Heaven Yet?

Fighting This Battle

Junhyung's POV

               When I woke up with a bright smile, excited to tell the other members about the news, I couldn't. Just couldn't tell them. For some reason, all of them had these depressed looks on their faces, and I could see Dongwoon shedding a few tears. I was flabbergasted. What was wrong with them? While we ate, it was the opposite of the usual ones we had because we'd usually start eating right away and be busy chatting but it was different. They just stared at their plates, I couldn't take their depressed states as right out asked them, "What is wrong with you guys? You all look so depressed.". 

 

               All they did for a response was to stare at me and sigh, before I could repeat the question, Yoseob bursted out in frustration, "HYEO NA'S IN A COMA! OKAY?! SHE HASN'T WOKEN UP YET. WHILE YOU WERE OFF SOMEWHERE, WE WE'RE ALL CRYING OUR HEARTS OUT!!!". He shouted slamming his chopsticks on the table, standing up and rushing to his room; not without slamming the door.

 

               I couldn't believe it. He was joking right? Hyeo Na was just fine the last time I saw her. I dropped my chopsticks on the floor and gave them a helpless look, pleading them to tell me it was all just a joke. . . Sadly, none of them gave me any relief. I stood up silently and walked towards my room; slamming my fist against the wall. 

               "WHY?!" I screamed out to no one. I saw Yoseob changing so I changed too, in a rush. "I'm coming with you," I said, or more like stated. He gave me an emotionless look before walking ahead of me out the door. The members just stayed there, eating breakfast quietly.

 

               The car ride was long and nerve-wrecking, the anxiety was killing me as we rushed around the corridors of the hospital going left and right, until we finally reached our destination. Yoseob opened the door first and entered, but I stood still in my place because reality had finally hit me. 

 

               The girl I've been trying to get over with, is in a coma. . . 

 

               Who might not even wake up. . .

 

               I slowly approached the hospital bed where she lay motionless. Tears had escaped my eyes by then, and I roughly wiped them away with the sleeve of my jacket. This just couldn't be happening.

 

But it is happening.

 

Hyeo Na's POV

 

               I felt light like a feather; there were clouds everywhere. It was a beautiful place. I wandered around this paradise of clouds, liking the feeling of the clouds. Lying down on the clouds, it felt like my bed, soft and fluffy. It reminded me of cotton candy too. 

 

 

               The sky was a clear blue hue but was covered by most of the clouds, it was like heaven. I even saw golden gates around but saw no one, if it were heaven wouldn't there be angels? So. . .

Where am I?

 

Yoseob's POV

               I can't believe he doesn't know what has happened! Where has he been all this time?! I couldn't bother explaining and wasting my breath, it was too painful to have those images flash in my head. Haunting, and haunting me. I stood there just staring at Hyeo Na's serene expression; brushing her bangs away from her eyes, I gave her a peck on the forehead and held her hand. I saw Junhyung frozen at the door, he was probably hit with realization. That this is reality, no joke at all. I gave out a deep sigh, glancing at Hee Young who was asleep but still holding onto Hyeo Na's hand; looking around the room I saw that the fans had sent her dozens of flowers that she loved, sweets, and many more get well soon gifts. I softly laughed sadly, if Hyeo Na were awake she would be squealing and all giddy.

               But. . .

 

 

When will you wake up?