Holiday Jesters

Bus Rides & Sleepy Misses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

 

Chanyeol's exchanging gifts with his older sister and his mom around the same time when suddenly he gets a shiver down his spine. His sister lifts an eyebrow and asks him if it's too cold or something and he shakes his head no.

 

"I..." he says, lifting his head dramatically. "I think I feel a disturbance in the force."

 

His sister instantly bursts out into laughter at his crappy acting while their mom watches them with an amused smile on her face. "What kind of disturbance?" his sister asks, playing along.

 

Chanyeol gives a lopsided smirk of a smile and clears his throat and closes his eyes for a second to try to get back into acting mode. He then tilts his head to the side like he's seen his friends do when they had practiced speeches to him in the past and tries to assume a serious expression when he whispers, The cold kind.

 

"Oh gosh," his sister laughs while clapping.

 

Their mom joins in with them and the presents are set aside and forgotten as they give their attention to the youngest of the house as he tries to come up with funnier gags.

 

-------

 

"Merry Christmas!"

 

Yixing smiles after he and Tia (the woman he's been talking to) exchange the same greeting at the same time. He and his family are currently visiting his (not blood-related) aunt and cousin today, and so he and his dad are sharing a guest bedroom while his grandma has her own room to herself.

 

Not wanting to wake his dad up, Yixing quietly gets up to leave the room while Tia asks him how he is, and he whispers back his answer while grabbing a coat and putting on some slippers to head to the place's balcony.

 

"You just woke up? So..." She trails off for a moment. "I'm the first person you called then?"

 

"Yeah," he whispers with a smile slowly forming.

 

"Oh."

 

He hears scratching on the other end and smiles as he imagines her blushing from the tips of her ears to her cheeks. They then continue chatting for a little bit before ending the conversation with reluctant Bye's. Yixing lets out a small sigh afterwards and looks up to watch the snow fall for a good moment before heading back inside to get some more sleep.

 

He'd actually woken up from his father's snoring and ended up calling Tia first thing to hear her voice (and flirt), but really, he's still like half-asleep. So, he drags his feet a bit as he takes off his coat and slippers and returns them to their places before returning to his room and slumping face-down onto his bed while his father continues to snore.

 

With a groan, Yixing climbs further up the bed and grabs his pillow to cover his head and ears as he tries to sleep. Surprisingly, it works and he's soon out like a light.

 

-------

 

Around the same time, Taemin's sleeping in his bed when he gets a text on his phone and wakes up with a groan as it vibrates right on top of his chest where he last left it.

 

It's Jongin, who only texted him five excited-looking smileys with party-popper emoticons at both ends of the message. Usually, Taemin would understand what Jongin's getting at with any kind of message from the latter, but, he's just woken up and can barely remember what day it is, much less figure out the context of a text.

 

After his phone shows that he read the message, Jongin calls him a few seconds later and he picks up while getting up to sit on the edge of his bed.

 

"Taeminnie--I did it!" Jongin exclaims, sounding way too cheerful for the morning. "Oh, and Merry Christmas haha."

 

Taemin scratches at his own scalp while wishing Jongin the same and then asks him what he did while yawning.

 

"I asked him out!"

 

Taemin takes a moment to try and remember who Jongin would probably even mean amongst the fog in his head as he tries not to fall back asleep. He scratches at his nose while thinking but comes up short when it comes to guessing who Jongin means. So, he just says, Congrats before letting out another yawn.

 

"Ahehe thanks--I'm just ahh." Jongin continues to let out excited noises and Taemin decides to get up after letting out a long exhale. "He said Yes--can you believe it? We're dating now! A couple--ahh."

 

"Mm," Taemin murmurs while walking to the nearest bathroom to splash some water on his face. He just realized who Jongin's talking about. "Good on ya, man."

 

"Aww can't you be a little more excited for me?"

 

Taemin scoffs softly. "At this time in the morning?"

 

Jongin lets out a whining noise at that and Taemin lets out a sigh and quickly adopts an over-exaggerated voice. "Actually, what am I saying? I am so ing happy for you. You absolute ing stud!" Jongin starts laughing on the other end and Taemin continues his sarcastic spiel. "Getting a boyfriend on Christmas day? So ing bad-, man...Golly-gee! I just can't believe I'm in your presence, oh-great-one. Please, teach me your freakin' ways so that I may get to your level of awesomeness. Also. Father my children," Taemin ends with an eye roll.

 

Jongin lets out an Ew! at the end part while continuing to laugh in a high-pitch. And Taemin ends up smiling himself at his best friend's dorkish laughter but continues speaking in a monotone tone. "Really. My crops are cleared, my pores have flourished away, and the river flows within you."

 

Jongin ends up choking on air at how hard he's trying not to laugh too loud on the other end and Taemin ends up laughing too.

 

-------

 

When Soo-jung gets woken up around the same time, her gift is her older sister Jessica telling her with wide eyes that she's pregnant.

 

Soo-jung's jaw drops and she jumps out of bed to hug her while shouting Seriously?! Jessica hugs her back but Soo-jung feels her body slightly trembling and pulls away to see what's wrong. Instead of tears though, she sees Jessica with her lips in, and with furrowed eyebrows, wordlessly asks why she looks like that before Jessica lets out a laugh.

 

"I didn't think you'd react like this."

 

"What do you mean?" Soo-jung says, crossing her arms at the way that Jessica's smile is getting awkwarder.

 

"Eheh...early April Fools?"

 

Soo-jung gapes at her and Jessica pats her shoulder and apologizes while laughing before Soo-jung finally reacts by grabbing her pillow from her bed and chasing a laughing Jessica around her bedroom.

 

"You ! I actually believed you!" Soo-jung screams at the top of her lungs.

 

She manages to land some pillow-hits on her older sister and Jessica ends up with tears in her eyes from all the laughing that she's doing. "Great! That means I'm a good drama teacher then!"

 

"Ah!" Soo-jung wails in frustration while still swatting at her sister who she's managed to pin underneath her on the bed. "Why would you even joke about that?!"

 

Jessica doesn't answer and continues laughing and apologizing while dodging the pillow hits, and eventually Soo-jung gets up and throws the pillow at her one last time. Then, she crosses her arms over her chest and glares at her sister.

 

"You ."

 

Jessica simply laughs while covering her own mouth with her hand.

 

-------

 

Some hours later, Minseok and Jongdae sluggishly walk out of their workplace and head towards the usual coffee shop. "Remind me again why we had to work today?" Jongdae asks in Korean as they walk. "Like seriously, look at all the snow!"

 

Minseok lets out a non-committal hum while watching the snow fall with a smile on his face. He's feeling just as tired since they both did the same work today but seeing the snow also brings out a kind of kiddish excitement from within.

 

Then, they turn a corner and walk in silence, lost in their own thoughts, before Jongdae sluggishly pul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter