14

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wasn’t ready to go back, as much as I wanted to see my children, I had no idea how to address Joongki.

I can’t pretend that nothing happened, certainly not in front of our children. I’ll be reluctant to make any contact with Joongki and they’ll start asking questions.

Why did I have to see her message? Why would she return at the moment where my heart has once again yearned for Joongki’s presence? It’s like she poured salt into the cuts I’ve started to heal and made them worse.

I thought it started raining as I saw droplets of water on my forearm but it turns out they came from my moist eyes. They won’t stop, I’m showing a sign of weakness. 

Raising my hand to wipe the tears away, a handkerchief landed on my palm before I could touch my face. I dabbed the tears away and turned towards its owner.

“Thank you.” I told him.

“My pleasure. It pains me to see a pretty woman like you crying her heart out here. Care to share your problem?” He asked.

“No offense but we just met. Anyway, thank you for this but I should really get going. My children are waiting for me.” I told him as I stood up.

“Pardon me. I didn’t know you were already taken. Your husband is one lucky fellow, may I at least have the honor of knowing you name?” 

Any lady who met a man like this would be creeped out but he doesn’t seem to be that type. His kindness seemed to be genuine and his eyes showed empathy.

“Song Hyekyo.” I told him.

“Sung Joon.”

“Nice to meet you Sung Joon-ssi. Thank you again. I have to go but I trust that we’ll see each other again since I met you here.” 

“Til we meet again Hyekyo-ssi. This place is also where I go to get some air.” 

I waved to him and made my way to my car. I’m making a move for my children. I’m deciding to face Joongki for my children.

It was already midnight when I arrived at the Song Residence, it wasn’t until half an hour into my drive that I opened my phone and saw the substantial amount of missed calls and text messages I’ve received from Yuri and Joongki.

The doors opened and I found my children playing Baby Jaeyeol and Hyojin-eonnie. While Song Omma and Song Appa were watching them from the sofa. The twins ran as they glanced at me and the 3 siblings followed behind them. 

“Eonnie, where have you been? We’ve been calling you for like 3 hours now. We were worried sick for you.” Chastised Yuri.

“I know and I’m greatly sorry for not informing you about my location. I needed to do some thinking.” I explained.

Not once did I glance at Joongki but I could feel he was looking at me. 

I drew my attention to In Sung-oppa and Hyojin-eonnie. I didn’t know that they already came back from their vacation. I gave both of them a hug and kissed the crown of Baby Jaeyeol’s head. 

“You must be tired Hyekyo-ssi. Go shower and have some dinner. I hope you don’t mind staying in Joongki’s room. The twins will be sleeping with Yuri and the guest room is for In Sung. Yul, please lend your eonnie some night garments to change int

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter