2

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I almost choked from my wine after hearing what Joongki just said. Thankfully, Yuri helped me get out of the situation by taking me to the restroom.

"Does your brother want to die before this night is over?" I asked her as I grabbed some paper towels to wipe my dress. Well, there goes my 5,000 dollars, I definitely picked the wrong day to wear white. 

Yuri laughed and grabbed some more paper towels for me.

"This is not a laughing matter Song Yuri!" I yelled.

"Geez. Calm down eonnie. In a way he was telling the truth. You are still married under the law because neither one of you ever filed for a divorce." she replied.

I thought about what she said for a moment, she was right, I left without ever asking Joongki for a proper divorce. 

"Thank you for reminding me Yul. I will quickly file for a divorce tomorrow before I go to work." I said to her as I finished wiping my dress, I was about to leave the restroom when she held my arm.

"Eonnie, come home to us. I know you and my brother didn't end on good terms but I know that he cares very much about you. Otherwise, he wouldn't have just done that. I know him eonnie, I know when he's being sincere and when he's being stupid. I lived with the man for the 26 years I've been alive. Please, just give him a chance."  reasoned Yuri.

It hurts for me to see her this way, she looks like she's about to cry. And I hate when she feels sad because she's the little sister I've never had and on top of that, she's my best friend. But, my heart tells me otherwise, just the mere thought of loving Joongki again aggrevates the pain that I've repressed during the past 7 years.

"Yuri, I understand where you're coming from but what happened between me and your Oppa is just too painful. I haven't had the courage to even try falling for someone else for the past 7 years that I've been gone. I love your brother but this love is also pain, sometimes we realize that it also hurts to love. You and I both know that he didn't marry me for love and we both know who he truly loves. Let's stop lying to ourselves Yul, or else, we'll go back to the painful pursuit of that perfect life I once wanted to live with your brother." 

My tears were about to fall but Yuri stopped them when she finally smiled again.

"We should go. This night must be too much for you already. I'll take you home, it's getting late." 

I nodded my head and clung onto her arm as we left the restroom. 

The dance floor was now open and everyone forgot about the announcement, they were all intoxicated by alcohol and are too busy dancing to notice anything. I decided to say my farewell to Mr. and Mrs. Song before Yuri takes me home.

We found them laughing at their table while they watched the guests dance.

"Omma. Appa. Kyo-eonnie is leaving now." said Yuri.

Her parent stood up and turned towards our direction. Mrs. Song had a disappointed look on her face.

"Why are you leaving so soon lovely Kyo? You should dance a little bit before you go." said Omma.

"I'm so sorry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter