Riding on the Bus

Bus Rides & Sleepy Misses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Please let there be a free seat...

 

Jongin sighs to himself as he boards the same bus that he does almost everyday, on his way to work. He taps his bus card onto the fare machine and turns to the sight of full seats all around him. They're all occupied by young people, old people, a woman in a wheelchair, a blind man with a cane...Teenagers are chatting at the back, while a few adults are staring out the windows, lost in their many thoughts and worries, wanting to keep the ride lasting just a little bit longer.

 

He pouts and walks towards the back of the bus, maneuvering his way around the people standing near the bus railings and bringing his dancing bag closer to himself while doing so. Once he climbs the small steps leading to the seats at the back, he sighs and walks over to an open railing--reaching out his hand for support then steadying his feet into a more comfortable stance as the bus chugs along again. It's usually very awkward standing so close in proximity to someone else, but fortunately the person sitting in front of him is too busy texting on their phone to look at him.

 

He really hopes that at least one of the teens around him will have their stop come up soon, 'cause he seriously wants to sit down. He can feel the jolting rumble of the engine vibrating through the soles of his shoes, and pouts even more at the prime nap opportunity that he could've had--if only there was an empty seat. While still pouting, he glances down at the young teen sitting in front of him and maintains eye contact with them when they look up at him.

 

"Uh..." said teen starts to say, taken aback by Jongin's meek expression. "Are you feeling alright there, dude?

 

Jongin slightly shakes his head No and the teen kindly offers their seat to him. "R-really?" Jongin replies in shock. "Oh man, thanks."

 

Then, they quickly switch spots as he sits down and they stand up. The teen looks down at him before texting someone on their phone. "No problem, man. You looked like you were gonna cry if you stood up any longer anyways."

 

Jongin can only scrunch up his face at that.

 

------

 

Waiting at a bus stop a good three minutes away is Kyungsoo, on his way to college. He's dressed in all black; with a poncho on, his usual round black glasses perched on his nose, and a glare on his face.

 

Plentiful clouds loom overhead in the grey sky and he suddenly feels a sense of dread on what should've been just another sunny November day. Maybe his sense of dread is there because of group play-presentations being held today in his drama class. Or maybe it has to do with the fact that he's a main character in his group's play.

 

He, his best friend/group-mate Baekhyun, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter