Lazy Day Sunday

Bus Rides & Sleepy Misses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

----

 

Two days later, Jongin's just waking up from his slumber, having gotten around twelve hours of sleep like he always strives to do during the weekend. Saturdays and Sundays are always his (and Yixing's) days off from work and so on those days, Jongin can sleep in as late as he wants without any repercussions.

 

It's around thirty minutes past noon right now and he's lying shirtless under his bed covers, rubbing at his eyes. He stares at his bedroom's ceiling, trying to recall the contents of the dream he just woke up from and vaguely remembers himself in a pink tutu, showing off his ballet skills to a Kyungsoo and then making out with him on the floor of his work's main room.

 

So, uh, yeah not a bad start to a Sunday.

 

He his bottom lip and sits up, removing his bed cover off of his lower body and swiveling his legs so that he's now sitting on the edge of the bed. Then, he reaches for his phone on his bed-stand as a force of habit and finds that he has one new text message that was sent about two hours ago. The text is from Kyungsoo, and he swallows his spit as he remembers his dream before he looks to see what Kyungsoo texted him.

 

Kyungsoo~: Hey, wanna go on a date next week?

 

Jongin's eyes are wide after he's done reading the text. Yeah, sure! he quickly texts.

 

He doesn't know when Kyungsoo will respond back but he has the stupidest grin on his face right now. So many date possibilities are now running through his mind and he wonders what their first date would be like and feels his own cheeks heat up at some of the scenarios that he's imagining.

 

Then, a sudden ding snaps him out of his thoughts and gets him looking back at his phone.

 

Kyungsoo~: Great, how's coffee sound?

 

Jongin's face scrunches up a bit. Coffee?

 

He can't stand the stuff, and no matter what kind it is, every time he's tried coffee hoping that it'll taste better...he's always been left feeling both disgusted and disappointed. But, he doesn't want to turn down Kyungsoo's suggestion just because of that. There are other items that he could order from a café, like tea or...cookies. He then imagines Kyungsoo's plump lips around the rim of a coffee mug and yep he can't just say no to this date idea.

 

Sounds great :). Have a date in mind for our date? he texts back before his grin morphs into a frown. He suddenly wishes that texts could be edited.

 

Thankfully, Kyungsoo texts back a few seconds later saying that he'd be free either Friday afternoon and Sunday afternoon and then asks when Jongin would be available.

 

Anytime for you, Jongin thinks, a dopey smile appearing on his face again.

 

He then refrains from actually texting that and thinks about his work schedule for next week. Only Tuesday and Sunday could work as date days for him. So, he texts back, How's next Sunday at around 2 sound?

 

Then, he starts worrying about Kyungsoo saying No because who goes on a date on a Sunday? But then Kyungsoo responds back with a Sounds Great and a cute emoticon that looks like a happy penguin and Jongin all but melts at this. (Especially since Kyungsoo told him a few days ago that he doesn't really like using emoticons.) Kyungsoo then texts the name of the café he'd like to meet Jongin at and Jongin confirms the plan with his eyes crinkling.

 

They soon flirt some more and text about other things; Kyungsoo revealing that he's getting ready to spend some time with his parents that live an hour away from him and then the topic changes to their families in general. Some more minutes of back-and-forth texting go by until Kyungsoo says that he'll talk to him later and Jongin wishes him a great day--resulting in Kyungsoo wishing him like-wise.

 

Jongin's stomach grumbles and he decides to go to the bathroom first before heading to the kitchen for something to eat. After setting his phone down on his bed-stand, he stretches his arms out above his head and slowly slides off to walk towards the bathroom across the hall. As he gets into the small corridor between the rooms, he hears the snippets of an American soap opera playing from the television in the living-room and smiles. His mom's probably watching it since she loves watching TV on her days off work.

 

Once inside the bathroom, he flips the light switch and is faced with his usual swollen face after waking up in the morning (or in this case, early afternoon). His eyes are slightly covered by his bangs and he has new pimples on his face but then he thinks about his upcoming date again and smiles, his eyes crinkling and a dimple forming in the side of his left cheek.

 

A moment later, after he's done using the bathroom, he goes back to his room to put on a shirt and then heads towards the kitchen for some food. The kitchen's directly next to the living-room and so he can spot his mom lounging on one of the couches, covered in a blanket and looking captivated by whatever's showing on the TV. He greets her while hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter