13

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Australia was such an unforgettable experience. The waters of the beach in Tangalooma were so clear that you could see the creatures and plants that grew on the ocean floor. The waves were strong but they also felt refreshing and they were majestic to sea. The food was so delicious especially the beef and I’m a er for good meat. The people were very welcoming that we felt like we lived in Australia even though it was only 5 days that we were there. Most of all, Lorraine and Jinki were able to bond with their father.

I smiled watching my children sleeping in the back of the car. They must be so tired because of our 5 am flight back to Seoul and they didn’t really get much sleep the night before. I turned to my side and saw Joongki sleeping. He should be tired because the twins kept him up.

I volunteered to drive us back home since I actually got some sleep. I turned my attention back to the road and I thought about the moments Joongki and I shared while in Australia. I felt a small flutter inside my heart, I could tell that my cheeks were turning pink. Maybe, just maybe, I’m healing. And Joongki is actually the treatment to the pain he caused. If this is true, then he should get an answer to his question soon. 

“Guys, get up. We’re home.” I said as I parked the car.

The twins rubbed their eyes and Joongki just opened his eyes. I looked at him, something doesn’t seem right, I touched his forehead, he was burning up.

“You’re sick.”

“Wow. Thanks for the insult.” He replied.

I rolled my eyes and hit his arm.

“I meant you have a fever. We should take the kids to your parents so they don’t catch your thing. Yuri has already told your parents about them and they’re dying to see them since they just came back from their trip.”

Joongki groaned and got out of the car to get the bags. I dialed Yuri’s number on the phone and asked her to pick up the twins.

By the time Yuri got to our house, everything was unpacked and organized. While Joongki and the twins were asleep once again.

“I brought some soup. Omma says it’s cold so you guys should have something warm. Oh, and turn on the heater in this house.” said Yuri as she came in.

“Thanks. I’ll bring this to the kitchen. Wake up the kids. I’m sure their grandparents are eager to see them.”

“Are they! My mother bought all kinds of toys and clothes when she found out about them. They have their own room in the house too.” said Yuri as she nudged the twins.

I laughed and gave her the bag of snacks that the twins like as well as their extra clothes.

“Bye Mommy.” said the twins as they stood up to hug me.

“Bye guys.” I told them as I gave each of them a kiss and a hug.

“Thanks Yuri. Send my greetings to Song Omma and Song Appa please.”

“No problem. You and Oppa have ‘fun’.” 

I slapped Yuri and glared at her then glanced at the children.

She smirked and winked at me as she left with the kids.

I shook my head as I closed the door. I headed upstairs to see that Joongki was shivering. 

He was still in his outside clothes, he probably just crashed on the bed.

I took his shoes off and for the sake of emergency, I took his clothes off leaving him in his T-shirt and his boxer shorts. I joined him in bed and used my body to warm him up. The heater was cranked up anyway so I didn’t feel cold.

“You...know...you’re...turning...me...on.” He said through his shivers.

“You’re sick and all you’re thinking about is that?” 

I hugged him tightly and covered us with the blanket.

I watched as he calmed down and slowly fell asleep. He turned towards me and hugged me back. I smiled watching his sleeping figure, before I knew it, I also fell asleep.

I was dreaming, and in my dream, I was eating something sweet. A cupcake or ice cream, I wasn’t sure but it tasted great. Suddenly I bit my lips and my eyes jerked open. I wasn’t eating something sweet, it was Joongki kissing my lips. And he just bit them so that I would open my mouth which I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter