Tick-Tock

ARMS OF THE ANGELS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Aorta, Artery, Venous say hello to noonas and unnies. Bow. Greet them politely." Taeyeon let go of Venous and Aorta's hand so they could bow properly.

 

The triplet followed their momma's command and cutely said hello to Taeyeon's residents. It was something that those young doctors had never seen in Taeyeon. She was not the cold hearted, ruthless, Doctor Kim Taeyeon when she was with her children. She was merely Kim Taeyeon, the mother of Aorta, Artery and Venous.

 

"Hello!" The residents greeted them back.

 

"Good kids!" Taeyeon squatted to their level, giving triplets a kiss. "My babies are so cute!"

 

"Bye-bye!" The group of residents waved to them.

 

Taeyeon led the kids to the day care. Tiffany couldn't bring them to her office because, "court all day," Tiffany had said shortly this morning. She also left in hurry after a barely actual goodbye kiss.

 

Taeyeon stayed at the day care for a while. She watched the triplets played with other kids in there. At the corner of the room, she saw a scale. She was curious about her current weight. She had felt a little weightier. She also realized that she had eaten too much, double the usual portion. She’d blame the triplets for it but unlike her, they did need the nutrition.

 

Taeyeon gasped at the number that was showing on the digital scale. “Oh my god,” she whispered in horror. “This can’t be…”

 

Taeyeon buried her face in her hands, too terrified to accept the reality. She chuckled nervously at the revelation of her weight. The first digit had changed. 51kg, such a bad dream came true.

 

“Have momma gained weight?” Venous asked innocently. The young girl stood beside her momma, looking at the number. “Momma is really big!”

 

“Venous-ya, don’t say things like that,” Taeyeon laughed embarrassingly. “This is because Aorta, Artery and Venous always eat a lot.”

 

“Hm?” Venous tilted her head, not buying that statement.

 

“You guys eat really well. It makes momma gets hungry, too,” Taeyeon explained. “But momma will start the diet, okay? Will Venous help momma?”

 

“How?”

 

“We can visit the park more and do some workout. How’s that sound?”

 

“It will be fun since we can play at the park, right momma?” Venous spoke excitedly. Her grin extended to those pretty eyes of hers.

 

“Yes, it will, sweet heart. Now go play with Ve’s friends, alright? Momma will come visit again for lunch.” Taeyeon pulled her little girl and hugged her tight. She also bid temporary farewell to Aorta and Artery. The boys placed a sweet kiss on her nose. They even promised to have lunch together. There was a hazy intense mellow feeling for a brief moment. Taeyeon cleared and let them dashed off.

 

I’ll see them at lunch, Taeyeon thought.

 

-----

 

“Taenggo-ya!”

 

The head of cardio department stopped at her track. Turning her heels, Taeyeon increased her brow as Sunny ran towards her.

 

“Gosh, I’ve been running around so much this morning.”

 

“Where are you heading?” Taeyeon slipped her hands inside her lab coat. The two then walked slowly.

 

“ER. Got burn trauma patient. You?”

 

“Ward. I haven’t done my round.”

 

“I see. By the way, are you okay?”

 

Taeyeon frowned, “why would I not be okay?”

 

“Is Tiffany okay?”

 

“Lee Soonkyu, what’s with your question? We’re good.”

 

“Oh?” Sunny looked genuinely surprised. “I thought after yesterday event, she’s–” The plastic surgeon’s pager beeped loudly. “Shoot! The patient is here. I gotta run, Taeng.”

 

“Wait! Sunny what happened yesterday?!” Taeyeon shouted when Sunny sprinted off without further explanation.

 

“Talk to you later, Taenggo!”

 

Taeyeon shook her head at Sunny’s antic. What the hell was she talking about? Yesterday? The heck happened yesterday? Nothing was out of ordinary; she did her round, went to the policlinic, taught skills lab for resident, bought dinner with the triplets.

 

Wait.

 

Did she mean something that happened to Tiffany instead of her? Because that was possible, too. Sooyoung must have known and told Sunny.

 

Absentmindedly, Taeyeon pulled the emergency exit door. She had determined to lose some weight. She’d rather take the stairs instead of elevator.

 

As she was descending, Taeyeon scratched the side of her head. Tiffany was acting really strange last night. Her wife had never begged her to stay out of the problem that firm before. They had agreed to share every good and bad thing. There was no secret between them. Then why?

 

She shook her head. As Tiffany had said, insecurity would only tire her out. She trusted Tiffany. She was sure Catherine was not the problem. Tiffany wouldn't cheat on her, would she?

 

"Kim Taeyeon."

 

A voice snapped her from the thought. She turned over, finding a young man in all black outfits slowly approached her.

 

"Yes?"

 

"Remember me?" The man left a considered distance between them.

 

"Mr. Park?" Taeyeon felt a pang in her chest when she looked at this man. The term between them was not good when he left the hospital. She had refused to do the surgery on his daughter. He had screamed various malicious words on her. She understood, it'd never be easy to know your child was dying and nothing you could do to help her. So she didnt take his words into heart.

 

"You remember," his lips tugged upright. "Good."

 

"What can I help you, Mr. Park?"

 

"My daughter has passed away." He inhaled a deep breath. He had to calm his nerves.

 

"I'm so sor–”

 

"So has my wife.”

 

"Oh…" Taeyeon was taken aback. "My deep condolence, Mr. Park." Taeyeon said sincerely.

 

"It means nothing to me!" He spat angrily. "Your sorry can never bring my family back to me!"

 

Taeyeon sighed inwardly. She couldn't deal with him right now. She had her own problem. She had given him her decision with a clear reason and he was free to seek a second opinion. He couldn't take all the blame on her.

 

"What do you want from me, Mr. Park?" Taeyeon asked as polite as she could.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter