Begin.

ARMS OF THE ANGELS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Baby, I’m home!” She kicked off her heels. She took out her phone from the handbag as she walked inside the living room.

 

“In the bathroom. Wait a sec!”

 

Tiffany was busy with her message so she only hummed. She handled yet another complicated case associated with a higher up of one of the biggest technology company in Korea. Her head ached every time she had meeting with her stubborn client. Today was no exception.

 

“AAAAAAAHHH!!!!” She fell on her feet. Her heart was beating like crazy. She accidently threw her phone. It hit the floor mercilessly.

 

“Babe!” Taeyeon ran to her wife. She immediately bent down and hugged Tiffany. “What happened? Why are you screaming like that?”

 

Tiffany was shaking in her arms. She closed her eyes, letting Taeyeon consoled her. When her heart had come back on its normal pace, she hit Taeyeon’s shoulder making the latter surprised.

 

 “What are you watching?! Your video gives me a heart attack!”

 

“What vid–” She turned back to the TV. “Oh.” Taeyeon face-palmed. “That’s not even scary!” She furrowed her brows. “Ah, you worried me. Come on up.” She tugged Tiffany’s arm and helped her to get up.

 

“Are you kidding me? That person practically has no face!” She argued. Tiffany was shock to death by the unexpected welcome.

 

“It’s what he gets by riding a motorcycle without helmet.”

 

“Did he die or something?” She asked in horror.

 

“Unfortunately, yes.”

 

“What happen? When’s that happen?”

 

“Recently, last week. I got a page for the multiple fractures in his ribs.” Taeyeon sat on the couch and paused the video.

 

“How do you get this kind of video anyway?”

 

“My resident recorded it for educational purpose.” Taeyeon leaned closer to her wife and gave her a long gentle kiss. “Welcome home. I’m sorry about that.”

 

Tiffany finally smiled as she kissed Taeyeon back. “You should be. Please kindly watch it when you’re alone. It scares me, really.”

 

Taeyeon chuckled loudly. “Okay. Now, do you want to eat something?”

 

“I’ve had big lunch. You want something?”

 

“Nah, I’m good. Go shower.”

 

“Okay.” Tiffany pecked her lips then disappeared to the bathroom.

 

 

------

 

 

“Stop picking your pimples.” Tiffany set the grape juice on the table. She grabbed a fashion magazine and looked at Taeyeon disapprovingly. “Stop picking your pimples.” She repeated.

 

Taeyeon grinned naughtily. “Why? I want them to get out of my face.”

 

“It’ll leave mark if you keep doing that. When the time comes it will out by itself.” Tiffany sighed and took a tissue. “It’s bleeding.” She wiped the blood off Taeyeon’s face and showed her. “Don’t pick them.”

 

“But it’s fun.” Taeyeon took her drink and drank it in one go. “Ah, so good! Can I have one more glass?”

 

“There’s a jar in the fridge.” Tiffany flipped over the page. “Don’t drink it too much. You haven’t had dinner yet.”

 

“But it’s so good!” Taeyeon excitedly opened the fridge and poured the liquid into her glass.

 

“Taeyeon-ah, don’t drink too much!” Tiffany shouted. Knowing her wife well, Taeyeon would drink two or three glasses and said she only drank one.

 

“Alright, alright, geez.” She quickly finished her fourth glass before pouring another one and walked back to the living room.

 

“How much did you drink?”

 

“It’s only my second glass!” She lied.

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes and went back to her magazine.

 

“Fany-ah. I have something to discuss.”

 

“Hm? What about?”

 

“The apartment our parents give us.”

 

“What about it?”

 

“Should we use it now?”

 

“Why?”

 

“We’re married and we’re going to have kids. This house is too small.”

 

“I’m not pregnant yet, babe.” Tiffany’s eyes softened at Taeyeon’s thoughtfulness. “I mean, there’s no rush for us to move.”

 

“I know, but we can’t just move out if you’re already pregnant. Unless you promise me you wont lift a thing.”

 

“You’re not good on packing.”

 

“Exactly! I just want to be prepared, you know? This is a serious matter. Your comfort is my priority.”

 

“Thank you.” Tiffany snuggled to her lover and inhaled a breath happily. She felt so loved by Taeyeon.

 

“So?” Taeyeon caressed Tiffany’s arm softly.

 

“You want to ask for the key?”

 

“Do you think we should do that? I mean I have to lower my pride, obviously, but they did give it to us and they won’t use it anyway.”

  

“We’ll do it together, okay? We both will lower our pride.”

 

“Thanks.” She gave the top of Tiffany’s head a peck. “Another thing, though.”

 

“Yes?”

 

“What do you say if we sell your car and change it?”

 

“To?”

 

“To a big, strong SUV.”

 

“Why?”

 

“We just complete the credit for my car last year. I’m sad if we have to change that one.”

 

“No, babe. I mean why do you want to change the car?”

 

“Our kid is coming, Fany-ah. I want the best safety we can provide. We have two sedans, for what? I want a family car so I don’t have to worry.”

 

“Honey, you talk as if he’s going to be here tomorrow no less.” Tiffany laughed. Taeyeon was so cute and she loved her for it.

 

“Again, I need to prepare things before he really comes, okay?”

 

“Your car is strong enough.”

 

“But it will squash down if a tank runs over it.” Taeyeon argued.

 

“Why would we pass a tank?” Tiffany couldn’t hold it anymore and burst up laughing for the nth times in less than fifteen minutes. “We live in a peaceful city, babe.”

 

“What if it happens?” Taeyeon asked dead serious.

 

“You’re thinking too much, honey.” Tiffany touched Taeyeon’s cheek. “We’re not set on anything yet.”

 

Taeyeon didn’t reply.

 

“But if it trouble you so much. Then let’s change it.”

 

Taeyeon’s intention was good. Tiffany understood that the only thing that would set Taeyeon at ease was granting her wish. Besides, they did have to start preparing everything before she became pregnant for real.

 

 

-----

 

 

It was late at night when she heard someone knocked the main door. Taeyeon just turned off the light a minute ago so she had to turn it on again. She made her way through the hallway and took a peek by the peephole.

 

“Sooyoung?” She opened the door to the crying woman. “Hey, what is it? Why are you crying?” Taeyeon pulled the door wider and took Sooyoung in.

 

“Is Tiffany home?” She asked instead.

 

“Yeah, she’s in our room.” As soon as Sooyoung knew where Tiffany was, she sprinted inside to find her friend, leaving Taeyeon dumbfounded.

 

The doctor locked the door again. She checked everything before she entered the master bedroom. Taeyeon stood awkwardly in the doorway when she saw Sooyoung cried her eyes out like there was no tomorrow. She looked at Tiffany but the latter just gave her a weird smile as if she also didn’t know what happened.

 

“Should I get some water?” Taeyeon mouthed. Tiffany nodded a little as approval.

 

Taeyeon wondered why in the world did Sooyoung come to their house in the middle of the night crying no less. Whatever happened to her must be really bad. She took a glass and poured cold water in it.

 

“How old do you think I am?!” Sooyoung yelled when Taeyeon handed her the glass.

 

“Um… 30?” Taeyeon replied unsurely.

 

“Yes! I am a 30 years old woman, Kim Freaking Taeyeon! I need alcohol! Not this trash!”

 

Taeyeon averted her eyes to her wife, silently asking her what was going on. Tiffany shrugged lowly, afraid that Sooyoung would be offended.

 

“We have wine, if you want?”

 

“Are you freaking kidding me?! Do you think I can get drunk drinking some wine?! I need something strong!”

 

“Sooyoung-ah, don’t scream. You’re going to wake the neighbor.” Tiffany soothed her back.

 

“Let them!” She shouted even more.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter