hey, it was funny," laughed Mao Di. Wang Zi couldn't help but laugh. It was funny.

They all sat down and started asking Gui questions. She answered everyone of their questions. Aaron was silent. He watched as Gui explained her story to them. He noticed that she was wearing the rings that he had gotten her for her birthday. He smiled to himself. Chen Lin noticed Aaron smiling and stared at Gui. She, too, noticed the ring, but she didn't know that it was from Aaron.

"Gui, you already met someone new?" she asked.

"Huh?" asked Gui.

"The ring? When did you get in engaged?" she asked.

"Ring?" asked Gui.

"The ring on your finger," Chen Lin said, holding Gui's hand.

"This is from..." she said, eying Aaron. Everyone turned and stared at a blushing Aaron.

"Aaron?! You gave her a ring?!" asked Danson in shock. "Since when?"

"Um..."

"He gave it to my for my birthday," Gui finished for him. "I just never opened it because I left for the states. This is what made me remembered him. For the longest time ever, I tried so hard to remember him. I felt his pain, but I didn't know why. Wei Lian gave this to me a couple of days ago, and because of it I remembered."

"Really?" said Chen Lin.

"Well, this is all you need," said Danson, "if I knew this, I would of asked Ya Tou to give it to you earlier. We found this in your room."

They spend two hours talking about everything. Gui had never been so happy in her life. She had learned many things about her friends and family. Danson had text Xiao Jie letting her know that Gui is back and she had spread the news. At around six, everyone met up at Gui's house and threw a party for Gui. She was glowing with glee. That night, Aaron proposed to her. She accepted his proposal and kissed him. From that day onwards, she was going to be his forever and ever.

'Gui, from now on, I will only give you tears of happiness,' Aaron whispered to Gui on their wedding day, a year later.

'I will always love you,' Gui whispered to him.