Return

ARMS OF THE ANGELS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, here’s your morning coffee.” Bora slid the cup towards Taeyeon cheerfully.

 

Taeyeon didn’t avert her eyes from her phone. She was replying her wife’s message to do some errand before she came home.

 

“What are you doing?” Bora tried to sneak a peek.

 

“I’m married, Doctor Yoon.” Taeyeon locked her phone and sighed. “I’m sorry I can’t accept this.” She mentioned the coffee.

 

“I know you’re married.” Bora smiled uncomfortably. She really didn’t need that reminder. “It’s just coffee. You look exhausted so I thought you might need one.”

 

“I can get it myself.” She stated firmly. “I appreciate your consideration but I can’t accept this.” She handed the cup back. “Thank you.”

 

“…”

 

“Look Doctor Yoon, you’re my wife’s friend and I respect you for that. I don’t know what you’re trying to do but I think you’ve passed the boundaries.” After months of ignoring her resident action, she couldn’t take it any longer. She decided to come clean and end it right here and then.

 

“…”

 

“She says nothing but good things about you. Don’t disappoint her, Doctor Yoon. Good day.”

 

“Wait!” Bora shouted. “Did you tell her?”

 

“I hope I don’t have to.”

 

Taeyeon walked away from the nurse station leaving Bora broken hearted.

 

-----

 

Entering the six months, the triplets’ frequency of crying increased drastically. Their teeth were starting to erupt, causing unrecognizable pain for them. Special case for Venous, she lost her big appetite making her parents worried. She was the tiniest among all. Obviously, she needed the nutrient a lot more than Aorta and Artery. There was no way but to push her a little bit harder on feeding matter.    

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany took their children to their pediatrician for follow up and vaccination on schedule. According to their doctor, their growth and development charts were still in the perfect line. Both momma and mommy were relieved at that statement.

 

Mr. Lee gave Tiffany more time to consider her option. She was a good lawyer after all. Besides, she already had many loyal clients whom didn’t want anyone but her to handle their cases. He clearly didn’t want to lose his precious senior partner.

 

The old man even approached Taeyeon to persuade Tiffany to stay at his firm.

 

“Who’s calling you?” Sunny asked when they were having lunch. Taeyeon had been ignoring that certain call since the morning report.

 

“Fany’s boss.”

 

“Why would he call you?”

 

“Fany wants to quit but he won’t let her go that easy.” Taeyeon slurped her soup. “It’s not that she doesn’t like it there or something. She just feels bad for leaving so long and till now, she’s still reluctant to leave the triplets.”

 

“You should take it though. It’s not polite to keep him waiting like that.”

 

Taeyeon knew for sure what the phone call was about. She listened every word he said while holding her groan with much effort. She liked Mr. Lee. He was actually a nice boss but he started to get on her nerves.

 

“Alright, Mr. Lee. Thank you.”

 

“So?”

 

“Soonkyu, even though I have a say on this matter, it still will be Fany’s decision at last. She always dismisses it when I bring up about work.”

 

“I bet your kids do the wonder, huh?” Sunny giggled.

 

“They’re her main reason, yes. You should see her face every time my kids smile or laugh.” Taeyeon said dreamily. “She will not give it up for anything.”

 

“What about you?”

 

“Someone’s gotta make the living, dude.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes. “I’ve asked too much from her. It’s time for her to enjoy her own little world and I’m not going to take it away from her. This is one thing that I can’t take away from her.”

 

-----

 

Taeyeon didn’t leave a considerate space when she sat beside her wife on the couch. Her arm casually enveloped Tiffany’s shoulder and pulled her next to her chest. Despite a bit of protest, Taeyeon pampered her with kisses.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“Look at them, so cute.” Tiffany watched the video she recorded earlier happily. The triplets were starting to roll around, they smiled all the time and according to Tiffany, they began to recognize their parents.

 

Taeyeon grinned when she saw Aorta held her index finger tightly. She loved the feeling of his gentle skin against hers. There were a lot of videos Tiffany recorded. She had installed cameras in some places because well, why not? She couldn’t repeat this moment and she wasn’t sure she’d remember all details in the future.

 

After they finished watching, Taeyeon made her wife a cup of chocolate milk. Tiffany deserved it and maybe it could ease her off a little since Taeyeon was about to bring up a topic Tiffany had been avoiding.

 

“Babe?”

 

“I can see what we’re going to talk about just from the tone you’re using.”

 

Taeyeon bit her lower lip, “well?”

 

“Tae, will you be honest with me?” Tiffany looked at Taeyeon intensely.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Are we running out of money?”

 

“What?! We are?!” Taeyeon’s jaw dropped to the ground. “You have my account! Why didn’t you check it regularly! Oh my god!” She thought she had made enough. Now they suddenly had nothing, where would she find a loan? Her wife and babies needed food–

 

“I’m asking you, not giving a statement.” Tiffany laughed as she closed Taeyeon’s mouth softly.

 

“So we’re not running out of money?” Taeyeon quickly checked her bank account on her phone. Frantically logged into the application, she cursed under her breath when it took a while.

 

Taeyeon sighed in relief at the amount she had left.

 

“Hm, we can live more than enough for the next few months,” Tiffany commented behind Taeyeon’s shoulder.

 

“Babe, please don’t give me a heart attack.” Taeyeon nar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter