Chapter 22

In Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

chapter 22- Japan



“Oh my God! You came?”

That’s what Thom her co worker at the agency blurted out the minute he saw her coming in to the club. Pushing her way into the their table Dara squished herself into the small empty space between Thom and one of her co-workers.. She can sense all her co workers looking at her with their surprise puzzled eyes

“I knew it! I knew this is gonna happen “ she told herself “What?” she glared at her friends irritably

“Damn girl! Are you sick? Why are you here?” Thom asked her curiously but a hint of accomplishment all over his place which made Dara think he was up to something. He patted her forehead with his cold hand, checking her if she was indeed sick.

“No! What? Ya! I thought you all wanted me here?maybe I should just leave then?” She span around threatening them to leave when Thom yanked her back

“of course we do! hey! Don’t blame us, you turn us down every time we asked you to. As if you really wanted to stay all night at that shabby scary little house of yours!.” Sandy saw Thom rolled his eyes as he took a shot glass and shoved it into Sandy “here drink up…let’s enjoy before you change your mind and take off again” she kissed her cheek playfully before shoving the girl down to seat.

Sandy laugh at the sarcasm of her friend.
 

She was of course having doubts whether to go or not. She was even considering driving back but just thinking of spending the night alone again made her want to go.

The place was kind of cool and Dara had no problem of blending in so well. Most people would always took her for a japanese girl. Unlike Thom who always stands out with his bluish eye color and 6 feet height figure- after all he’s half Japanese – half British.

“Hey, isn’t this place expensive?. I’m telling you Thom I don’t have extra bucks this month. I’ve sent it all to Korea” She gradually shook her head
 

“Ya, I know! what’s new ehh? I always pay for you anyways” He was obviously teasing her “and besides it has been a long time that you hang out with us again. So my treat tonight ok?” Dara swear for the second time that night that she saw a slight glint of mischief in her friends eyes.

“why do I get a feeling that something is going to happen tonight?” she suspiciously eye down her friend. she knew that his smile meant something.
 

Thom grinned “Now you are being paranoid here. Just enjoy the night Dara, who knows you might get what you really wanted tonight” Thom grinned again



******

 

The hours ticked by and Sandy grew bumpy and tipsy. Head a little spinning from all the alcohol that she had consumed.

“aissh” she hissed. Although enjoying the company of her friends, Sandy wanted to go home and rest. She had a long day already and even though her bed wasn't exactly as comfy and silky as her bed in korea she had grown to love and appreciate the comfort it brought her.

 

She looked around the club, silently swaying with the music while watching some of her friends dancing in the dance floor.


“I need to pee!” a bit tipsy, she helped herself to stand up from where she was sitting. She cringed, realizing how long it would take her to get to the bathroom, which she knew was in the far end of the club. In order for her to go to where the washroom is located- she needed to pass through the dance floor, a few more box couches and the VIP section

“what the heck! What kind of club is this?” she pouted angrily as she started to push her way into the crowd- near the dance floor where the throng was thickest…. all the way to the bathroom.

She was in front of the VIP section now…. the room walls were glass tinted… only the people inside can see what’s happening outside….

While walking… She gleefully runs her left hand fingers into the glass….feeling the cold, smooth and silky feeling of the glass into her fingertips. She swayed her head and nodding it in the same way as the beat of music that was playing… she smiled realizing it was Mirotic.

“ahhh Dong Bang Shin Ki! I missed them!” she said loudly without thinking of anyone hearing her. With the loud music thumping through out the club who would have thought someone would hear her anyway?

But then...

“Yay! She missed us!” a small husky voice that sounded so familiar shocked her to the extent that she tripped herself making her fall face flat to the dark blue tiled floor….

She closed her eyes, thinking she was just way too drunk to think of hearing Changmin’s voice. Which was very impossible.

“aisshh Park Sandara! what are you doing? You’re way too drunk to think of that cute brother Changmin!!” she scolded herself loudly as she stood up

But she heard people chuckling on her back and didn't really appreciate that those people were actually laughing at her “How dare they just laugh at me instead of helping me!” She hissed angrily, standing up , squinting her eyes and was ready to give them a few lecture of respect when what she saw made her froze instantly.

 

Gaping while blinking repeatedly as if making sure that what she was seeing was real and not some hologram that her mind was producing. She recognizes those smiles and those grins. The youngest, and closest to her literally skipped toward her, taking her into his arms and squeezed her tightly.



“Sandy noona! I missed you. Where have you been? We were looking everywhere for you. Didn’t you promised to send me your new address after you settled here? But you didn't“ Changmin pouted like a kid. It made Dara wondered how such a big guy like him could act so child like.
 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter