21

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyekyo’s POV

“Sungjoon-ssi, maybe the Ji Won I’m talking about isn’t the Ji Won you love.”

There is no way that Ji Won could possibly be Sung Joon’s Ji Won. She’s definitely into Joongki, there was never any speculation of her ever liking another man.

“I have her picture, here.”

He hands his phone over to me and I closed my eyes before looking at the screen. Slowly, I open my right eye followed by my left. My eyes bulged out of their sockets as I looked at the picture. His Ji Won is the girl who is currently carrying Joongki’s baby.

“It’s her. She’s the woman who took my husband from me.”

Sung Joon looked at me in shock.

“So, she must have left me for your husband. After something happened to us, she...she..left me for someone else.”

That had me, that one detail in his story caught my full attention.

“Did..did...did you just say that something happened to the two of you?” I asked him.

“Yeah.”

I swallowed the dryness in my throat from my state of shock.

“If, if you don’t mind telling me. How long ago did it happen?”

“About 8 months ago when we went to New York. We had an argument the day after and after that, I never saw her again.” He explained.

I felt a feeling of relief, at least there is definitely a possibility that the child is truly Sung Joon’s child.

“Sung Joon-ssi, please listen to me. I know this sounds crazy, but there is a chance that you are the biological father of the child Ji Won is carrying.” I told him.

“What? But you said that your husband told you the test came out positive.”

“I know but I also know Kim Ji Won, she loves manipulating people. She likes trapping people in her web of lies. We need to go where we’ll get answers, we need to go to the hospital where she tested and ask the doctor.”

Sung Joon nodded his head and we both made our way to our cars. As I started the engine, I prayed, hoping that my intuition is right because I’m not giving up on my love for Joongki.

………………………….............................................................................................................…..

“Tell us what you know please.” I begged the doctor sitting in front of us.

Sung Joon and I arrived at the hospital about 20 minutes ago and quickly searched for Ji Won’s obstetrician.

“I already told you. I am not entitled to disclose any of my patient’s information.” She refused.

Sung Joon stood up and started to look intently into the doctor’s eyes.

“C’mon just tell us what you know. You wouldn’t want a handsome man like me to be angry at a woman like you. You’re definitely my type.”

The woman blushed and sighed.

“Fine. I’ll tell you what I know.”

Sung Joon smirked and sat back down next to me.

“Ji Won asked me to mess with the DNA results. The real results were negative but at the time, I really needed money so I did what she told me to. I faked the results because she wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter