Lucky Number Three

Bus Rides & Sleepy Misses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

 

Kyungsoo's had a long day. First, he decided to lend his mom his car for the week because her car's in the shop getting fixed, and so he's been taking the bus to get to places today. Then, his groupmate Soo-Jung didn't show up for class today, skipping for reasons unknown. His drama teacher fortunately gave his group an extension and so now his group and him are going to perform their play in two days. Even though he'd had wished that there would be some way to push the date of their play performance to a later date, now that it's the reality, he finds himself just wanting to get the play over with already.

 

On top of all that, as what he thinks is ty luck--he saw Jongin again for the second time ever, asleep on a bus of all places (a vehicle he hasn't ridden on since high school).

 

But, maybe the universe doesn't completely hate him, he thinks, as he walks into the candy aisle of the local Korean store he likes going to. Because as soon as he walks into the aisle, he spots Jongin all the way at the other end, looking at a shelf.

 

Immediately, Kyungsoo wants to laugh cynically at this situation. Because he feels like there has to be more to this, like he'll get struck by lightning or something before he can even approach Jongin. But he doesn't want to wait two weeks until he somehow sees the cutie again, so he walks a bit down the aisle and pretends to look at the candies in front of him, when really he's looking at Jongin through the corner of his left eye. And though his glasses don't extend to the corner of his eyes, and everything is blurry because of that fact, he feels giddy to see that Jongin's looking back at him now.

 

Kyungsoo tries to look nonchalant and pretends to not to know that Jongin's there as he turns his head towards him. He then feigns shock as best as he can, and his mouth drops open a bit, not from acting but because damn--Jongin looks even hotter than the last time he saw him.

 

"Hey, um, have we met before?" Jongin asks, blinking.

 

Kyungsoo scrunches his eyebrows together in confusion. He's definitely the same guy...right? Unless he has a twin or...amnesia--holy say something--

 

"Uh, yeah--at the mall, right?" Kyungsoo responds. "Wait, can you come closer so we're not talking to each other from far away?"

 

Jongin seems to consider this for a second and then walks closer to Kyungsoo until they're standing about an arm's length away from each other. "So, uh, your name's Kyungsoo, right?" Jongin asks, softly.

 

Kyungsoo can't help but smile, internally rejoicing at Jongin remembering his name and sounding so y as he says it. "Yeah," he replies, smiling up at him. "And you're Jongin, right?"

 

"Yup," Jongin says, grinning back at him before he points in awe to the basket that Kyungsoo's holding. "Wow."

 

Kyungsoo looks down at his own basket and then looks back up at Jongin, eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Huh?"

 

"That looks like it'd weigh a ton."

 

Kyungsoo gives a short chuckle and lifts the basket up and down with ease. Though it's filled with large vegetables, sauces, oils and noodles, it really doesn't weigh that much to him. But, he sees how it looks like it could. "You wanna try holding it?" he then asks, holding it out to Jongin. Before he mentally face-palms because really, who asks that?

 

Jongin blinks and mumbles an Okay though before placing his own basket on the floor and reaching to grab Kyungsoo's basket. Kyungsoo moves his fingers from the basket's handles to the bottom of the basket, further showing his arm strength and leaving Jongin openly gaping at him. He then finds himself giggling as Jongin takes the basket by the handles with his eyes widening dramatically.

 

"Yup, I was right," Jongin declares, his arm muscles flexed hard as he seems to struggle to even hold the basket handle with both hands. "This weighs too damn much."

 

Kyungsoo watches with amusement, admiring the sight of Jongin in front of him, looking both cute and y at the same time. And in an instant he starts imagining what it'd possibly be like to hang out with Jongin. Maybe they'd play billiards and he'd help Jongin learn how to strike the cue ball at the perfect angle, or maybe they'd go bowling, his hand over the other's hand and...

 

"Uh, Kyungsoo?"

 

Kyungsoo blinks in shock, realizing he'd started to daydream while staring at a confused Jongin.

 

"Welcome back to earth," Jongin teases before looking at someone behind Kyungsoo. "Um, you might wanna move a bit."

 

Kyungsoo turns around and immediately locks eyes with a middle-aged woman standing behind him who glares at him and mutters an Excuse me. With a sheepish look, he quickly steps aside and goes closer to Jongin, who he notices is still struggling to hold his basket.

 

"Uh, I can take it back now--the basket, I mean," he then says.

 

"Oh, yeah, hah I dunno know why I'm still holding this," Jongin responds with an embarrassed chuckle.

 

Once Jongin hands the basket to him and he grabs the handles to hold it again, Jongin bends down to get his own basket and asks him if he wants to go a bit further down the aisle. Kyungsoo nods, and so they walk to the left towards the end of the aisle where Jongin was originally at.

 

"So," Jongin starts.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter