Complete.

ARMS OF THE ANGELS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What about Aorta, Artery and Arteriol?”

 

Tiffany turned to Taeyeon with the biggest shock eyes she had ever had.

 

“You name our babies after–” She was speechless.

 

“Aorta, the biggest vessel, for our first baby, Artery for the second and Arteriol for the third. What’s wrong with those names?”

 

“You. Name. Our. Babies. After. Vessels.” Tiffany emphasized each word.

 

“I imagine them as the brave, strong, tough men. I don’t see anything wrong with that.”

 

“It’s still vessel.”

 

Taeyeon shook her head. “You don’t know the meaning of it. Imagine if there’s no Aorta, Artery and Arteriol. Where would your blood circulate?”

 

“Vessels, Taeyeon.”

 

“Would you rather name them thyroid and parathyroid?” Taeyeon frowned at her wife.

 

“What?!”

 

“Any idea then?”

 

“Arthur? Armand? Andrew?”

 

“It’s too mainstream,” Taeyeon waved her hand. “If Aorta, Artery and Arteriol are not vessels, would it be okay with you?”

 

“I can’t think they’re not vessels.” Tiffany folded her arms. “Besides, what if our babies are all girls? That names don’t suit girls.”

 

“Well… Vein, Venous and Venule?” Taeyeon suggested making Tiffany groaned.

 

“Taeyeon-ah, you do know how important babies’ name is, right?”

 

Taeyeon stood up to other side of the table facing Tiffany. “I don’t come up with it out from nothing, babe.”

 

Tiffany increased her brows, curious. “Explain away, then.”

 

“I am the heart. Not a beating heart, just a heart, okay?” Tiffany nodded even though she wasn’t sure where Taeyeon would go from here. “Without blood, I am as good as a dead organ with no function, no purpose, nothing. My families, my friends, my job, the material that I have are the blood. And you – you are the hemoglobin. You give the color to my blood, you make it possible for oxygen to be transported to all cell in my body. Now, I have a heart and blood but they have no use if I don’t have the way to carry the blood away from the heart, right? Thus, I need vessels. Aorta, Artery, Arteriol, Venous, Vein, they are the road that I need. My cell is not going to die because they distribute the blood. They get the job done.” Taeyeon smiled contently. “And I’m a whole human being. I’m alive. I have everything that I need to keep me holding on.”

 

Tiffany reached out to Taeyeon with those gorgeous eyes smile. Taeyeon obeyed her wish instantly. When Taeyeon settled on the couch, she was immediately welcomed by Tiffany’s kiss.

 

“I like your philosophy.” She leaned in again, placing a quick peck on Taeyeon’s lips. “It’s actually nice when you put it that way. Although those are not the names I could ever imagine, but… I think I love it.” She stared at Taeyeon adoringly. “You’re smart.”

 

“Well, my grades and achievements do say so.” Taeyeon shrugged as she smirked smugly, earning a light slap on her thigh.

 

“Cocky!” Tiffany shook her head while giggling. Tiffany bit her lower lip. “But I gotta admit, it‘s a total turn on.” She whispered huskily, her lips barely touched Taeyeon’s.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Uh-uh.”

 

“So… what are we going to do about it?” Taeyeon muttered lowly. Her eyes were set on those beautiful lips. Her left hand was making its way to her wife’s waist, softly the skin beneath the thin fabric. As for her right hand, it was busy teasing Tiffany’s jaw and neck, making the latter shivered.

 

“You do me. Now.”  

 

-----

 

“As expected from cardiovascular junkie.” Yuri rolled her eyes at Taeyeon’s explanation. “But they’re nice.”

 

The room was too crowded, so the grandparents deliberately left for a while to get some brunch and let the others had their moment with the babies.

 

“What about Alba, though?” Hyoyeon asked as she Artery’s thin brow.

 

“In medical term, as you know it yourself, Alba means white. We want them to be pure inside out.” Tiffany answered while slightly bouncing Venous in her arms. “But in Spanish and Italian, it means dawn. They were born at dawn. So Alba is perfect for them.”

 

Yuri moved from the couch to the balcony with Aorta in her hold. The sun was nice. Aorta seemed to like it. He opened his eyes for a few seconds, blinking then went back to sleep. He was so cute. Yuri buried her nose to him. His scent was intoxicating. He was too good for the evil world, Yuri thought.

 

“Baby Aorta.” She whispered.

 

She was jealous of Taeyeon. She had everything she had ever asked. She had Tiffany, now complete with the triplets. She knew Taeyeon’s ups and downs journey. Her gifts didn’t just fall from the sky. She worked for it. Nevertheless, in her opinion, her jealousy was reasonable. She wanted it, too. She wanted a family of her own. The question was, with whom?

 

“Isn’t he beautiful?”

 

Her jaw stiffened at the voice.

 

“It doesn’t make any sense but I think he’s going to have the same eyes like Tiffany’s.” Jessica walked closer.

 

Her hold tightened.

 

“Yuri-ah…”

 

“Do you want to hold him? I’m sorry I keep him too long.” Yuri refused to look into those gorgeous eyes. She couldn’t manage any more pain from this woman.

 

“It’s not that–”

 

“I have work to do.” She cut. “Do you want him or not?”

 

Jessica cleared , clearly disappointed at the unfriendliness Yuri showed her. “Sure.”

 

She patted Aorta’s back softly as she watched Yuri walked out from the room with her head low.

 

“Will she ever forgive me, Aorta-ya?”

 

-----

 

“Tomorrow, okay?” YoonA negotiated. “I’ll discharge you the first thing in the morning, I promise.”

 

“Fine.” Tiffany pouted. “I don’t like hospital.”

 

“I know.” The ob-gyn doctor laughed. “No one likes it here. By the way, can I borrow him?” She asked for Artery.

 

“Go ahead.” Tiffany kissed her boy’s lips before handed him to the doctor. “Artery rarely sleeps. He’s thirsty all the time.” Tiffany chuckled.   

 

“That’s okay.” YoonA grinned at the chubby baby. He looked straight to her eyes blankly. “Hello, baby Artery!” She kissed his head. “Be good and healthy always, okay? Aunty Yoong is definitely going to spoil you and your two siblings. We’ll have so many fun things to do when you grow up. Maybe I’ll give the three of you more siblings, if aunty Seohyun agree.” She whispered the last part.

 

“I think you should ask me instead of him,” SeoHyun suddenly appeared out of nowhere then stood beside her. “Oh my gosh, he’s so cute!”

 

“We’ll have that talk later then.” YoonA steal a peck to Seohyun’s lips. “Should we start practicing? I’m going to enjoy every bit of it.” She winked teasingly.

 

“Give him back to me.” Taeyeon glared at her dongsaeng. “I will not let you corrupt his mind in his very – very early age.”

 

“He doesn’t even understand, unnie.” YoonA sulked. “I just carry him three minutes ago.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter