Breathe

ARMS OF THE ANGELS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note:

I'm granting your wish and update a new chapter ;)

As always, I hope you'd enjoy!

-----

 

 

 

 

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“Me?” Taeyeon glanced at the camera briefly then went back to her business. “I’m cooking.”

 

“Cooking what?”

 

“Curry.”

 

“What are you doing now?”

 

“Cutting the potato.”

 

Tiffany moved the camera as it showed poorly cut potato. The size was uneven. Taeyeon didn’t even hold the knife right. “As a surgeon who work with scalpel everyday, you sure know how to cut vegetables.” Tiffany said sarcastically.

 

“It doesn’t matter. They will eat it anyway.” Taeyeon stuck her tongue out, mocking her wife.

 

“Look at this,” Tiffany zoomed in the biggest potato in its group. “The triplets wouldn’t be able to chew this big, babe.”

 

Taeyeon easily chopped it to two. “Done. By the way, I have secret seasoning, mind you. You never use it before.”

 

“Oh yeah? What’s that? I doubt I don’t know it. I know all kind of seasoning.”

 

Taeyeon smirked naughtily then opened the cabinet, producing a sachet of instant curry seasoning and waved it in front of Tiffany. “Tada!”

 

Tiffany laughed loudly. Her eyes twinkled in glee. Taeyeon was so cute doing things like this. She had tried her best even though her best was not excellent. Instant seasoning was the last thing in her mind. She never used it. Her cook had to be made from fresh, raw ingredients.

 

“Babe?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Why do you suddenly want to cook?”

 

Taeyeon tugged her lips upward. “I want to take care of you, too. You always make tasty meal for us. I want to do the same. It’s not going to be a five star cuisine like yours. One step at a time, ‘kay?”

 

“Okay.”

 

“It’ll be edible. Trust me.”

 

-----

 

“Ms. Hwang,” a male resident walked towards her and handed her a plastic bag. “These are Doctor Kim’s belonging.”

 

“T – thank you.”

 

The resident bowed deeply. He was about to walk away but before that, he hesitantly said, “she is a great teacher, Ms. Hwang. I’m so sorry for what happen.”

 

He didn’t have to say that. Tiffany already knew how great and brilliant Taeyeon was. Nevertheless, she nodded briefly.

 

One by one, Tiffany withdrew Taeyeon’s stuffs; her phone, her wallet, her ID card. As she unlocked Taeyeon’s phone, the first thing Tiffany saw was missed calls notification from her. Taeyeon’s wallpaper was still the same. It was the picture of Tiffany and the triplets from their birthday party around two years ago. Since the date of their birthday only a day apart, they always threw a join party.

 

"I will be really broke in the next future. I have to buy four gifts at the same time every year.” Taeyeon faked a heavy sigh.

 

“You love getting us present.”

 

“Yes, I do.” Taeyeon grinned broadly. “Do you want your present now?”

 

“Yes, please.” Tiffany sat straight at the edge of the bed, feeling excited to find out what Taeyeon got her this year.

 

“Here you go.” Taeyeon handed a rectangular box. “I hope you like it.”

 

“Babe…” Tiffany smiled, shaking her head fondly. “This is more suitable for your present, not mine.”

 

“I’d like to think we can share the fun,” Taeyeon winked teasingly. “This super y lingerie is going to look really good on you. I mean, I’ve imagined it–”

 

“You’ve imagined it?” Tiffany giggled.

 

“Of course. I have to picture you on it before I buy it,” she stated as a matter of fact. “Just so you know, it’s not the only present you’d get tonight,” Taeyeon whispered seductively right next to Tiffany’s ear sending an electric jolt through the latter’s body. Taeyeon caressed Tiffany’s bare arm lightly with her knuckles. “Ready for the next surprise?”

 

 

“Tiff.” Sunny took a seat across her. “They’re still working. I don’t know when they will finish the surgery.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“You can see the triplets if you want. I’ll take you to the day care.”

 

Before she stood up, Tiffany took out the silver ring, putting it on her palm. Her name was engraved at the inner side; Tiffany’s, just like Taeyeon’s name marked hers.

 

“I want to be close to you when I’m not with you.”

 

Silently, Tiffany slipped Taeyeon’s ring onto her finger.

 

-----

 

“Why mommy?” Venous was obviously disappointed when Tiffany broke the news that Taeyeon wouldn’t be able to join them for lunch. They were sitting in their respective spots, food was still untouched, waiting for Taeyeon to take her first bite.

 

“Momma, she…” Tiffany looked away, struggling to endure the threatened tears. There was just too much she could take. How could she deal with her children and dying wife at the same time? How could she be strong when the source of her strength was fighting alone in that awful room?

 

Tiffany had waited, but Yuri didn’t come out from the OR. Sunny said they were still working. It should be a good sign, right? It meant Taeyeon had not given up. She was still battling with all she had.

 

That was why Tiffany decided to see the triplets. Despite how hard for her to process, let alone facing the kids in this condition, she had to make sure they were okay. She couldn’t risk it.

 

“Mommy.” Artery moved from his spot. He stood in front of Tiffany then hugged her head tightly. “Mommy, don’t cry,” he said softly. “Mommy, please stop crying.” His eyes were sad, he was worried.

 

His gentleness cracked her wall. Tiffany sobbed as she hugged Artery as if her life was depended on him.

 

“Mommy, stop crying. Stop now, mommy.” Aorta tapped her shoulder tenderly. They way he said stop crying was exactly like how Taeyeon said it.

 

Taeyeon. Her Taeyeon. Her Taeyeon was dying, and so was she. The bullet was in Taeyeon’s abdomen, but she also could feel it made a hole penetrating through her heart.

 

“Mommy,” Venous caressed the back of Tiffany’s hand. “Momma will be here. Momma has promised.”

 

The triplets didn’t understand what was happening. One thing they knew for sure; thei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter