Chapter 3

King's bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

Andy heaved a long sigh and placed the thick book on top of the two exactly similar looking ones and arched his neck. After numerous mistakes and un-kinglike acting, assistant Mun had taken him to the library of the castle. He had collected bunch of books to the king and had commanded him to study everything he could in short time.

“When talking to common people, king must not bow to them.” Andy read out loud. “Common people must refer to the king as your majesty, or your highness.” he wrote down to a notepad. “If king accidentally bows to his common people, they think he is humane.” Andy sighed. “I am…” He put the notebook down and grabbed one of the thickest books.

The king turned the page and yawned, eyes fluttering shut, when his door was opened and the assistant stepped inside. Andy straightened his back, rubbed his eyes and pretended that he was wide awake and determined to learn about being a royalty. Eric strode in front of the bed and bowed down to the younger man.

“Your majesty,” Andy looked at him. “You need to come with me.”

“Why?” the king asked.

Eric chuckled and went to the royal wardrobe where he pulled things out. Andy got up from the bed and followed the guy, looking down at the bright colours and weird lacy things. He did not want to wear any of those.

“Take this,” Eric passed him a black tight polo shirt. “And…wear it with these.” he gave the king same coloured pants and white shoes.

“Aren’t these the colours of sadness…?” Andy held the things in his hands and looked up at the assistant with confused expression. “I did not get to the fashion part of the books yet…” he mumbled when Eric glared at him.

The king went behind the folding screen and undressed himself. He rolled his eyes when assistant Mun’s slow and annoying footsteps started going back and forth and the dull voice began to lecture. “The fashion of the king is highly looked up to, and therefore we do not take risks in what you wear. Criticism at this early stage would bring unsteadiness to the castle and make you look extremely bad.” he taught.

Andy scorned, trying to get the pants on.

“Yes, black is the colour of sadness,” Eric spoke boringly. “But your majesty just lost his father so you have a right to wear dark clothing on this occasion.” he walked back and forth, the heel of his expensive shoes clasping against the floor. “When your majesty steps to the hall, everyone will turn their heads at him and gasp in amazement. That is the moment I know I have succeeded.”

“What if you fail?” The king laughed in his head.

“Then the king is allowed to punish me brutally in front of everyone.” Eric did not realise it was a joke. “But that is least likely since I have never failed.” Andy could see the face of brag. “Besides, what you are going to wear will make you look like a—“

“A criminal. Are you kidding me?” Andy appeared, arms spread, and looked down at himself. “I look like I’m about to steal my own damn crown!”

Eric smiled satisfied.

“You look stunning, your majesty.”

                             ***

“King should not procrastinate on the hallways, and he should not pay attention to the trashy part of the staff,” Eric referred to the bodyguards who stood outside their room and bowed to the king.

Andy was just about to wave his hand at Junjin and Minwoo, but bowed his head down and pretended like he didn’t see them. Hyesung waited at the end of the corridor, arm ready for the king, as Eric nodded to him and he took Andy’s arm and laced it with him.

“Only person you are allowed to talk to in private is the ,” Eric lectured again. “Whatever you tell him, will stay with him and not go around these hallways like a gossip. You can trust him your heart and problems.” The assistant said.

Hyesung nodded once Andy glanced at him. He already knew that the was going to be his only friend in this cold and lonely castle. The most human contact Andy had gotten since the day he had been informed that his father had passed away and he needed to take over the throne. It felt like as soon as you became the king, you became fragile and no one was allowed to touch you; not even if you wanted it.

“Where are we going?” Andy suddenly noticed that he had not asked that question yet. “Is something wrong?” he panicked and almost halted his steps, but the held him tightly and almost pulled him violently with him

The bodyguards were now following the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter