Ups & Downs

Bus Rides & Sleepy Misses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

 

Early the next month, the day for a big old time at an amusement park some cities over finally arrives.

 

Everybody wakes up earlier than usual (well, except for Minseok who's the definition of an early bird) and go about their mornings in a quicker pace than usual. Namely, Soo-jung, Kyungsoo, and Junmyeon have to rush to get their things before starting up their rides and driving off to pick up the others.

 

For Soo-jung, it's fairly easy. She lives way out compared to the others so she only has to pick up Amber and her friend Jackson before waiting for her two fellow 'chauffeurs' to get to where she is so that they can follow each other as they drive.

 

For Kyungsoo, it's gonna take a bit more time to reach as he picks up Jongin, Yixing, Yixing's girl, and lastly Baekhyun. But ultimately, Junmyeon is the one who has the hardest time this morning. He had rented an eight passenger van last night to be able to pick up more people, which right now is turning out to be one of his more...regretful ideas.

 

He's just trying to focus on Kyungsoo's and Soo-jung's cars in front of him as the three of them drive in the same lane towards the park. But, seven different people talking and laughing and making a ruckus around him (namely Chanyeol and Jongdae), is causing him to get a headache. And they haven't even left the city yet!

 

He must be grimacing something fierce though, because not even a second after Luhan starts arguing with Sehun over what car brand's the best--Kris turns around in his seat to say something.

 

"Hey!" he booms, a real glare set on his face.

 

The other six pause their conversations to look at him, and Junmyeon glances at him as he continues to drive.

 

"Sheesh, you'd think you guys were in ing middle school..."

 

"Um, I take offense to that--" Chanyeol counters.

 

"What the frickity ever, man." Kris then tsks. "How the hell is Junmyeon supposed to drive when you guys are so freakin' loud back there, eh? Either quiet the down or we're turning this van back around. Got it?"

 

There's a moment of silence after that and Junmyeon fully expects for the others to start arguing with Kris. But to his surprise, as he glances at the others through the rear-view mirror, he finds that the others have already seemed to take the warning seriously. Just like that.

 

"Thank you," Kris says before turning back around.

 

Junmyeon continues driving, the other's conversations not really quiet but not as super loud as they were before. And his grip on the steering wheel soon loosens at this as he finds himself actually relaxing.

 

Next to him, Kris leans backwards onto the passenger's seat and glances out at the window with a bit of a smile on his face.

 

-------

 

Close to an hour later, they all finally make it to the amusement park and get okay'ed in. And Kyungsoo can't help but find Jongin adorable as the latter slightly bounces in his seat as they pull up to a parking spot.

 

The whole ride, heck even before today, Jongin's been all excited to come here. And it seems like he's gotten a good night's sleep for once too, judging by his energy.

 

When Kyungsoo parks and turns off the engine, he reminds the others to make sure that they've got their things before he gets out of the car first. Jongin comes out next, looking handsome as always, even as a huge bug flies to his face and he frantically swats at the air.

 

Kyungsoo ends up forgetting about the others for a second as he walks around to Jongin's side to take out a random string that got on his hair. Jongin watches him before he gives him a soft smile and a Thanks and Kyungsoo softly grins in return. And Baekhyun just watches them with an amused smirk on his face before they (including Yixing and Tia) all jump at the loud Are you ready?! that Chanyeol, Jongdae, and Luhan chorus as the others come over to them.

 

Sehun laughs as he and Zitao go over specifically to Jongin and his boo, and the others naturally clique up as they all head to the park's ticket lines.

 

And because Baekhyun's the best planner out of all of them, they all make it in quicker than they would've if he hadn't brought their printed tickets with him. Then, once their bags get checked and a few of their snacks confiscated (which Chanyeol complains about right after and Jongdae laughs at), they're all finally inside the park.

 

Then, after a bit more of talking and looking around, they split off into two groups, with Baekhyun, Jongdae, Chanyeol, Soo-jung, Amber and her friend heading towards the water-park side while the others head towards the other part of the park.

 

-------

 

Since it's already June, this means that it's Pride Month. And so, some of them decided to wear some pride colors if they had any in their closet. On the roller-coaster side, Kyungsoo and Jongin both have on bracelets with either the word pride engraved onto them and/or rainbow colors. (And according to Jongin, apparently good panual bracelets cost like three times the price of a rainbow one.)

 

Minseok, Junmyeon, Kris, Yixing and his girl aren't really wearing anything specifically for this month. While the other three (Sehun, Zitao, and Luhan) practically went all out.

 

Luhan's wearing a Pride shirt, jeans and some rainbow-colored shoes while Zitao has his nails painted rainbow colors, a matching tye-dye shirt, ripped jeans and shoes on, and his eyes done with winged tips and all. But, Sehun. Sehun basically stands out the most because he has on a Pride shirt (with some capris and sandals), painted nails, rainbow eye-shadow and his hair's dyed in rainbow colors.

 

So all in all, they do get stares as they walk towards the first ride. But they also get some smiles and a few people walking up to them to talk or to take pictures with the tallest four because they apparently look like models.

 

And it's with prideful and ego-boosted smiles that they accept (with Kris informing the strangers that he actually is a model), and the other six watch them with varying expressions of amusement. Then, when the pictures are taken, the strangers chat some more with them a bit, talking about how they're visiting from another state or country and asking this and that.

 

While they chat, one of the guys comes closer to Kyungsoo and shyly tries to flirt with him. And Jongin immediately notices and smoothly (directly) huddles closer to Kyungsoo and clasps hands with him.

 

Even after they've parted ways with the strangers, Jongin's still glaring at the back of the other person's head.

 

"Jonginnie, I think he got the message," Kyungsoo says with a chuckle.

 

Jongin then turns to him with a bit of pout and Kyungsoo just smiles and pats his cheek.

 

-------

 

Ahead of them, Zitao, Sehun, and Junmyeon are hyping each other up as they get to the first ride. It's a swinging chairs ride, and one that instantly makes Luhan feel nauseous at the thought of it. He's obviously not gonna go on any of these tall, scary rides. So, he just waits for the others until the ride ends.

 

Maybe one day he'll try to overcome his fear of heights, but today's definitely not that day. Especially at an amusement park that's kinda known for having rides break down while people are in mid-air.

 

Fortunately, they soon go on a few rides that Luhan can actually enjoy, like a spinning teacups ride (that leaves Kris feeling nauseous afterwards), and some bumper cars 'ride'. Then, after Kris, Zitao, and Sehun stay behind a bit to wait and play/watch some basketball at this one area, the others go on ahead towards the first actual roller-coaster.

 

The line for it is so long though that Minseok's pretty sure he could age to eighty before he reaches the actual ride. And Luhan's already decided to pretty much stick to his side, so after telling him that he wants to go to another ride, Luhan lets out an Okay.

 

"Hey, we're gonna keep walking a bit," Minseok announces before he and Luhan get out of the line and walk off towards wherever.

 

The others basically chorus out an Alright--still looking hyped up/nervous as they wait.

 

Minseok and Luhan walk in a bit of silence, glancing at their surroundings for not even a full minute, before Luhan lets out a Yes!

 

"Huh? Wha--wha?" Minseok asks, eyebrows raised.

 

Luhan just chuckles and points to the direction of a go-cart race track. "I didn't know they'd have this thing here! Wanna race with me, Min?"

 

Minseok smiles at Luhan's finally excited expression and says, Sure. So after paying for one round (to try it out) and waiting in line for a bit, the two walk up to separate go-carts and climb in.

 

"May the best man win," Luhan says before winking and Minseok gives him a cheeky snort.

 

Then, after the attendant checks to make sure that everybody's buckled in, another one higher up in a tower starts the countdown via a traffic light. And once it turns to green and the people in front of them drive, the two of them drive off too.

 

Minseok feels like it's fairly similar to driving a normal car; turns here, turns there, the wind in his hair, some fuel at the back that helps everything really go. But, it's the way that Luhan shouts into the air, his hair flying back as he zooms by, that gets him to actually have some fun.

 

Other people either drive casually or drive like they're in a zombie apocalypse for about five more minutes until they reach the starting line again and the engines cut off.

 

"Man...if I could just drive a go-cart everywhere--I so would," Luhan says once they've gotten out and walk back to get another ticket.

 

"But you'd still need a license for that though."

 

"Oh, Min. How're ya just gonna crush my dreams like that, huh?"

 

Minseok chuckles and is about to say something else when he spots Sehun's vibrant hair out of the corner of his eye.

 

"Yo yo yo!" Sehun calls out as he, Kris, and Zitao get closer.

 

"Yo! Didya see the others?" Luhan asks them.

 

"Yeah they're still in line," Sehun replies, laughing at the end. "I feel like Junnie's gonna grow a beard by the time they actually make it to it though hahaha."

 

"What about you guys?" Kris asks.

 

"Goin' for another round," Minseok responds with a half-smile. "Y'wanna try it?"

 

Both Sehun and Zitao then say that they're in while Kris says that he's gonna opt out.

 

"Heh, you still feeling dizzy?" Luhan asks him, as he watches Zitao pay for his and Sehun's tickets.

 

Yifan yawns. "Nah--just feel like sittin' down."

 

"But you'd be sitting down the whole--ya know what, whatever."

 

The other four then walk over to join the line while Yifan sits down on a bench nearby.

 

"You sure you don't wanna join?" Zitao asks him in Mandarin.

 

"Yup. I'll just watch," Yifan replies offhandedly before taking out his phone to search the internet.

 

-------

 

Over at the water park side, Baekhyun's having the time of his ing life.

 

The amount of tubes and slides and other fun attractions that he and the others have been to is insane. And not to be thirsty...oh, who's he kidding. The thirst is so real with all these hot women and men around them.

 

Yep, right now he's just living his life, getting a cool-down and nice views.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter