Pre-Holiday Magic

Bus Rides & Sleepy Misses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

 

The next week, Junmyeon returns to his family home once again with a hopeful smile on his face and a suitcase full of clothes and other items. He's not afraid to admit how much he misses his parents whenever he's gone and feels extra excited since his older brother will be coming on Friday to visit until the second of February.

 

He's gonna pull out all the stops and go out as often as he can. No regrets and all that. Though, he still has a crap-ton of homework assignments to complete but eh, he'll get to those in the evenings.

 

And he'd schedule an outing with one of his friends today but, it's a Monday and practically everyone he knows either works, are out of town or are too lazy to go out and do anything. That and it took a while to drive here. So, with his eyes already fluttering shut, he heads towards his room, plops down onto his bed and quickly falls asleep.

 

His ma stops by sometime later and after seeing him curled up in his bed without any sheets, she brings a spare blanket and covers him with it before slowly closing the door behind herself on the way out. He wakes up at the sound and looks down at the blanket on top of him before curling in closer to himself and falling back asleep.

 

-------

 

The next morning, Yixing has just about had it.

 

He had let an elderly lady cut in front of him in the food line he's at and was fine with that. But what he's not fine with are ten rambunctious teens trying to cut in front of him without his permission.

 

"Hey," he says with a raised voice. They all turn to him. "Get to the back of the line."

 

Immediately, they start arguing with him about how he let that one lady cut in front and his mood sours even more.

 

"Yes, one lady," he grits out. "Not ten little es when I'm trying to ing get to work on time." Some of their eyes widen. "Now get to the back or I'm walking around you when the next person gets called."

 

The group of teens grumble and glare at him, but he glares right back until finally they relent when one of them says Come on, to the others and starts walking to the back of the line. They must be the leader of the group since one quickly walks after them and the other eight slowly follow. One of them say that he probably knows karate anyways and he rolls his eyes.

 

Once they're all gone, he lets out a sigh and feels a tap on his shoulder a second later and turns around. There he's met with the sight of a taller mixed-race man with a little kid in tow, maybe six or so, who asks, "Are you a..." He turns to the man, who tells him to sound out the word he wants to say, before turning back to him. "H-hyp-no-tist?"

 

Yixing's lips quirk in amusement and he looks at the man before looking at the kid and asking why he thinks that.

 

"You made them all do what you said, like a-a magician!" the kid exclaims with sparkling eyes.

 

Yixing laughs. "Maybe I am--" The kid breaks out into a awestruck grin. "--but wait, magicians never tell their secrets, right? So, forget I ever said that."

 

The man's watching them with an amused half-smile on his face and looks at the kid when the latter starts speaking excitedly to him in French. Yixing doesn't understand a of what they're saying though and so with a small smile, turns back around to face forward in the line.

 

A few more back-and-forth words from the two behind him and then he feels a tap on his shoulder again. He looks down at the little kid again with a curious double eyebrow raise and blinks when the kid asks when he became a magician. The next person in line gets called and he turns around for a moment to walk up before turning to look at the kid again. Then, he looks at the man again and silently wonders if it's okay to basically B.S. the kid and receives an encouraging smile from him.

 

So, while scratching at his scalp, Yixing simply says, "I guess I was born as one."

 

The little kid gapes at that and Yixing tries to stifle his laughter by bringing his lips inwards as the next person gets called in line. Then he turns back around and finds that he's next now. The person that was in front of him before must've left.

 

He's not gonna refuse this little gift from life though and so after saying goodbye to the kid and man, he walks up to the counter to order.

 

Then, after ordering the usual and paying in cash, he walks over to the other end of the counter to wait for his order and turns his head to look at the man and kid duo again. And he smiles when he sees the kid animatedly pointing to food items on the menu and telling the man to get them for him. Then when an order number gets called out, he turns his head back to the counter and watches as a woman walks up to get her order.

 

He ends up staring at the huge cleavage that's revealed by her low-cut shirt and quickly turns to look away when a man walks up to her and wraps his arm around her shoulders. The man gives him a small glare and Yixing pretends to be admiring the fake plants near the counter while the woman gives the man their drinks to hold while she carries their paper-bagged food.

 

Another number then gets called and he looks down at his receipt to see that it's his order. The couple leaves and he glances at the woman's through his peripheral vision while reaching for his drink that the worker set down for him. He barely even registers the Thanks, have a nice day that the worker says and starts taking q

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter