01 | Interview

Style || Jimin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

01

I N T E R V I E W

 

I was staring into the Guess? shop window. My mouth watered at the sight of that new Black Strapless Jacquard Party Dress. I had tried it on a while ago but did a U-turn out of the store when I saw the price; they charge an arm and a leg for just the one dress.

I'm 20 years old and yes, I should at least have a job by now. The thing is, I skipped one year of school because of my 'outstanding grades' and was able to get admitted into University early. Being young and dumb, I pursued my passion for fashion and styling without thinking about job opportunities for the future. With my determination and willingness to study, I had a very promising future, but I wasted all that when I followed this path. I am really regretting it now because I can never seem to find a job opening anywhere.

This was not the first time I had to walk out of a store after finding a perfect outfit, because of my lack of money. I continued to torture myself and walked down the street, passing Prada, Marc Jacobs, Armani, Gucci, BigHit, Chanel... wait. BigHit? I hadn't heard of that brand?

I reversed my step and went back to check out the store. I was so wrong. It was not a store. It was an entertainment company. BigHit Entertainment? I hadn't heard of that before.

My curiosity took over my sense of direction and I found myself walking in. I looked around. It was a cool place, really modern with glass walls and large plasma screens plastered all over the place. But, the atmosphere contradicted the appearance. It looked professional and sophisticated but I could hear laughter and music and the expressions of the people in my line of view, were not of those who came for business, but of those who were here to work hard and have fun while doing it.

I suddenly felt a wave of envy wash over me, this would be such a great work place! As if my prayers were answered right there and then, my eyes rested on a large banner on the window. I don't know why I didn't see it before; it was a wanted poster for a stylist. My heart skipped a beat. A stylist? That's me. Right? I'm a stylist. And I'm looking for a job. That's me!!! I turned around and started striding towards the reception.

The reception desk was empty so I rang the bell. Suddenly I saw a small head pop up from the bottom of the desk. “Oh. Uhm. Hello there,” the boy stood up. I had seen this person somewhere before... I just couldn't put my finger on it.

“I was wondering where I could register for the new stylist position?”

“Oh!” his face lit up when he heard that and I noticed an immense rectangular smile form on his face. “Could you just hold on a second?” he asked and he took out his phone. He dialled a number and waited. “Hey. Noona. Quick question. Where are the signups for our new stylist?” he asked the girl on the phone. “Why? Well because you told me you'd be taking a quick break and during that quick

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter