02 | Formalitites

Style || Jimin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

02

F O R M A L I T I E S

 

I had to talk to a few different people during that interview. First, I talked to the head stylist for the company, who assessed me on my skills. She had brought in somebody and she asked me to style them.

I did that and maybe she liked it because she then passed me on to talk someone called Bang Si-Hyuk. He told me about the company's expectations and morals and things like that. He asked me what type of environment I liked working in and told me that he strives to make his company the most comfortable for his employees.

Then I was taken into another room where a single guy, around my age, was sitting at the table. I sat down in front of him. His blonde hair was poorly styled into a quiff and his brown eyes shielded by the large brims of his lens-less glasses. He told me that his name was 'Kim Namjoon' and that he was a part of the company. He told me what type of styles he likes and what colours and clothing he liked as well. Although I did not know why he told me this, I listened and mentally took note. Maybe they were going to test me on it.

“Thank you for listening,” he laughed, “I know that I can be a bit boring sometimes.”

“Oh... no,” I said slowly, but he was right. He was so boring.

“Well, the fact that you have come here all the way to me means that you have been accepted by BigHit.”

“Huh?!”

“Yup, so I congratulate you and my next job is to show you around our place,” he said.

“Wait a minute,” I said and he laughed. I needed a little time to process this. I just got myself my first ever job!!!

“Okay, can I show you 'round now?”

“Okay,” I took a deep breath.

“First of all, this is the meeting room for groups. So basically if a group just wants to get together with each other and discuss something and they need space for it, this is where they go. We call it the Idol Boardroom,” he said, talking about the room we were standing in.

“Oh okay,” I felt like I should be taking notes.

“Next are the meeting rooms. This is where the official meetings take place, we have two of them behind these doors,” he said pointing to the two large doors in front of us. We walked further down the corridor and took a left.

“Oh. Anyeong Namjoon-ah,” some really pretty boy said to my tour guide. He then bowed to me. “Anyeonghaseyo.”

“Oh. Anyeonghaseyo,” I did the same. When I looked up I saw him giving Namjoon some sort of eye language and then Namjoon understood.

“Oh. This is Soo Young-ssi, she's our new stylist,” he said.

“Oh! Okay! Well then I'm honoured to meet you,” he held out his hand. “I'm Kim Seokjin.”

“Oh. I'm Min Soo Young,” I took his hand.

“Oh. Just a quick question Soo Young-ssi,” Namjoon asked out of nowhere.

“Yes?”

“How old are you?” That was unexpected. I mean, when you meet someone, you ask them questions, but 'how old are you' doesn't come till a while after.

“He just really hates using formal speech, and you look young,” Seokjin whispered to me.

I smiled and answered his question, “I'm 20.”

“Really? I'm 21!” he sounded excited. “I'm older than you so I can speak informally right?” he seemed eager.

“Oh yeah, sure,” I replied.

“That means I’m older than you as well,” Seokjin said. “You can call me oppa,” he winked at me and I smiled.

Oppa? I don't like calling people that. I only had one oppa and I don't want to seem like I've replaced him just because he's gone.

“Oh. Yes.” I said obediently. Who knows, maybe I will someday.

“Okay! We still have a tour to run Seokjin-ssi,” Namjoon said pushing him away.

“Yah! What did you just call me?”

“Sorry hyung,” he laughed and play-punched his hyung before turning to me. “Let's go!”

 

“Now we are getting into the more personal parts of our company,” we were on like the sixth floor already. “This is the break room for our idol groups,” he opened the door. On one side was a pool table and a fuse-ball table. On the other side there was a large plasma screen TV hooked up with game consoles and an Xbox. I could see two guys sitting on the sofa and they were going really hard at the Xbox. They both had brown hair so it was hard to differentiate them with their back views. “Yah! Kids!” Namjoon shouted to them.

“Yeah hyung!” one replied not tearing their eyes from the screen.

“You rude little rascals, we have a guest,” he said and I saw the screen was immediately paused and they reluctantly turned to face me.

“Oh!” Taehyung's face lit up when he saw me. What is he doing here? He was just the receptionist. “Anyeong Soo Young-ah!” he ran over to where I was standing. The other guy followed him and walked up to me and bowed.

“Anyeonghaseyo, my name is Hoseok,” he said to me and bowed.

“Oh... I'm Soo Young,” I bowed back to him.

“She's younger than you,” I heard Taehyung whisper to Hoseok and his face immediately lit up too.

“Really?” he said then turned to Taehyung and whispered to him, loud enough for me to hear, “How do you know her?”

“She's our new stylist so you'll be seeing a lot of her in the future,” Namjoon said.

“Really?” Hoseok’s face was amazingly bright.

“Yeah...” I didn't really know how to match his overly-happy tone.

“You got it?!” Taehyung smiled him amazing rectangular smile. His eyes were huge but when he smiled like this they just turned into tiny little dark slits on his face.

“Mhm!” I nodded at him. 'Thanks to you' I thought. But it was true. If he hadn't called me back then the other girl who had come by may have gotten the position and not me.

“You are welcome!” he said, completely reading my thoughts, “I wasn't very excited to be at the front desk, even if it was for a little while, but in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter