4

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Goodbye babies, have fun in school today." 

"We love you mommy. See you later."

The twins gave me kisses as they both left the car to go to school, it was a good thing that I didn't have to go to work today. I looked at the container of pastries next to me, I decided to stop by the Song house today because I did promise Omma that I would bring her some pastries when I make a batch.

The only fear I had was seeing him but maybe just maybe, he wouldn't be home. I sighed and started the engine of my car, I thought about my children and their grandparents. I feel so guilty for not telling them about it and Yuri knowing just makes me feel even more guilty because I'm making her lie to her own family.

After 30 minutes, I reached the Song Residence and just as I was parking my car, a red sports car was leaving the gates. It was Joongki, I hid myself in the car and watched as he left. My heart was beating so fast but tears started to fall from my eyes because I had flashbacks of the most painful thing that ever happened to us.

7 Years Ago

I was trying some new recipes at home and I decided to bring some to Joongki. I was walking to one of their hotels when I saw him walking out the door of a restaurant with Ji Won. 

"Joongki-ssi." I said to him.

He saw me and then turned to Ji Won who showed discomfort at the sight of me.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I wanted to bring you some lunch, I was working on a couple new recipes at home and I wanted to get your opinion on them." I explained.

"Um, babe I think I left my phone inside the restaurant can you please go back inside and check for me?" she asked.

Joongki nodded his head and went back in. Ji Won turned to me and had an expression of annoyance on her face.

"How dare you come here? You may be his wife but know your place, he didn't marry you out of love. Don't act as if you actually have some value in his life. I'm the one he loves and you, you're just his asset to get the company." 

I felt so small, there was nothing I could do or say because she was right. The two of them are in love and I'm only here because of an agreement between our parents. 

"I'm not trying anything. To tell you the truth, I do love him. But I'm not going to do anything to break the two of you apart, you look good together. So please don't be so full of yourself because there's nothing for you to be jealous of."

She rolled her eyes and with a smile took the tupperware I was holding and spilled all the contents on top of my head. She then slapped herself with her hand.

"What happened?" Joongki came rushing to Ji Won's side.

"She slapped me because I told her that one of her cookies wasn't good. I was trying to take the container from her so that I could let you try it to get your opinion but she took it back from me and she spilled it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter