23

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joongki’s POV

I never imagined that I would fall in love with Hyekyo, I’ve known her since we were little and I always thought that she wasn’t someone I wanted. Back then it was awkward for me, to see someone who was my sister’s best friend as someone I want to spend the rest of my life with. That’s why I was so enraged when I found out that our parents arranged for us to get married so that I could get the company. Back then, I swore I would never fall in love with her even if we live together because of Ji Won, because I love Ji Won.

But it all changed when she started cooking for me, baking for me, and comforting me when I was in a dark place. Although, I would drink my sorrows away while she just watched because I never wanted to disclose my personal problems with her. I guess I’ve always loved her, I was just afraid of loving her because I was a coward. I couldn’t leave Ji Won, that’s why when she left the thing that happened between me and Hyekyo happened. They say when you’re drunk, you lose the ability to lie, I wasn’t lying that night, I wanted it to happen to us. I wanted to make love to her, I was ready to accept her but then she left me.

There are no words to describe how much I loathe myself for letting her go during that time. And now that I have her back again, I’ll never let her out of my life again. That is until…

“Mr. Song we did everything we could. I’m so sorry but your wife is in a coma. For now she’s stable, but we have to keep her in the ICU. There may be some injuries in her brain so we need to monitor her just in case she experiences convulsions.”

“Thank you doctor.”

The doctor placed his hand on my shoulder and gave me a comforting squeeze. He went back to the operating room and I leaned against the wall.

“Joongki-ssi, I’m so sorry. I...this is all my fault.” said Ji Won as she wheeled herself towards me.

“You’re damn right. You better remember that she saved you and your child. Sung Joon-ssi please get her out of sight, I can’t look at her.”

I didn’t mean to be such a jerk but Ji Won’s presence just kept reminding me why Hyekyo is in such a critical state.

“I understand. Hang in there Joongki, Hyekyo is strong. She won’t ever leave your side.” said Sung Joon as he started to walk away with Ji Won.

I nodded my head and thanked him.

“Son.”

I looked past Sung Joon and saw my parents walking over with Yuri. A breath of relief escaped my mouth.

“Mom. Dad.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter