8

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What do you think you're doing Joongki?" I told him as I released myself from his grasp. I bent down to pick up the socks and avoid eye contact with him.

"You heard me. I said I missed you."

I ignored him and finished organizing the socks. He can't be saying things like this to me right now, I moved in with him for the sake of our children not because I want to rekindle our past love.

"Joongki, I'm here for the sake of our children. Don't try to get inside my head, I barely started to process this situation we have." I replied.

Suddenly, he took my hand and pulled me into a hug once again. This time, I didn't fight back, something urged me to hear what he had to say.

"Hyekyo, I missed you. I don't want to keep on repeating myself so just tell me a proper reply." 

I pulled away from the hug and faced him properly.

"You want to hear a proper reply? Well here you go, I didn't miss you so just stop whatever it is you're trying to do."

I walked away from him and looked for the twins.

The first week with Joongki wasn't too bad, although, he did stop talking to me after our incident. I can't blame him though, I did push him away. But, this is for the best, my focus is on the twins and their opporutnity to have a father. When the time is right, they're going to have to learn to live with one of us occassionally. I'm only afraid that this situation would complicate the development of the twins.

If only Joongki and I were meant for each other, if only we had the chance to love, then we wouldn't be in this situation right now. I don't hate him but it hurts to love him because it only reminds me of every pain I felt when we were together. The most painful thing of all was knowing that he was seeing and loving some other girl even though he was married to me. I mean what else could I do, we were only married because we were arranged to be married, there can never be true love between the two of us. He will never feel true love for me.

The situation in the house wasn't complicated. We had a schedule, I made sure that I worked whenever Joongki was home so that he could have time with the twins and so that we wouldn't have to fake getting along. I come home whenever he's at work, it was my job to bring the kids to school and he's on pick up duty after school. The only communication that ever happens between us is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter