1

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I've never been one who constantly goes to high class parties, being with the upper class has never been my forte. But when I do get a chance to go to these parties, I am always surprised by all the extravagant decor and guests. 

The best feeling is walking into the party, the bright lights, the big dance floor, the little tables gathered around so that everyone present could get a perfect view of the stage. The mixed scents of delicious food and designer perfumes enter my tiny nose and I know it sounds pretty disgusting but you'll know if you ever go to these kinds of parties. 

You smile as you desparately search for someone you know at the party because it's shameful to ever go to such parties without knowing a single person present. I kept walking, keeping my posture in check and giving a kind gesture to anyone I pass. Finally, after a long game of hide-and-seek, I find the person who invited me to this event. Thankfully, the person who invited me was the one hosting the event.

"Eonnie, over here."

I walked over to her and hugged her, it's been awhile since I've seen my ex-husband's sister.

"Yuri-yah, It's been a while. You look amazing." I say to her.

"Well, if you made time for your best friend and you weren't so busy with work, you would have gotten a chance to see me more often." she complained.

Eversince I began my bakery business, it was rare that Yuri and I got to spend time together. We've been best friends since we were young, it was always me, her, and her brothers. Until one of her brothers and I were forced to get married by our parents- you know what, ignore that fact. This is not the time for me to be thinking about the past. 

"I'm sorry. But everything is settle now so I'll be able to have more time for you. Where are your parents by the way and your brother?" I asked.

"Omma and Appa are busy walking around, greeting all the guests. And omo, eonnie are you actually looking for Joongki-oppa?" 

I rolled my eyes and smacked her arm.

"Your other oppa, In Sung." I told her.

"Oh, he and Hyo Jin eonnie went on vacation with Jae Yeol. They've been too busy with work that they haven't spent enough time with Baby Jae Yeol. But even though you're not asking I know you're still concerned so I'm going to tell you this. Joong Ki-oppa is going to be here. This party is for my dad's birthday and for him handing the company over to Joong Ki-oppa." she explained.

In my mind I was speechless and anxious but I didn't want to show it and so I faked a response.

"That's great. It's about time for Appa to retire, he and Omma need to have their turn for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter