08 | Dances

Style || Jimin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

08

D A N C E S

 

"That was the funniest thing ever!" Yoon Sung said to me when we were done with our talk and were leaving the screening room. I am loving this job, I have met so many people that just click with so easily, and I get so much free time!

"Yes!" I laughed, "Did you see her face when we actually answered her questions?"

"She thought we were two dumb little misfit chicks with nothing better to do than cause trouble."

"Yes. Yes, exactly," I smiled at her description and then remembered the question I had been wanting to ask her from before. "Hey, Yoon Sung-ssi, not meaning to pry, but how is it that you knew Namjoon hyung?" she laughed at my question.

"I was also meaning to ask you why you called them hyung."

"You first," I said.

"Can I trust you?" she said.

"Of course!"

"Okay so, Namjoon and I were crazy in love a couple of years back, but had to break up just before his debut because a reporter had found out about our relationship and so it was dangerous for him to go out with me."

"Really?" I smiled, "that's so cute! So do you still like him?"

"Oh, by the way, can we drop the formal stuff? It's so awkward talking to you like I don't know you when we're the same age," she said.

"Okay," I said informally, "do you still like him?" I asked.

"Promise to keep it a secret?" she asked and I nodded.

"That's actually the reason I came here," she said, looking to her feet, "I couldn't let him go."

"Aww!" I said.

"Your turn," she looked up at me and I saw her watery eyes so I quickly changed the topic.

"Oh, well, I had a brother, so I actually don't like calling people 'oppa'," I said, fiddling with my fingers, "they told me to call them hyung, so I did."

"Simple as that?"

"Simple as that." I said. "Do you wanna go and talk to him?"

"Who?"

"Namjoon hyung."

"Oh."

"C'mon, let's go," I said and lead her to the top floor and outside the practice room. Before I opened the door I heard some soft singing coming from inside. I didn't know who it was because it was two distinctly different voices, one high and one very, very low. But the two voices matched each other in perfect harmony as they sang Taeyang's Eyes, Nose, Lips. I really didn't want to open the door and interrupt them, what I actually wanted to do was record their voices and add the song to my playlist.

"Yah! You missed the tune!" one voice stopped singing and shouted. I recognized it, Taehyung.

"What do you mean? I did it perfectly, is something wrong with your hearing?" I heard Jimin's voice shout back.

"You clearly missed the tune, right Soo Young-ah?!" Taehyung screamed again. Wait. Is it talking to me?! How does he know I'm out here?

I opened the door and peeked my head through. "Yes?"

"What were you doing out there, you should have just come in," Jimin said walking over to me.

"How did you guys know I was out here?" I walked in. Taehyung pointed to the crack in the door, big enough to see through. "I didn't see this." I said, looking through the hole.

"Yeah, Namjoon hyung broke it this morning when you were gone, he through one of Seokjin hyung's stupid Mario toys and hit the door."

"Oh," so they didn't know that Yoon Sung was with me.

"Oh. Anyeonghaseyo," Jimin said suddenly and bowed to the door. I turned to see Yoon Sung walking in, her beautiful straight hair flowing side to side behind her back, even though there was no wind, just confirming my theory that she could easily a model. She bowed to Jimin and Taehyung and they exchanged greetings. She then looked over at me and raised her eyebrows, and then I remembered why I was here in the first place.

"Oh! Where's Namjoon hyung?" I asked.

"He just got back from a schedule, probably in the basement parking lot," he replied.

"Oh, okay, thanks," I turned to Yoon Sung and mouthed 'Go'. She winked at me as thank you and said goodbye to the boys and left.

"I wouldn't mind getting used to seeing her every day," Jimin said walking toward the door.

"Yah. Stop being such a flirt. You're all talk and no action," Taehyung said. Jimin closed the door and faced me.

"What do you think? Do you think I'm all talk and no action?" he turned to ask me.

"Jimin-ah," I said, "I met you yesterday, how am I going to know?"

"True," he nodded and sat down next to where I was standing, probably expecting me to sit down. "But when you do get to know me, you'll know that he's wrong," he smiled to himself. "Action is my main game."

"And you still haven't had your first kiss?" I laughed and sat down next to him.

"Okay, starting from yesterday, I'm all action," he said.

"Yesterday?" I asked and Taehyung burst out the laughter he was trying so hard to keep inside.

"I KNEW IT!" Taehyung yelled and pointed at Jimin. "I just knew it," he said while sitting down.

"Knew what?" Jimin asked, confused.

"I knew it," he mumbled to himself, his rectangular smile appearing.

"Oh shuddup," Jimin said and turned to face the middle of the circle.

"Soo Young-ah, are you finished with work?"

"I think so? I still don't understand how my job goes. I think imma just go with it and get in trouble a lot on the way," I smiled to myself, remembering today's events.

"Yeah, you seem to be getting in trouble... a lot," Taehyung said and I sighed.

"Yup," I nodded.

"Well!" Jimin said, enthusiastically, "we can't just sit here and do nothing, what do you guys wanna do?"

"What were you going before?"

"Singing. C'mon, you heard us," Jimin said, playfully slapping my arm.

"Your voices really suit each other," I said.

"Really? Because the way I see it, Jimin's voice is the tip of Mount Everest while my voice is the very bottom of the Pacific ocean," Taehyung said, looking at Jimin, smiling.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter