06 | Dorks

Style || Jimin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

06

D O R K S

  

It was late and it was dark, and I was being dropped off by 7 guys who wouldn't let me walk alone in this situation.

"Guys, it's only like 7 steps from the footpath to my doorstep," I told them.

"7 is a lot," Jungkook said.

"Yeah, our manager says that there are too many of us in Bangtan and there's 'only 7'," Hoseok said matter-of-factly.

"Well, that is true, you guys are too much," I laughed, "which is why you won't let me walk from here," I pointed at the ground next to where the van was parked, "to there," I pointed to my doorstep, which was only a few meters away.

"Forget it, I'm coming with," Jimin said and hopped off the van and linked arms with me.

"Jimin-ah!" Taehyung whined, "I wanted to," he also jumped off and linked arms with me.

They walked me down to the door and I fiddled through my bag and brought out my keys.

"Okay, bye guys," I said when I got to the other side of the door.

"Do you live alone?" Jimin whispered.

The door was only open by a bit but Taehyung managed to stick his head though and yell, "HI SOO YOUNG’S PARENTS!"

"Yes, I live alone," I said, glaring at Taehyung who had just screamed through my empty house.

"Oh. Sorry," Taehyung smiled at me.

"Well then we better get going," Jimin said, "see you tomorrow."

"No. I'm gonna message you tonight. Make sure you reply," Taehyung said and poked his tongue out at Jimin.

"Whatever, she doesn't want a message from you," Jimin said. They turned around and started walking away, still arguing.

"Now that you say that, I'm going to send her a photo," I heard Taehyung say.

"Why the hell would she wanna see your face?" Jimin said to him. Through the darkness I could see Taehyung turn to Jimin and show him some aegyo.

"That's why," he said. I smiled and closed the door.

I turned around and sighed to my empty home. So many things had happened today. I finally got my first job, and I met 7 new guys who had opened up to me and treated me like family, faster than it takes for me to cook my ramen.

I looked around the house. The ghosts of my family were walking around and doing their usual routine. I wanted to talk to someone about what happened today, but when my family went, so did all my 'friends'. The friends who only stuck around because of the money and the sophistication of my family. This is one of the very few days that I feel lonely. I'm very used to cooking, cleaning, working and entertaining myself that although I remember my family, I never feel lonely. Nonetheless I started with my usual routine.

First, I took a shower and then did the laundry. I had a weird order of chores, but this is the way my father did them, and I guess it's been cultivated into me. When I was done it was time to make dinner.

My house felt very empty because of the grandness of it, which is probably why Jimin and Taehyung looked so shocked to hear that I lived here alone. The top floor consists of three bedrooms, a kitchen and a small lounge. I clean the top floor every week but that is the only time I ever go up there as it was where I used to sleep as well as my brother and my grandmother. The top floor just consists of uselessly emotional memories which would bring too much heartache if I were to remember it all. When I walked into my bedroom I looked around. I didn't observe my surroundings this intimately before but because those boys dropped me off today, it got me to think that maybe one day someone else would see the interior of this house. If an outside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter