5

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm so sorry Ms. Park, but did you just say that their father came to pick them up early?" I asked once again, there is no way for he knows about the secret I've kept for 7 years.

"He came during lunch to pick up the kids. Your husband said that if you come to pick up the twins, you should just go home because they'll meet you there." she explained.

"That's great. Thank you Mrs. Park." 

"No problem Mrs. Song, by the way, your husband is very attractive. No wonder your children are so good-looking." she replied.

I laughed her compliment off and quickly entered my car, my heart pounded fast at the thought of what wold be waiting for me when I get home.

I parked the car and found the twins eating some cotton candy on our front porch. I released a breath of relief and ran to my children, enveloping them both in my arms. 

"Omma, you're squishing us." said Jinki.

"Yeah mommy, we-can't-breathe." added Lorraine.

I dropped my arms and then placed each of my hands on one side of each of their faces.

"I was so worried for the two of you. Who brought you home?"

"Don't worry Omma, Auntie Yuri is here with us." said Lorraine.

"Omma, is it true that our Appa never knew about the two of us?" asked Jinki with a change of expression on his face. 

I felt nervous, I didn't know what to say and decided to ask a question back.

"Why are you suddenly asking about your father?" 

Jinki looked upset, they must know something because Lorraine didn't question her brother's statements.

"Is Mr. Song Joongki our Appa?" 

"C'mon Jinki, it's not important whether your father is with us right? What matters is me and the two of you, isn't Omma enough for you and Rain?"

"Omma, you didn't answer my question. Is Song Joongki our father?" he asked once again.

"Let's get the two of you inside, it's too cold out here."

"Mom, please answer oppa's question. Who is our father?" asked Lorraine.

I paused, I didn't know what to say to them, I was trying to think of another response when-

"Hyekyo-ssi, why don't you tell them the truth? What's stopping you?" 

Joongki came out of the front door of my house with Yuri following behind him.

"Wha-what are you doing here?" I asked in disbelief.

"Why don't you tell them who their father is?" he replied.

I looked at my children and saw that they were crying, I took a deep breath and got ready to tell them the truth.

"Rainy, Jin, please know that mommy loves you and that all my actions are for your own good. It's true your father is Joongki." 

They both ran to hug Joongki and I cried realizing how unfair I must have been to them. I decided to let them be and fix myself in the restroom, Yuri followed after me. She leaned against the door as I wiped my tears away.

"Eonnie, I...I..I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for it to come out. It's just that Joongki-oppa made me feel really guilty and so I ended up telling him the truth." she explained.

I tied my hair up, rinsed my face with water, and rested both of my hands on the sides of the sink.

"Yul, it's okay. I know that it's been hard on you too because I forced you to lie to your family. I've also been unfair to the twins and your brother, I knew that he had the right to know about them but I didn't tell him because I let my own feelings get in the way."

"Do you still l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter