Friday Hotpot

Bus Rides & Sleepy Misses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

 

The next afternoon, Luhan's at home on his couch, fondly smiling as he talks to Minseok on the phone while the latter is on his lunch break at a fast-food joint. They talk about the usual things before Luhan asks him how work's been so far and Minseok sips on some water before drily replying, Busy...as usual.

 

Luhan's grin grows at that as he can easily imagine the eye-roll that Minseok probably just gave. Then, he gulps when he hears Minseok take a bite of his food, and inhales deeply when Minseok lets out a blissful sigh. Whenever Minseok eats good food, he kind of acts like he's having a ual experience (not that Luhan actually minds).

 

"Lu?"

 

"Y-yeah, Min?" Luhan says, clearing his throat.

 

"Oh okay, you're still there. So what 'bout you? How's your day been so far?"

 

"It's been good...ahem, just chillin'...talking to you."

 

Minseok then says Hmm alright and lets out a loud burp before simultaneously saying Excuse Me and sinking down into his chair (judging by the sound in the background). Luhan laughs after Minseok mutters under his breath and tells him of how the cashier behind the counter definitely heard that. And he continues laughing as he listens to Minseok babble on about never being able to set foot in this fast-food place for at least a week--too scared of a lone cashier remembering him as that man who burped loudly that one time.

 

"Min," Luhan says, shaking his head slightly while smiling. "They wouldn't care."

 

Minseok scoffs and jokingly tells Luhan that he's hurt by that statement, and Luhan smiles and repeats himself in a less blunt manner--laughing when Minseok says something snarky in response. They continue talking and laughing with each other and soon Minseok finishes eating and gets up from his chair. Luhan then brings up this funny meme he saw online and sends Minseok a pic of the meme as he hears the sound of the chair getting pushed in towards a table. It takes a moment before he hears Minseok's beautiful-sounding laughter and he smiles fondly to himself.

 

As Minseok walks back to his work-place, he reminds Luhan to be ready when he comes to pick him later up for their (not described as, but totally is one) date and Luhan jokingly says, Yeah, yeah. Minseok frowns as he tells him that if he's not ready before he comes, he can take the bus then, and Luhan whines, Aw, you wouldn't do that to me~

 

"Watch me," Minseok says as he makes it to the flower shop and heads inside. Luhan laughs and Minseok shakes his head in response, a small smile on his face. "Gotta go now but...talk to ya later, okay?"

 

"Mhm, later, Min."

 

Before he hangs up, Minseok almost whispers, Love you, but refrains from saying that and instead just ends the call with reddened cheeks.

 

---

 

After the call ends, Luhan lets out a happy sigh and tilts his head up to look up at the ceiling. Talking to Minseok always does this to him.

 

He stares at the ceiling and imagines him and Minseok on a real date--the both of them holding hands on top of a table...Minseok leaning in closer to him...him asking Minseok to be his boyfriend......the whole she-bang. Thoughts like this are nothing new to him but instead of a lingering sadness that he'd feel after remembering his actual reality--this time he's a ball full of energy. Because for once in his life, he's gonna take life's lemons and make some sweet ol' lemonade!

 

Letting out a determined Woo! to keep himself pumped up, Luhan turns on his phone screen and dials Sehun's number to tell him what he plans to do. After a few rings, Sehun picks up and asks him what's up.

 

"Well uh--" Luhan furrows his eyebrows when he hears people talking in the background. "Wait, are ya busy?"

 

"Yeah, you kinda interrupted our date," Sehun says as he looks over at Zitao who's sitting across from him at their usual diner booth.

 

"--sorry." Luhan then frowns. "Wait, why'd you pick up then?"

 

"Because...unlike some crusty people--I have a heart."

 

"Holy , Sehun--let it go."

 

"No."

 

Across the table, Zitao frowns as he watches Sehun and Luhan argue for a bit about whatever. He almost feels like Luhan does this on purpose, managing to always call Sehun while they're out on a date. Like he doesn't dislike Luhan but being interrupted multiple times for something that's not an emergency is just downright annoying and rude.

 

Sehun listens on as Luhan finally tries to say what he called to say (in that roundabout way of his). Then a minute or two passes by, with Sehun letting out Uh-huh's and Mhm's before he suddenly lets out a small gasp.

 

"What?" Zitao asks, concerned. "What is it?"

 

"Holy ," Sehun breathes excitedly, and does a hand gesture that signals two males getting together romantically and/or ually.

 

Zitao's jaw drops and he gets up from his seat to scoot into Sehun's side of the booth. "ing finally!" he exclaims into Sehun's phone, not even caring of the looks from a family sitting in the booth next to theirs.

 

Sehun chuckles and tells Luhan that they should all have a party or something to celebrate afterwards, and Luhan laughs as he hears Zitao listing off outrageously expensive party items in the background. Soon, Luhan bids them goodbye and hangs up--seeming more pumped than ever. And Zitao returns back to his seat after Sehun pockets his phone.

 

"Wow...I can't believe they had ," Zitao whispers, reaching to grab for Sehun's hand on the table.

 

"Wait, what? I never said they did it," Sehun responds as their hands touch and Zitao starts to caress his hand.  

 

Zitao frowns. "Then why'd you do this?" He imitates what Sehun did with his fingers earlier.

 

"'Cause it's not like I know the hand gesture for 'he's finally gonna confess and I'mma probably be the best man at their wedding someday'," Sehun says, with a teasing smile.

 

Zitao rolls his eyes at that and Sehun just lets out an airy laugh.

 

-------

 

Some hours later, Luhan and Minseok are sitting inside Minseok's car--parked a little ways away from Luhan's home.

 

Luhan lives in one of the richer areas in town; big houses with nice porches and vast lawns aligned in a big cul-de-sac. (Instead of a straight road in front of each house, the structures are lined up in front of a curved road--only one way in and out.)

 

The Chinese hot-pot they had earlier was great as always and they smiled and chat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter