22

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Free will is a good thing but at the same time it’s evil. Sometimes we think we make the best choices by choosing the bad option. Because we believe that the bad option makes us a good person.

I didn’t have to jump in the car with Ji Won. I could have just let her go. But I couldn’t just let her go, I can’t forget the innocent child growing inside of her. I jumped in the car with her because I was worried for her child. This is what I meant by choosing the bad option to be a good person. My maternal instincts made me jump in the car with her. I just knew that I wouldn’t be able to move on had I let Ji Won drive away in the state she is right now, I know for a fact that her baby is not safe. Now, we’re in this situation, sitting in the car as Ji Won drives at who knows what speed. Here I am, trying to talk some sense into her.

“Ji Won please stop this. This isn’t good for you and your baby. We can help you just slow down and drive back.”

She shook her head and smacked her lips.

“What makes you think I would listen to you? You took everything away from me Hyekyo. You took the man I love and even Sung Joon, you left me nothing.”

She hardened her step on the gas pedal, we were going way over the speed limit.

“I didn’t take anyone from you Ji Won. You left Joongki, I left him so that the two of you could finally be together but you left him for your job. And Sung Joon, we’re just friends. He loves you Ji Won. He may have not given you the attention you deserved back then but he really does love you. Please, let’s just go back and fix this. Ji Won, think about your child, he or she didn’t do anything to you. Your child loves you even if you think that he or she wouldn’t love you.”

I must be getting to her because she slowed down. She must have not been able to see the road at the speed we were going because she started to cry.

“Hyekyo-ssi, do you know that I envy you so much? Honestly, I hate you. Why? Because you have so many people loving you and your children turned out so well. And me? I don’t know who to trust anymore, who to believe about love. This child, would grow up hating me because I can’t give him or her the love he or she wants.”

I felt tears falling from mine own eyes. This, was the first time that Kim Ji Won has opened up to me.

“I never had it easy Ji Won. I participated in an arranged marriage with a man who loved someone else, my unrequited love of so many years who didn’t notice me until he had his heartbroken. Nothing in life is easy but we find people who save us by loving us. And Ji Won-ssi, I am one of those people for you. I know you may not believe it but I do love you. You may have done many bad things to me but I love you. People who make the worst mistakes just need more love. I’m here to give that to you and so is Sung Joon, Joongki, and my children. Just let us help you.”

Ji Won closed her eyes for a second and nodded her head. I got through to her, I smiled and patted her shoulder. She wiped her tears away and stepped on th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter