Granted.

ARMS OF THE ANGELS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note:

I got time to write, so I decide not to be an and update. lol

 

-----

 

 

“He is found dead at the parking area.”

 

“…”

 

“In his car.”

 

“…”

 

“He shot himself on the head.”

 

“…”

 

“Mr. Park Ji Yoo is dead, Ms. Hwang. We’re doing the autopsy as soon as the authority issues the warrant.”

 

Tiffany had heard that the first time loud and clear. She was not sure what to do or feel regarding this situation. She wanted to be happy that the person who had hurt the love of her life got what he deserved. But where’s the justice? He was free just like that. He’s dead, and what? What would happen next? He just left his mess and granted it to her to deal with it.

 

Why didn’t he kill himself without harming her Taeyeon? Why didn’t he follow his family and leave her Taeyeon alone if in the end, he’d join them without hesitation? What was all of this about, a revenge that he didn’t desire to win or just an irresistible decision at the moment?

 

Whatever his motives were, her Taeyeon was still in coma. Whether he was alive or dead, her Taeyeon still couldn’t breathe by herself. So it didn’t matter to her. He could’ve gone straight to hell for all she cares.

 

­-----

 

Tiffany stared at her reflection in the mirror. She watched herself crumbling down. She’d died thinking Taeyeon wouldn’t be around. She was losing her mind. Her senses were numb. There was a huge hole in her soul, an unexplainable emptiness as she fathomed that Taeyeon might not able to make it out alive.

 

It had never really crossed her mind how substantial Taeyeon’s presence to her being, how Taeyeon could easily take away her happiness, how Taeyeon’s absence could destruct the balance of her entire existence. She thought she’d always have Taeyeon by her side. Did she depend on Taeyeon too much? Was it normal to feel what she felt now?

 

All of sudden, she was alone in the deserted road. Her one and only companion left her just like that, without warning, without telling her how to survive. How was it possible for her to continue by herself? It was beyond believe that death could make a great impact on someone’s life.

 

A touch on her hand startled her, interrupting her wandering mind.

 

“You’re holding up the line, Tiff.” Gently, the intruder pulled Tiffany from the sink as she flashed a quick smile to the people who had queued.

 

“Catherine? What are you doing here?”

 

“Do you have a seat somewhere?”

 

“No.”

 

“Okay.” Not letting Tiffany’s hand off of hers, Catherine led the way to the nearest empty table. She withdrew the chair and let Tiffany sat on it. “Coffee?”

 

“No, thanks, I’m not hungry.”

 

“It’s not a meal, Tiff. Just a drink.” Catherine observed Tiffany closely. The woman was unfocused. She couldn’t blame her. She understood how Tiffany felt at the moment. After all, they once lived together and she still cared about Tiffany a lot.

 

“Oh, yes, um… okay, sure.”

 

The tall woman ordered two latte while occasionally glancing at their table. Tiffany was as blank as before. Her eyes were empty. She vacantly stared at far ahead. Catherine exhaled a deep breath. Her heart broke watching Tiffany like this. However, she couldn’t help but wonder if the lawyer would act this way if she were the one in Taeyeon’s position now.

 

It was funny to think that after years of not seeing each other, a piece of her heart still wanted Tiffany. It was clear that Tiffany never had a mutual feeling toward her. She was stupid to make Tiffany moved in with her and persuaded her that she could change her mind. She should’ve known that Tiffany was made not for her.

 

But she was only a human, and human always wondered, always wishing for something even if it were far out of their reach.

 

“Here you go.” Catherine pushed scolding drink to Tiffany. “Careful, it’s hot.”

 

“Thank you,” Tiffany muttered lowly.

 

Catherine nodded slightly. “Look, I’m sorry for what happen to Taeyeon. I hope she’d recover and – and able to be with you and the kids soon.”

 

“How do you know?”

 

Catherine bit her lower lip, “I just landed from Switzerland a few hours ago. I brought you some chocolates because I know how much you loved them,” she whispered the last part. She then shook her head and chuckled nervously. “I think the triplets will love it, they’re really good. So I stopped by your office and your secretary informed me the news. I came straight here, I tried to call you but you didn’t pick up your phone. I had not had breakfast so here I am at the cafeteria when I saw you spacing out.”

 

Tiffany’s smile of appreciation didn’t reach her eyes. Nevertheless, it was enough for Catherine.

 

“If you need a friend,” Catherine squeezed Tiffany’s hand. “I’m here. I will always be here.”

 

Just in case Taeyeon… Catherine didn’t dare to say it out loud. The last thing she wanted was to push Tiffany away. But should Taeyeon go, she’d be by Tiffany’s side and never let her go for the second time.

 

-----

 

“Are you happy? You do seem so.” Yuri folded her arms, looking at the sleeping Taeyeon angrily. “Come on, Taeyeon. I know you’re a jerk, alright? But I thought you’ve changed for the better. Show me, come on!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter