Coffee Date

Bus Rides & Sleepy Misses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

 

It's finally the day of Kyungsoo's date with Jongin, and after a reminder that he's hot, y and worth it from Baekhyun--Kyungsoo's dressed, cleaned and ready to go. So while holding onto a pair of black and white shoes in his hands, he leaves his bedroom and walks towards the front door to put them on.

 

Then, his eyes dart to the left when he notices In-sung and his uncle chatting about something in the kitchen and he pops his head in to tell them in Korean that he's going out and will be back later. In-sung wishes him well with a thumbs up and reminds him to stay calm while his uncle gives him a small, supportive head-nod. With a smile on his face, Kyungsoo leaves the kitchen to walk to the front door as the two go back to their conversation.

 

Once he makes it to the door though, he suddenly starts imagining many negative scenarios that could happen just on his way to the library-café and his stomach lurches as he mentally tries to drown out those negative thoughts with positive ones. He soon calms down and with a sigh, puts his shoes on the ground and bends down to put them on. Once they're on and he's tied the shoelaces into double-knots, he stands back up, rubs his sweaty hands on his jeans and pulls the door open to let himself out.

 

Then, his face immediately scrunches up as he feels just how cold it is, and he takes out his keys to lock the front door. After locking it, he speed-walks towards his car and quickly unlocks it before getting inside and starting it up. While he waits for it warm up a bit, he just sits there--reminding himself that he's got this and muttering to himself that there's nothing to worry about before he buckles himself up.

 

-------

 

It's about twenty minutes before two and Jongin's just stepping off a bus to walk towards the library-café. He nervously ruffles his hair for the umpteenth time today and then frowns and checks a store display window to fix it before he continues on his way. As he walks, he hums softly to himself to try and drown out intrusive thoughts and soon reaches the library-café's entrance.

 

He's never actually been to this place before but he's heard that the inside is magical. (Well, more like he read a review online of it.) Nevertheless, as he pulls the door open and walks inside, his jaw drops at the sight of the place's interior design. It's actually pretty simple; with some shelves to the left, a tiny café in the center, more shelves to the right and a hallway leading to restrooms. But, when he takes in a deep breath, it instantly reminds him of home.

 

So many books with various titles, that nice old-book smell wafting into his nose...He sighs happily and makes a mental note to visit this place again sometime.

 

Then while looking around, he wonders where he should sit to wait for Kyungsoo and brings an index finger to his bottom lip and pushes upwards. He then locks eyes with a worker behind the café counter and they avert their eyes to look at a bookshelf to their right. His lips stretch into a tight line and he decides to sit at a right-side table for the time being.

 

Once he's sitting down, he bounces his legs up and down to try and get rid of some of his nervous energy and looks around at the shelves near him. He then glances at the café worker again and they quickly look away again. Jongin pouts and looks away before taking out his phone to check the time.

 

Man, I'm really early, he thinks.

 

Then, he starts thinking of the ways that this date could go wrong and closes his eyes while shaking his head slightly to get any negative thoughts out. He's not even scared of how Kyungsoo could turn out during this date--just worries about himself possibly acting stupid or saying something too dorky. He and Kyungsoo have been talking and flirting easily these past twelve days but he can't help but wonder what made Kyungsoo even interested in him in the first place.

 

I'm not anything special...

 

He continues to pout and looks around at the surrounding shelves with his right elbow on the table and his chin resting on his palm, and gets lost in his thoughts for a while until he gets startled by his phone ringing in his jeans' left pocket. He takes it out and feels his heart beat faster after seeing Kyungsoo's name on the screen. Before he answers it though, he sits up straighter and takes his head off of his palm. Then, he presses the answer call button and greets Kyungsoo who replies back with a Hey in that warm, soothing voice of his.

 

Jongin subconsciously preens himself and asks Kyungsoo if everything's okay and Kyungsoo responds back that he was just wondering how he is. They chat for a bit, and at some point, Jongin in his lips while his cheeks won't go down.

 

"I'll be there soon, so uh see ya there," Kyungsoo says.

 

"See you here," Jongin replies, and then they end the call.

 

After that, Jongin places his phone in his lap and lifts his hands to his cheeks to squish them together. Ugh, I can't do this...

 

The sound of the entrance door opening a few seconds later gets him turning around to see if it's Kyungsoo or not, and he frowns when he sees that it's just a random teen. He then turns back around and reminds himself that Kyungsoo said Soon and not Now, and so decides to text Taemin to pass the time. He texts him an emoticon that looks like a smiley panicking and Taemin soon texts him back, telling him to stop being such a wuss.

 

He scoffs and texts back, I'm not a ing wuss and Taemin texts back, Hah sure.

 

They end up bickering via text and a few minutes go by before Taemin asks if he's still nervous. Jongin blinks after seeing the text, and realizes that, no, he actually feels calmer now. He replies with a Wtf, and Taemin replies with, Lol. Get that then. Make me proud!

 

Jongin laughs at that and then turns to the sound of the entrance door opening again. In an instant, his lips part, his mind goes blank and he's not even sure if he's breathing or not because Kyungsoo has just walked inside.

 

He looks so handsome that he could probably make a paper bag look good, with jeans that hug his just right, that nice nose of his holding those Harry Potter-esque glasses, those pretty dark-brown eyes glancing around the place, and those pink, plump lips of his parting slightly. Jongin wants to call out to Kyungsoo but his own mouth betrays him when he opens it because the only thing that he manages to let out is a soft, Wow.

 

Kyungsoo finally notices Jongin and his eyes widen for a second before he gives a light wave with his right hand, his lips stretching into a heart-shaped smile and his eyes crinkling. Jongin rubs behind his left ear and waves back, smiling as well and pocketing his phone. Then, Kyungs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter