ARMS OF THE ANGELS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are you looking for?” Tiffany asked as she put her make-up. Taeyeon had been opening and closing the drawer, the closet, even her jewelry boxes. Ten minutes and she had not found whatever she was searching for.

 

“My ring. Where is it?”

 

Tiffany increased her brow, “your ring?”

 

“Yes. Where did you keep it?”

 

“Why are you suddenly asking for your ring?”

 

“I want to wear it.” Taeyeon pulled another box and took all the contents out. “Babe, you really have a lot of accessories.” Taeyeon lifted some necklaces and rings. “What are these?”

 

“It’s for investment,” Tiffany answered while applied the soft pink lipstick on.

 

“Really? I thought it’s your passion for fashion.”

 

“That, too.”

 

Taeyeon chuckled fondly, “so where’s my ring?”

 

“Babe, you don’t wear your ring for a reason. Why do you want to wear it today?” Taeyeon paused. She looked blank for a second before she glanced at her wife. “Is this about Catherine or do you have secret admires or something?”

 

“No. It’s not about that at all. I just,” she shrugged calmly. “I just want to feel close to you when I’m not with you.”

 

“We’ve been married for years, Tae. You took it off the day after our wedding day. What is it?”

 

Taeyeon approached Tiffany then bent down to give her a kiss on top of her head. She then rested her chin on Tiffany, staring at her through the mirror.

 

“I just want to be close to you.”

 

-----

 

It was lunchtime and she had nothing to do. She had finished her meal and the last meeting for today would be at two, so she spared herself some time to relax and see the family album to kill the hour.

 

She opened the first page – her wedding day. It was around six years ago. The weather was cold, the wind was unforgiving, nevertheless, it was the happiest day of her life. She made a vow to her best friend, a vow she intended to keep for the rest of her life. Her smile was so wide and free. She saw herself in pure joy. She finally made it. She had found the one – her best friend, her soul mate, her lover for infinity and beyond.

 

It was one heck of a journey. Fairly speaking, she wouldn’t have thought that they’d be able to get to this point in the beginning. They were different from head to the root. It was amazing how they managed to adjust and give up the selfishness in order to work it out. There were always new things to be discovered in Taeyeon every single day. She couldn’t get enough of her. Taeyeon was simply insatiable.

 

Then Tiffany flipped the next page – Cape Town. Their honeymoon. She enjoyed each seconds of it to the upmost. Two weeks of private time apparently weren’t enough. They spent the first week exploring each other’s body as if it was their first time. They literally made love all the time, fell asleep after, ordered room service then the circle repeated again and again and again.

 

Tiffany blushed at the memory. Taeyeon could pull the passion out of her effortlessly. In every touch, Taeyeon would leave a tingling sensation of desire and security that could drive her to madness. Taeyeon’s kiss sometimes so slow it frustrated her to no end. She was a perfect lover.

 

Then came the page of a pregnancy test showing the positive sign. It should have turned out weird but she couldn’t careless. She had counted – it was the fourth stick. Forth was the charm. This picture brought back so many memories of dullest period. Three times of failure plus unnecessary drama between her and Taeyeon were tough. But getting the triplets had paid it off. Three little angels finally came and greeted the world on 31st July four years ago. What an eternal blessing for her existence.

 

She remembered vividly that during her pregnancy, Taeyeon had this one particular favorite song. She sang it sometimes absentmindedly but often with an extensive grin on her face. The first time she heard it, Taeyeon was in the shower. Taeyeon must have thought that she wasn’t in their bedroom so she shamelessly sang on top of her lungs.

 

You’re having my baby

What lovely way of saying how much you love me

You’re having my baby

What a lovely way of saying what you’re thinking of me

I can see it your face is glowing

I can see it in your eyes I’m happy you know it

That you’re having my baby

You’re the woman I love and I love what it’s doing to you

 

Tiffany chuckled shyly. It had become her favorite song, too. Taeyeon would sing it whenever she asked, even now, when she obviously wasn’t pregnant anymore. Her wife was a good singer. She was still too embarrassed to admit it.

 

The next pages contained pictures of Taeyeon and the triplets. All pictures she had taken during the years. Most of them were candid. She treasured the one of the four of them sleeping like kangaroos the most. The triplets definitely had Taeyeon’s nose and somehow, her eyes.

 

“Thank god they all have your eyes.”

 

“Why?”

 

Taeyeon smiled gently with her eyes closed, ready to sleep, “your eyes are the most gorgeous creature I’ve ever seen in my entire life.”

 

In Taeyeon she obtained security and peace. Taeyeon had made her the happiest woman alive. She was the best gift from above.

 

Tiffany didn’t realize it had gone pass an hour. A knock on the door made her looked up from her current activity. Her secretary informed her that the client had arrived and waited for her upstairs.

 

After putting the photo album back to its place, Tiffany grabbed her phone and all necessities. She huffed a breath, checking her appearance in the mirror then smiled encouragingly to herself.

 

The neat black blazer that went along with the skirt and heels successfully transformed her into an intellectual looking woman. Confidence for the first impression was a must. It was how people believed in her.

 

As she shook hand with the new client, Tiffany could tell the man was a bit edgy. He was young, barely forty – probably around thirty-six or thirty-eight year old, but the wrinkle on his forehead was too visible.

 

“Good afternoon, Mr. Park.”

 

“Good afternoon, Ms. Hwang,” the man offered a weary smile. “My uncle had been praising you nonstop. You must have left him a great impression. I hope you can help me as well.”

 

“Thank you, Mr. Park.” Tiffany intertwined her fingers on the table. “How can I be any help to you?”

 

The man looked away. He frowned at the window, obviously trying to keep his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter