Holiday

ARMS OF THE ANGELS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taking the triplets’ photos was exhausting. They moved too much making it impossible to get an appropriate picture. The thing with kids, they taught adults not to give up easily. After a lot of useless begging, Taeyeon had no other option but to use her last weapon – the prohibited promise. Aorta, Artery and Venous finally sat straight and smiled widely towards the camera. Tiffany would be really mad at her should she find out that the promise she made was to take the triplets to their favorite bingsoo place.

 

“Babies, work with momma in this, okay?”

 

The triplets looked at her expectantly.

 

“Don’t tell mommy we eat bingsoo.”

 

“Why, momma?” Venous the spoon as she enjoying the treat.

 

“We’ll get into trouble.” Taeyeon explained patiently. “Now we wouldn’t want that, would we?”

 

They nodded simultaneously.

 

-----

 

Taeyeon narrowed her eyes at the second born disapprovingly. There was no doubt how close Artery with Tiffany was, but he was supposed to be in her team at the moment. They shared the same crime after all. One should not leak crucial information just for those comforting kisses.

 

When they got home later that afternoon, as always, Artery ran to his mommy the fastest. He was the most affectionate one, he liked hugs and kisses more than Aorta and Venous. Once he reached Tiffany’s arms, her wife immediately pampered him with kisses. He was so proud of his photo result, in return, of course, Tiffany would ask whether he enjoyed his day out with his momma.

 

When we ate bingsoo rolled out from his tongue, Taeyeon stopped dead at her track.

 

Tiffany cleared , clearly asking for Taeyeon’s clarification. “Babe?”

 

“In my defense, I couldn’t think of anything other than that.” Taeyeon grinned uneasily.

 

The woman increased her brow as she let Aorta and Venous kissed her lips. Her eyes never left Taeyeon.

 

“They can’t sit still. We’ve wasted half an hour just to get them on the chair only to chase them again. I have no cookies with me so bingsoo is all I have. It is effective, as you can see. The photos are all good. You should be proud of me. Besides, I got your favorite topokki.” Taeyeon lifted the plastic bag in hope Tiffany would forgive her.

 

“Okay then.” Tiffany stood up from the couch, carrying the drowsy Venous with her to their room as the other two following behind. The triplets were tired and full, it was time for nap anyway.

 

When a pair of arms sneaked around her torso, Taeyeon smiled widely. She turned to her left, finding Tiffany’s face so close to hers and planted a peck on those gorgeous lips.

 

“What are you looking at?”

 

“Places we should see in Japan. I don’t think five days are enough, though. We’re going to spend one full day in Disney Land and Universal Studio. With three days left… Don’t you think it’s a bit too rush? I want to see more.”

 

“How many days you have in mind?”

 

“Ten days? Two weeks?” Taeyeon moved a little as Tiffany sat beside her.

 

“Babe, we take the triplets to this trip. It’ll be really tiring for them. Not to mention this would be their first travelling experience. Do you think they can bear two weeks of constant moving?”

 

“Hm, I didn’t think that far, honestly.”

 

“How about this; a week. We’ll list out the places we want to see the most, we’d ask the babies to choose, too. We can go back to Japan anytime we want anyway. It’s just hours away from here.”

 

“Okay.” She enveloped her wife close to her chest. “So you’ll take them to the immigration office tomorrow?”

 

“Yes. I’ve pushed my meetings to afternoon since the process may take a while. Then I’ll drop them at the day care. I’ll be home a bit late tomorrow.”

 

“Okay.”

 

-----

 

The triplets could not contain their excitement on the night before the trip. They closed their eyes but sleepiness never kicked in. Taeyeon had to lullaby them longer in order to get them to sleep. They needed to rest, otherwise they’d be worn out tomorrow.

 

After Taeyeon was convinced that Aorta, Artery and Venous were asleep, she returned to her bedroom finding her wife arranging their clothes.

 

“I wonder how will we manage to bring those two gigantic suitcases into the train and bus with three children.”

 

“We’ll figure something out.” Tiffany zipped the suitcase then dragged it near the wall. “It’s not that heavy anyway. I empty some space just in case we want to buy things.”

 

“I’m starting to think that we’re kind of overconfident on taking public transportation. Let’s just rent a car.”

 

“But Tae, they already jumping around at the mention of Shinkansen. Now you want to cancel? Good luck telling it to them.”

 

“I was hoping you’d be on my side on this.” Taeyeon face-palmed at her wife.

 

“It’ll be a great experience for the kids. Sure, they’d get tired, but don’t you think that this is a good way to teach them endurance? Their life is not always going to be smooth, comfortable and full of luxury. You know what? Scratch that, it’d be a good lesson for you, too.”

 

“What? Why me?” She rolled her eyes. “I am patient, thank you very much and I earned all this.” The doctor gestured the properties around her.

 

“No doubt. You’ve worked very hard. But the patient part? I’m honestly worried for your blood pressure. Let’s make a deal.”

 

“What deal?” Taeyeon eyed Tiffany suspiciously.

 

“I’ll give you a thing, whatever you want, for not making any grumpy comment in every annoying situation.”

 

“Whatever I want?” Taeyeon smirked mischievously.

 

Tiffany realized her mistake. She took a step back when Taeyeon made her way closer to her suggestively. “Remember, you must be in your best behavior throughout this trip because of the triplets–”

 

“I am a good woman,” Taeyeon said slowly. “I always maintain my manner.” She trapped Tiffany against the wall, as one hand moved to the latter’s waist. She leaned in and set some soft peck on Tiffany’s cheek. “You also need to keep this in mind; we book a two rooms apartment to stay. The triplets will be in their room and we’ll be in ours. Besides, it’s not everyday we come to Japan. Let’s make the best out of it.”

 

“You won’t succeed, Kim Taeyeon.” Tiffany breathed out heavily. She barely can keep her mind in the right track under Taeyeon’s spell. Darn it!

 

“I will give my very, very best attempt, Ms. Hwang. This is not an easy war to win, however, you know how hard I’d fight for you. Even if it means the fight is between me and myself. I will success.”

 

“Damn you, sweet talker.” Tiffany pulled Taeyeon till no space separating them.

 

Sometimes, giving in and not playing hard to get was the best way to win.

 

-----

 

Aorta looked so lost and amazed by the high ceiling and cool airport design. He hadn’t said a word since he made his first step into the building, too busy absorbing the overwhelming feeling. Meanwhile Artery was still fast asleep in Tiffany’s arm. He had been sleeping all the way to the airport.

 

“What’s this, momma?”

 

“It’s a self-check in machine, Ve.” Taeyeon answered while typing on the screen. Tiffany, Aorta and Artery were sitting somewhere with their luggage.

 

“What’s a self-check in machine, momma?”

 

“Come here.” Taeyeon lifted her daughter up so Venous can see what she was doing with the machine. “This thing helps us to register. We can’t enter the airplane before we do this, sweetheart. We also can queue to those lines.” Taeyeon pointed check-in counters that were full of people. “But this is faster. We’ll take care of our suitcases later.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter