Coffee Bros

Bus Rides & Sleepy Misses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

 

Around a half hour later, Minseok's getting ready to leave his job at the flower shop.

 

He first takes off his apron with a sigh before he dusts some dirt off of himself and then stares into space, thinking about some of the customers of the day. Like this one angry man who came in today trying to return a flower arrangement that he'd bought two days ago. He'd wanted to get his money back because his girlfriend, whom the flowers were for, is apparently allergic to pollen.

 

Minseok remembers, slightly grinning now, the expression his boss/the owner of the flower shop wore when she heard that customer's complaint. It's not uncommon for complaints like that to happen though and so many customers also come in trying to return flowers after say, a funeral or a wedding, thinking that they'll get a refund for some reason. His good friend and co-worker Jongdae always likes to tease those types of customers, pretending to ring up a refund and then printing out a blank slip of paper. He'll then slink off to the back when they ask for a manager, cackling and telling their manager about the latest stupid request of the day.

 

Minseok and Jongdae started working at this flower shop around the same time, two years ago. Though Jongdae's more of a loud, extroverted-introvert and Minseok's introverted and quiet--they quickly got along with each other. (Finding out that they were both born and raised in the same country was also a pretty good ice-breaker. Now they're good friends on top of being co-workers; hanging out when not at work and chatting with each other no matter the circumstance.)

 

But Minseok wishes that he could be more like Jongdae sometimes--cheery, helpful and willing to give anything a try. Instead, he's afraid of so many things, and is often so quiet that sometimes he feels like people forget that he's even there.

 

A call of his name snaps him out of his thoughts and he looks over to the source, Jongdae, who's over at the time-clock now--clocked out for the day. Jongdae's looking at him with concern and as Minseok walks towards him, the other man quietly steps aside to let him clock out. As he does so, Jongdae asks him if he's okay in Korean, and Minseok nods. Once he's done clocking out, Jongdae places an arm around his shoulder and asks if he wants to get some coffee now then.

 

It's their little ritual after a day's work--just going to their favorite coffee shop and chatting about things.

 

Minseok's mood rises a bit at that and he gives him a nod. So, after they both have all of their things, they say their goodbyes to their co-workers (who'll close the shop a tad later) before heading out. Fortunately, their favorite coffee shop is nearby (towards the end of this fairly-large shopping center/strip mall where they work at).

 

And as they walk on the sidewalk in front of each store they pass by, Jongdae and him continue to converse in Korean.

 

"So...how's the boyfriend?" Jongdae asks, playfully.

 

Minseok's face gets warm and he glances at the sparsely-filled parking lot to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter