Chapter 1

In Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 1


Dara frustratingly cried. Snorting and sniffing as she wiped away her tears by the back of her right hand. She slumped her tired body in the corner of YG’s dance studio as she carefully took off her right shoe- Only to reveal that her right ankle was swollen. A little price for dancing and practicing too much that day.

“Dara why don’t you just rest for a while? You’ve been practicing that routine for the whole day for pete's sake” Her best friend Bom scolded her. In which she didn't totally ignored. Bom was right... but that doesn't mean she would stop.

“I know Bom that’s why it’s so frustrating! I’ve been doing this the whole day yet I still can’t do it right!” she squatted on the floor ignoring the stinging pain that instantly shoot from her ankle towards her thigh. It was as if she was checking if she could continue practicing with her injured foot.

“Owww!” she winced, grabbing her foot and ended up in the floor again. She carefully put on the shoe and frowned feeling the pain as she stuffed her foot inside.

“I told you. The boss wouldn't be glad about his trainees getting injured. Trust me Santoki, you're far better than me when it comes to dancing” her friend assured her. Giving her a bottle of water.

“Your voice makes up for it Bommie. and besides this is not an injury. It’s just…” She didn't dared continue talking seeing her bestfriend glaring at her like she was about to stab her in the eye using her long nails.

“Just what Ssantoki? Over used? Come on Dara. Working hard is cool but then over doing it has never been a good thing. Enough for today. Let’s go before the boss finds out about you not being responsible enough to take care of your body. He wouldn't think twice kicking you out!”

Bom pulled her up and dragged her out of the studio. She was limping but managed to follow her friend with out putting too much pressure on her injured foot.


***


She has been training with YG for years now, yet her progress was becoming unnoticeable. She knew that she’s way behind everybody, especially those she deemed born talented.

Sure, She can sing. Yes, she can dance. But as far as she knew. She was still not as good as her fellow trainees and YG artists. Walking around YG building, passing through recording studio of Teddy Park, through practice and dance studios where she could clearly hear and see just how good YG artists were didn't exactly help boost her self esteem. In fact the result was the complete opposite.

Her big break so far ever since she got back from Korea and started to enter her country’s entertainment industry- in which she thought is highly competitive was her appearance on a music video of her fellow YG artist Gummy.

Oh right! she was happy with that project. She missed acting. The first thing she thought she’ll be successful with was acting. Singing and becoming an idol was just her dream but then she knew what she's capable of and becoming an idol was pushed back on her list of what-i-want-to-become.

Her role in that music video somehow gained attention, not exactly the kind of reaction she hoped for but then well.... bad publicity is good publicity.

She hated it when crazy fan girls started to attacked and hated her because she kissed The oh-so-famous Choi Seung Hyun a.k.a TOP of the famous idol band BigBang! Whom she preferred calling HIT CHART!



****

“Hyung who’s that?” Changmin The youngest of them asked Jaejoong whose eyes were on the computer screen- reading something. He was busy packing his clothes for their photo shoot when he unintentionally looked at their oldest member whose face seemed to be glued right on the monitor of their computer screen.

“A new YG artist” Jaejoong simply answered his young band mate- not even trying to break his still gaze on the articles he was reading. Something about it made his interest perked up like he wanted to know just everything about it.

The youngest grinned liking the fact that finally... someone had gained his hyung's interest.

“Oh ok” perhaps a little teasing won't hurt “Why are you checking her out?” Changmin carefully peaked right through the side of the engrossed guy's head and saw a girl who looks like Eugene of SES.

“I’m not checking her out. I’m just curious about her. I heard about her from our staffs. They’ve been talking about Seunghyun's I'm sorry MV and the supposedly kissing scene. It was just released yesterday” Jaejoong explained, his eyes still not leaving the screen. But he frowned- slightly annoyed by Changmin’s inquiries.

Of course, just hearing about TOP's kissing scene made Changmin excited. There had been a few incidents of idols kissing, maybe because of the fact that each i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter