3

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since the day I told Yuri about the twins, she's been visiting me more often. I asked her what excuse she keeps on using on her parents and she says it's always the fact that she wants to get some baked goods from me which passes since Song Omma really misses my pastries.

"You're lucky that your excuse still works on your parents. One day, they're going to worry for your health since you always say that your getting desserts from me." 

"I don't have to worry about that. Omma and Appa are obsessed with your macarons and they keep on telling me to get some more. They even want me to try getting you to move back in and work as their personal chef."

"Yul, you know that can never happen. Specially with the twins around." 

"Speaking of which, when are you going to tell their father about them?"

I looked at the twins who were playing in our backyard. Yuri came over to bring some new toys she got for the twins and we sat on the seats in my patio to have some coffee. 

I didn't know how to answer her question, I want to tell Joongki about the twins but at the same time, I am afraid. Fear of the unknown has overtaken me, if Joongki finds out there is a great possibilty for me to lose the twins. Being the only parent who raised them during the past 7 years, even being away from them for 7 hours because of work is difficult. As a parent, it is bliss when I have the whole weekend to spend with my two angels. It's only a matter of time before they grow up, time goes by so fast. I hope that by the time they can think for themselves, I would have already introduced them to their father.

"Eonnie?"

"Sorry, I was thinking about your question. I don't have a definite answer for you yet Yul but I meant what I said. That I want to give Joongki the opportunity to be a father to them. I'm just not sure when that time would come." I explained.

Yuri sighed and took a sip of her coffee.

"I can only do so much to persuade you eonnie but please don't shut your heart completely. Please have some space for Oppa because he is totally different from the Joongki you used to know. Both of you have grown and I really do think that if you patch thingd up, you'll be able to look past your bitter history."

I took a sip of my coffee and no longer replied to Yuri since she started playing with the twins again. I wondered what Joongki was doing, how he's doing, if maybe just maybe, we can attempt to try what we lost in the past. At this point it's still an idea that I can't consider but I have thought about the possibilities. Is there even a shred of love in his heart that could possibly be for me? Or is it still her, the girl that broke us apart.

So many questions are bouncing around in my mind, the more important concer I have as of this moment is the twins. That's right, the attempt that I'm making is for the twins and not for myself. Therefore, I must take my personal feelings out of this situation and focus on the twins, on what's good for them.

Yuri's POV

I watched as Hyekyo-eonnie sat on the porch thinking about probably what I just spoke to her about. I know that she must have felt so much pain in the past because of my brother but now I really do think that they have a chance to be happy together. I want to tell her what happened after she left, what happened to my brother the d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter