Not Hungover

Bus Rides & Sleepy Misses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

 

Kyungsoo suddenly jolts awake, his mind automatically panicking over whether he missed his bus-stop or not. Looking out at the window, he sighs in relief after seeing a huge blue and white house near the intersection. (That house signals to him that he only has two more stops to go, since he's driven past it almost everyday on his way to school.)

 

The rain is pouring down hard now and he just watches the familiar scenery go by as the bus passes another stop before he lifts a hand to pull on the line. As he's about to pull on the line to signal his stop though, someone else on the bus pulls the line first. He then turns and notices Jongin, who's still sleeping next to him, and then remembers that they've been sitting next to each other, asleep, for most of this bus ride.

 

The bus stops to let people off again and he gathers his backpack into his hands and spares one more glance at Jongin before getting up and speed-walking through the back-doors of the bus--hoping that they don't close on him and make him have to get off at the next stop. He's not about to walk for five minutes just to get back to where his school is.

 

Once he's stepped off of the bus and onto the wet pavement, he quickly flips the hood of his poncho to cover his head with one hand while holding his backpack with his other hand. Then he turns, and looks at the back of Jongin's head as the bus drives off before he trudges towards his college's entrance.

 

-------

 

His phone vibrating in his pants pocket is what finally gets Jongin to wake up. His eyes flicker open, and he hastily reaches into his pocket for said phone and unlocks the screen to turn off his alarm before he checks to see if he got any new texts as well. Since he's on his way to work, and his work is a good distance away from where he lives, Jongin set an alarm according to the usual time it takes for his bus to reach his stop.

 

Looking at the time, Jongin notices he's right on schedule and so puts his phone back into his pocket. Then, he looks out of the window behind himself and marvels once again at the big art college that spans too many side-walk squares to count. He doesn't notice the man in the poncho who's practically stomping with anger at life nor does he notice said man's best friend who spots the angry man and puts an arm around his shoulder. Satisfied with his daily viewing of the school, Jongin turns back around and settles on watching the usual scenery pass by on the other side of the bus until his stop arrives.

 

Three long and dull stops later, he finally gets off the bus and sees that the rain is pouring down harder now. So, he quickly flips up the hood from his jacket onto his head and sprints towards work (a dance studio situated at a strip mall). Once he gets inside, he quickly steps out of his wet shoes and lugs his dancing bag towards the changing room to change into his dancing clothes and back-up shoes--passing by his co-worker and best friend, Yixing, who simply gives him a weak smile while at their shared desk area.

 

Once he's changed into some clean, dry clothes, he goes back out towards the main room (where the mirrors and stretching rails are) and walks over to Yixing, whose head is now resting on their desk.

 

"Hungover?" Jongin asks, smirking as he sits down in the chair next to him. Yixing groans and Jongin chuckles and rubs Yixing's upper back. "Why do you keep doing this to yourself, man?"

 

Yixing mumbles something and Jongin leans in closer, not having heard a word. "Huh?"

 

His head then jerks back in surpris

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter